Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KanagaDeepan

Tackle The WiFi Error on GSM Mode of Motorola Photon 4G

Few of Motorola Photon's earlier firmware brings WiFi error when using it as GSM phone... Even after applying SBF 198_6 for my Photon, I got the same WiFi error and I got the solution from XDA, which I want to share here...

Just download the attached tiny apk file and install it... WiFi will work without any issue in GSM...

Download reqd apk file and full details here...

Though most friends here, use Photon on CDMA and many on latest version without that issue, please keep a copy of this tiny file and may help sometime...

Thanks...

Remove_WiFi_Error CleanFUMOFlag_MB855.apk

• Like 8

Awesome find Kanaga ji +1

Strange that I am not facing any wifi error while using it exclusively for GSM. On build number 4.5.1A-1_SUN-198_6

Anyway thanks a bunch for the find Kanaga :)

Good One Kanaga Bhai. :)

+1

I am using my Photon only on EVDO since the last 1 month. As it is, I did not have any problems with WiFi earlier also, maybe because I use it on CDMA only...

Anyway, I have d/l'd the apk and will use it when I run into probs.

Thanks, Kanaga for the awesome find...+1

BTW, any luck with conference calling and USSD issue?

Kumaar sir, still NO solution for USSD even using 198_7 leaked SBF (as heard in xda)...

Further in 154_6 I didn't get any USSD-Balance-telling-message after call completion in my BSNL prepaid number... But after 198_6, I am getting one network message with <?> in subject and ok button.. May be my Photon is trying to tell my balance after every call???

Further anyone getting balance-info (readable) after every outgoing call completion? or just the <?> and OK button???

I am getting a blank network msg pop up on the screen after placing a call.

kumar sir, for conferencing issue, please give a try to the trick mentioned in one of kapil bhai's thread > http://www.rimweb.in...droid-2-global/

Thanks aalok for directing me to kapil's topic. I have gone through that topic and I note that Mujeeb tried out the method, but no success.

To be frank, I did not try it out. I will try it out and report here if it works.

BTW is Call Conferencing not available on PHOTON for CDMA postpaid/prepaid or GSM Postpaid/Prepaid? From my RCDMA postpaid also, it is not working. I used the stock dialer, called the 1st number, then add call, dialled the 2nd number - this did not connect at all and I was automatically reconnected to the 1st number. Though there was a merge button visible in the dialler, it did not work at all. Will try it with prepaid later and report here.

Mods/Admins: Sorry for the off-topic, if possible please move this to the correct thread.

Edited by KumaarShah

Kumaar sir, still NO solution for USSD even using 198_7 leaked SBF (as heard in xda)... Further in 154_6 I didn't get any USSD-Balance-telling-message after call completion in my BSNL prepaid number... But after 198_6, I am getting one network message with in subject and ok button.. May be my Photon is trying to tell my balance after every call??? Further anyone getting balance-info (readable) after every outgoing call completion? or just the and OK button???

Kanaga, Hetalbhai gave me my two Photons (1st one a month back and the 2nd one just a week back for my cousin) with the following: -

Build Number: 4.5.1A-1_SUN-198_7 and

System Version: 45.3.7.MB855.Sprint.en.US

Like you, I also browse the Motorola forums a bit and I found that my above Build and System Version 198_7 are still not available on Motorola website.

It still recommends the older version 198_6.

So does this mean that my version is leaked version? And what are the pros and cons of the 198_7 over the 198_6?

Mods/Admins: Sorry for the off-topic, if possible, please move this to the correct thread.

Edited by KumaarShah