Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Al_DM

Help Required with International Roaming (Reliance GSM)

Reliance is cheating the people with not providing proper information.

I activated International Roaming on one of my Reliance number before leaving the country last week and I am not getting the IR since I have landed in different country. After numerous calls to customer care (fool people) and emailing them I get the following message. So in short they are telling me to travel to India and take new SIM and go back.

I paid the deposit and webworld personnel checked the card to and told me not to worry because this will work.

I am loosing on loads of stuff because of this, any help with this will be highly appreciated.

Thank you for contacting Reliance International Roaming Customer Care.

With reference to your mail, we would like to inform you that as per the system IR is provisioned with Single IMSI GSM SIM and ILD services are registered

MDN :

SIM No. : (Single IMSI GSM SIM will not work in foreign)

One the user is back in India, kindly request him to change the SIM to new DUAL IMSI GSM SIM to avoid inconvenience in future foreign tour.

If you are planning to be away from India for some more time, insist the customer care to courier the right SIM to use.

Some where read in RIMWeb itself that consumers can escalate the issue to Govt of India - TRAI or DOT or someother Dept. for a proper response with compensation.

On your return DON'T SPARE THEM :boxing:

Well customer care is useless they don’t know what to answer. I have already spent hours with them on call (calling from UK) without any help, infact all these people are useless. There is no single expert in resolving the issue.