Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
garry1313

Internet (1x/EVDO) not working on HTC EVO 4G

Gurus

I had purchased an HTC EVO 4G from One of the sellers in the forum. As per the seller this was EVDO ready handset. I had never used internet on my handset. This is MEID registered and my reliance cdma is working smooth on that. But whenever I connect to internet it shows 3G for a moment and thereafter it goes off. I need to have internet working on that.

Please help atleast configuring 1X on the number, Can check EVDO later on with the seller. I am currently not able to contact him.

I think the Radio is the Issue, Change the Radio after rooting this may help

For EVDO you will need to get EVDO activated for your number (even if it is activated for the MEID/Handset).

For 1X check that login/pass is your (mdn) cell number. In fact, ask the seller first if he had configured 1x for your number before giving the phone to you.

otherwise connect cdmaworkshop or qpst etc to do it

If configuration is problem 3g will not show

This is radio issue

If u are on 2.2 try to get ruu for 2.3

For EVDO you will need to get EVDO activated for your number (even if it is activated for the MEID/Handset).

For 1X check that login/pass is your (mdn) cell number. In fact, ask the seller first if he had configured 1x for your number before giving the phone to you.

otherwise connect cdmaworkshop or qpst etc to do it

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2 Beta-3

• Like 1

Parin,

I am also having similar problem in Nexus S 4G. ie 3G icon comes for some time but goes back to 1X and even if it is showing 3G the speed is really really slow (<10kbps). EVDO is activated from backend.

Can you tell me if i should look at flashing radio again ?

Also in cdma workshop there are 2 HDR login/pass fields (on left below PPP login/pass fields; & on right below PAP login/pass fields).

Do i need to put meid@hrpd.rcom.co.in & evdopass in both ? (i don't get even 1x icon if i do that).

The left side field had omhtest@omh.relianceada.com earlier and if i put that and blank password while right side has meid@... then i get this issue of sometimes 3G sometimes 1x.

I have also tried meid@.. on left side with evdo pw, and omhtest@... on right side with omh pw on right side. Now i am getting 1X but no 3G icon at all

All other combinations don't work. (ie meid@... on both sides, omhtest@,... on both sides etc.)

Why don't u use NV dump?

Problem on Samsung and HTC is diff

U don't have radio issue

Yours seem to be configuration issue.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2 Beta-3

Ok Parin. Garry1313 sorry to hijack your thread.

Parin, I'll pm you 1 question (do i need to fill up both HDR login/pass fields in cdmaws or only 1)

I have rooted my phone and installed a customer ROM on my EVO 4G and Boom 1x started working. :w00t: :w00t:

If I now revert back to the Stock ROM would the 1X be working, :nerves:

I have rooted my phone and installed a customer ROM on my EVO 4G and Boom 1x started working. :w00t: :w00t:

If I now revert back to the Stock ROM would the 1X be working, :nerves:

Ideally, updation of ROM should not change the data settings. On my Incredible, I have switched many ROMs but data was always working out of the box after every ROM change.

Changed the Radio to Radio_2.15.00.11.19 with custom ROM, it worked :w00t: .....Reverted back to the Stock ROM with the same verison of Radio....again stopped working :ranting: :ranting:

Changed the Radio to Radio_2.15.00.11.19 with custom ROM, it worked .....Reverted back to the Stock ROM with the same verison of Radio....again stopped working

Than why not use custom rom

Changed the Radio to Radio_2.15.00.11.19 with custom ROM, it worked .....Reverted back to the Stock ROM with the same verison of Radio....again stopped working

Than why not use custom rom

Some how i dont like the build and it drains battery like anything....as is the battery life of EVO you know :nerves:

Gurus

I had purchased an HTC EVO 4G from One of the sellers in the forum. As per the seller this was EVDO ready handset. I had never used internet on my handset. This is MEID registered and my reliance cdma is working smooth on that. But whenever I connect to internet it shows 3G for a moment and thereafter it goes off. I need to have internet working on that.

Please help atleast configuring 1X on the number, Can check EVDO later on with the seller. I am currently not able to contact him.

hey i also had same problem, i purchased the same mobile from Faiz Malik(from Mumbai) but he didn't help me at all. then i fortunately found a person from Delhi, i forgot his name but i have his number - 8826066600. he did some programing with the cdma tools and now it's working fine. and yes he took a normal charge for it.....