Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
raj_raj_in_in

Please advise between Motorola Photon 4G or HTC Design 4G

Hi,

Kindly advice between the two phones, specs of both are almost similar, m confused. My budget is arnd 16-17k.

Seller has confirmed 3G on gsm and have too check wid him evdo on CDMA for photon.

Thanks.

I have both with me. Specs wise photon is better. But camera of design is far ahead from photon. In compare to 5mp of design, photon with 8 mp stands nowhere. Screen of design is amoled which is much better than pentile screen of photon.

The areas where design lags is screen size and processor. But if u consider camera and screen is more imp go for design for sure. If u ask me, personally I will opt design. Rest is ur choice.

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Thanks Sanju and Roshan...

Somehow I am not inclined towards Motorola phone.. Would prefer Htc's mobile anyday (also might be coz I m Using Htc)

. In this case specs of photon is very tempting.. Dual core and 1gb ram....

thanks guys for your input... I M going for photon :)

Somehow I am not inclined towards Motorola phone.. Would prefer Htc's mobile anyday (also might be coz I m Using Htc)

Be aware that in photon

1. USSD codes do not work in prepaid. Meaning checking balances through short codes like *123# etc etc won't work

2. Bootloader is locked. So if you're someone who likes to experiment with different ROMs then this is not the phone for you. Yes, you can unlock the bootloader but still other phones come with unlocked bootloaders thereby minimising chances of bricking your phone while unlocking.

Sent from my rotary phone

• Like 1

Be aware that in photon

1. USSD codes do not work in prepaid. Meaning checking balances through short codes like *123# etc etc won't work

2. Bootloader is locked. So if you're someone who likes to experiment with different ROMs then this is not the phone for you. Yes, you can unlock the bootloader but still other phones come with unlocked bootloaders thereby minimising chances of bricking your phone while unlocking.

Sent from my rotary phone

1. Yes, it is OK for postpaid connections only (I used Photon last year)... If your number is prepaid, please forgot Photon...

2. Latest firmware version (which makes recording 1080p videos on Photon's camera) makes Photon's bootloader UnLockable... If the phone comes with old firmware (or 1080p video recording option is absent), unlocking BL is still possible...

• Like 1

Same problem with droid razr, ussd code doesn't work.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Thanks..Now I m not feeling good on photon..

.. I have CDMA postpaid and gsm prepaid... Phone wud be used for both number(not at same time)... And majorly for video calling (front cam wud be very useful )

Won't be fiddling with Roms...

Kindly help wid few queries on Design:-

Wud USSD work on Htc design?

Wud it have 3G on gsm & Evdo on cdma working?

How's battery ?

Really appreciate valuable inputs.. Cheers :)

i would suggest you to go for droid razr.Its a fantastic phone.

Thanks Roshan.. But I guess razr wud bit out of budget... I m looking at somewhere in between 16-17k

Its in ur budget.check the reputed sellers group.parin ji and nikme both have the droid razr for sale.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

USSD is working good in Droid Razr.. I am using one.. Since you are not too keen on custom ROM and such activities, its locked bootloader will not be an issue for you, imho

Further Parin ji has like new Razr in your budget.

My suggestion is go for Razr and you will never regret it.

Sent from my MB612 using Tapatalk 2