Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Dhirens

Gtran - Reasons Behind All Problems

I am using GTRAN since last 9 months. This phone is OK. Nothing special about it. As a basic phone, it serves my basic needs.

However since last 15 days, I am facing problems related to batteries. Both batteries became weak and now I cannot talk for even 5 minutes using these batteries. RWORLD would exhaust this batteries in 3-4 minutes. Any phone ring literally scares me as I am not sure if I can complete conversation using weak batteries.

I went to RWW and they told me to visit service center. They clarified that they dont sell GTRAN anymore and spare batteries are not sold in RWW.

I went to GTRAN service center in Mumbai. Most visitors were having complaints related to batteries. Person incharge told me that they were not having stock of batteries and therefore they were unable to help me. I was asked to drop my contact number.

On several requests they told me that they were getting few batteries from headoffice every month and they give only 1 battery to those who approach service center to claim battery ( Within warrantee period ). They were unable to comment on many things.

I learned from one service man that reliance is no more supporting GTRAN and they have stopped purchasing GTRAN handsets. In addition to that, they have not approved and paid for software version of handset which is developed by GTRAN for better performance. This better version of software can be available only if RELIANCE purchase it for the benefit of their customers. GTRAN cannot afford to develop softwares for customers if new handsets are not purchased by RELIANCE. Hence GTRAN users should not expect better features from GTRAN or support from reliance on this matter.

Further, I was informed that GTRAN batteries became weak because it remained in stock with reliance for longer period. With reduction of handset cost, reliance could push this handset though GTRAN is not a well known brand.

Finally to help me, that serviceman offered me his own battery and I had no choice but to accept it. THis battery lasts for 2 days and gives 2 hours of talktime. I am supposed to return this battery to that service man if I get replacement from GTRAN.

If an ordinary service man can help resolving customer's problem, why cant reliance ?

I purchased GTRAN because of RELIANCE name attached with that. If reliance wants to forget everything after they dispose of handsets, I would like to terminate service of reliance. I have sent emails to chairman's office and customer care, but who cares ?

GTRAN users - please write to customer care and chairman and ask for replacement of batteries / handset / software. Lets see if they are interested in retaining customers or they are not bothered.

GTRAN is indeed a sub-standarad set and we have been duped by Reliance..........

We have written to Chairman, CC many times before without any result.

Best way is to file case in consumer court for compensastion and a criminal case in police station for cheating and fraud.

i am having 4th GTRAN handset only after 8 onths of purchase.

that means 1 gtran works only for 2 months on average. waiting for some good handset from Reliance like Nokia 6255

That is why i changed from GTRAN. It was a good handset in some ways, but the battery still s**ks!

I was told by Chembur customer care that I will get new battery within 7 days. Today is 10th day and I am still awaiting response from Customer care (email) , Chembur customer care, and chairman's office.

WHO CARES ?

I was told by Chembur customer care that I will get new battery within 7 days. Today is 10th day and I am still awaiting response from Customer care (email) , Chembur customer care, and chairman's office.

I have been told that a number of times as well but still havent got it

will ther be something special in it?

if yes then 1 4 me

Guys,

I called up GTRAN service center today and I was informed that batteries may come in 1-2 months. Price of new battery is Rs.1560 but not in stock.

Then I went to Chembur customer care. One customer care girl recognised me. She was in touch with GTRAN and she confirmed that GTRAN people are not expecting batteries for next 2 months.

She arranged one battery for me and gave me. The battery was used. ( may be from old handset which some customer might have given under phone upgrade ) I am supposed to return this battery to them once I get new battery from GTRAN.

I appreciate her help to resolve this issue. But in between, one executive came and our talks ended in displeasure.

As a customer, I informed him that my warrantee period was valid and as per warrantee term, i deserve new bateries or replacement of handset. ( meanwhile I want to inform you guys that my handset has developed some more problems ) This guy told me that he cannot promise replacement of new handset or offer new batteries. Thats was still OK.

He informed me that reliance was just intermidiary between me and GTRAN and no way bound to offer me replacement of any kind.

Further he informed me that my handset can fetch maximum of Rs.500 from reliance and advised me to buy a new handset and offered me help in disposing my handset at Rs.1500 in second hand market. That was still good on his part. Lastly, he told me that he/reliance cannot go outof way to resolve my problem and maximum what I can get for my handset is Rs.500.

I really dont understand type of help or support offered. I am a customer who purchased handset from reliance ( not really purchased but reliance gave it to me free as club member by upgrading my membership or etc ) . I stated once again that i purchased that handset trusting reliance name and not gtran.

