Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
ajmeraji

721: Ppp Peer Not Responding

I have LG RD 7230 handset. I have been trying to r-connect this with Windows XP. I always get the error message number 721: PPP peer not responding. However, rarely (1 out of 50 times) it happens that the connection gets established. Anybody there faced similar problems? Any ideas?

I am not sure about what's wrong but I thought about consulting the Help pages on the official Reliance Dialer program.

Here's what they have for Error 721:-

A PPP conversation was attempted, but the remote computer did not respond. This error occurs when the server does not support PPP, such as a Windows NT 3.51 or earlier remote access server, or a SLIP server.

This error may also occur if the server requires logging on by using a terminal window before starting PPP. If using a terminal window to log on solves the problem, you can automate the process for future connections.

This error can also indicate faulty hardware on your computer, or the remote server.

The first two possibilities suggested appear unlikely to me. So I'd tend towards the third possibility.

i am also facing the same problem... i have a serial cable for rd 2030 that i want to connect to my laptop usb port through separate usb/serial convertor... i successfully installed the driver for the convertor and during r connect my phone was also recognised and installed the driver.. but later on on connecting... my phone shows a data call while r connect shows verifying the username password... after some time it gives that message (721 ppp peer not responding") i havent tried 50 times to check if it connects sometime on not... my serial cable is working perfectly with my desktop... i think either some problem is with the convertor or its driver.....

There is a fix at microsoft support website and I tried it...now the success rate is much better than 1/50..but still not very good.....lemme know if you find a good solution. the fix can be found at :

support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;271731

this happnens when i try to connect using a expired prepaid handset.but using the same cable and another phone, it works perfect :confuse: