Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kundalus

Google Contact Sync Issue

Its been a very unfortunate event for me. I'm currently using a photon bought few months ago. For some reasons, i had to do a factory reset to my handset. So i decided to backup contacts, sms & calls logs. Some how this time i decided to not to export contacts to my SD card and sync it to my gmail id through the contact sync options in the account. I did the sync and it was shown the process was on by a small syncing icon on the right side. Somehow when i tried syncing the account and contacts, the contacts which were added recently did not show up. I tried to crosscheck it with my gmail account but to my surprise the recent contacts did not show up even there. Anybody else has ever faced similar issues?

It not a good feeling when you loose contacts like this. Can anyone think of any way to get it back or perhaps any other way google contacts are synced with any other account (like earlier Facebook app used to sync all the contacts but they have stopped it due to privacy concerns).

just use office tools they are best and cost effective too.

Gmail accounts for me have always synced well... Google has an option of restore of the last 30 days account if anything is accidentally deleted

I think you should check that

To my knowledge google doesn't sync contacts anywhere else

@dipesh whenever you add a contact in Android, it ask where you want to store. if you choose phone/SIM and not your gmail, account, then numbers stored on phone/SIM will not be synced ever. It seems that you have stored many contacts on phone, so this is bound to happen. you can however to choose to merge or some option and then try to sync. I had made calender and contacts to be stored on gmail account by default. so no issue of loosing anything, anytime.

there is also app for syncing outlook with gmail and also it does USB sync (never tried though). I sync my outlook with gmail and phone with gmail... you can download it from

http://www.rimweb.in...015#entry239015

Edited by csmart

its always a safe side to sync and backup ur contacts on ur pc, i do that , cause many of my contacts are saved in phone so i make sure i dont loose them,

@hitesh sir, i think now i will try to follow these steps to backup my contacts,

@Girish, i never faced such issue in past, but this time i dint expected this this kind of thing to happen.

@Chiragbahi, the problem here is that the contacts did not sync with my gmail account over wifi & i'm very sure that i always selected the gmail account while adding my contacts. I tried everything from restoring to checking by any chance facebook app still stores contacts but all in vain.

Thanks everyone for your valuable response. I think now i will be more cautious in saving contacts and backing up contacts on SD card or outlook seems to be a better option. I have also posted this issue on gmail forum. Will update if there is any response out there.