Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
theking

Best AD2SDX Script (A2SD/EXT) - Amarullz Data To SD-EXT

(Disclaimer: I have not modded / developed the script and I have no contribution to that either. I am use a user and thought to share)

What is it?

This is a flash-able zip file that installs an A2SD-EXT script. This is similar to DTAPPS2SD or any other script but much better. It stores apps and data on your SD-EXT partition and mounts the partition as /data. There are no downfalls to this script, such as the "running out of space" error when only half way used and no audio glitches that can be found with Darktremor's script. (More info on OP linked below.)

How to get it running?

Simple; just flash the zip in recovery. You must have an EXT partition already created on your SD card, obviously. No need to enter any commands in Terminal as it already runs by itself upon boot. I tested and it works with CM7, MIUI, and ICS roms. Been using it for a while with NO problems.

Download? Original Thread?!

Glad you asked. Here is both: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1310309

Download link:http://forum.xda-dev...33&d=1319096938

Introducing....

AD2SDX - AMARULLZ DATA TO SD-EXT

by amarullz [at] yahoo [dot] com

* Oct 20 2011 (ALPHA02) - Update Compatibility

* Oct 19 2011 (ALPHA01)

WHAT IS IT??

This mod will move all Internal Memory (data) into sd-ext, "but not like data2ext", this mod will maintain the performance, because it still place dalvik-cache and system application data in Internal Memory.

HOW IT WORK??

The script will do this in the first boot:

• Move Mounting Internal Memory (/data) Into /sd-ext
  • Mount SDCard-Ext (mmcblk0p2) partition into /data
  • Create dalvik-cache directory in Internal Memory data (/sd-ext), and symlink it to mmcblk0p2 (/data)
  • Create data directory in mmcblk0p2 (/data) And symlink it into Internal Memory data (/sd-ext)
  • Create symlink of app, app-private, app_s and lib_s from mmcblk0p2 (/data) to Internal memory data (/sd-ext)
  • Create symlink for all non-symllink of Internal Memory data (/sd-ext) into mmcblk0p2 (/data)

After Initializing Setup (First Boot), reboot the system (Just reboot, don't go into recovery), the mod will automatically do this following:

• Create data_s in Internal Memory data (/sd-ext)
  • Move All mmcblk0p2(/data)/data/com.htc* and com.android* into Internal Memory data(/sd-ext)/data_s
  • Create symlink all files/directory from Internal Memory data (/sd-ext)/data_s/* into mmcblk0p2(/data)/data/ So the System Application Data still read into Internal memory, but rest Application Data will read Into SDCard.