When instrument has problems, batteries are weak, new batteries are not given to everyone though phone is under warrantee period and reliance is not upgrading software of phone and buying new phone from this company, it should be moral responsibility of reliance to offer support and help by making customer happy. Why cant reliance pay money from their pocket and offer new batteries ? Why cant reliance buy new software from GTRAN and offer all latest features which LG phone offers ?

I am unhappy customer of GTRAN and just wanted special discount on new phone so that I get rid of GTRAN and dont have to bother for support of this phone.

When I have paid full price of phone and I am unhappy with instrument due to many faults/problems , why cant reliance offer me better phone at discount when my existing phone is under warrantee period.

As per warrantee terms, i can claim new batteries ( 2 batteries in 12 months ) then why should I acdcept old batteries from reliance - dead stock or serviceman of gtran ? Why cant reliance promise me of new battery ?

Finally I decided that I was wasting my time for few thousand rupees that I spent on GTRAN. And I told that guy that i was interested in discontinuing with reliance and he told me procedures on my request. I will discontinue with reliance.

GTRAN users, dont compromise with your dead batteries, go to customer care unit and fight for your right. Atleast you may get old and used batteries from them which may help you.

And reliance guys, if you help your customers by going out of way ( especially when customer is facing problems ) you are not going to die. And that way neither company is going to die. You can sell your dead stock once and then loose your loyal customer forever.

hi totally agree with you Dhirens, i am also facing the problem regarding GTRAN handset, and i wrote to Chairman regarding this and got the same reply advising to visit the nearest webworld. Reliance should compensate the gtran customers for the mistake they did by selling the buggy handsets.

B)

Respected Sir,

below herein i forward my e-mail complaint dated

9/2/05 to your office of which so far i have not

received any response so far from your office. i

request your goodself to look into my complaint and

get my G tran instrument replaced with some good

mobile instrument of equivalent value.

since as i have stated that this instrument has some

structural inherent defects i request u to do the

replacement as requested with some other instruement

of equivalent value at the earliest.

thanking you.

ashok baliya

dear sir

mobile no. 9322233184

this is bring to your kind notice that your Gtran

mobile instruments have got certain engineering

defects. even after of replacement of instruments and

batteries, problem remains there. when i discussed

about my problems with other Gtran users they had the

same problems.

this very poor quality of mobile instrument.now i

request you to replace my Gtran instrument with some

other good quality instrument. pls note that value of

Gtran instrument is Rs. 12500/-.

pls do the needful at the earliest.

thanking you,

ashok baliya

Respected Sir,

In response to my e mail dt. 17/3/05 i have so far

received 3 calls from your office offering me

replacement of Gtran Instrument, ie offer of

replacement of defective instrument with another

defective instrument.

pls note i am not interested in such offer, i have

already informed your office as well as in my said e

mail.

ashok baliya

Nothing has been done to solve my below problem. time

being i have decided not to use the said useless

mobile.

ashok Baliya

--- BALIYA ASHOK <ashok_baliya@yahoo.com> wrote:

>

> Respected Sir,

>

> In response to my e mail dt. 17/3/05 i have so far

> received 3 calls from your office offering me

> replacement of Gtran Instrument, ie offer of

> replacement of defective instrument with another

> defective instrument.

>

> pls note i am not interested in such offer, i have

> already informed your office as well as in my said e

> mail.

>

> ashok baliya

they provide u alternate handset other GTRAN. nothing except this possible. i did same.

don't waste time. u will face problems finally when u visit ww.

if anyone is getting rid of GTRAN plz sell me your RUIM.

HI GUYS

I HAVE RELATIVE BAD EXPERIENCE WITH RELIANCE. FIRST OF ALL WHEN I TOOK MY CONNECTION IN MAR '03 I PAID 5000 (3000 CLUB + 2000 STD/ISD DEPOSIT)

AND I GAVE TEHM PDC'S . EVERY THING WAS FINE BUT THE LG HANSET HAD SOME MINOR PROBLEMS WHIHC WERE SOLVED BY THE EXCELLENT SERVICE OF LG AS COMPARED TO RELIANCE.

THEN I JUST DECIDED THAT I WILL PAY RELIANCE DIRECTLY AND ASK THEM TO CANCEL MY PDC AS TEHY TOLD ME THERE IS NO CHARGE AND IT WILL NOT EFFECT ME IN ANY WAY OR MY SERVICES OR ANYTHING AND THOUGH I HAD APPLIED FOR IT IN JAN OR FEB '04 IT HAPPEN IN JJUNE '04... YET OK

THEN CAME THE COLOUR HUNGAMA AND I LIKE A """FOOL """" ONCE AGAIN WENT IN FOR THE GTRAN FOR THE 5651 OFFERED WITH MY OLD HANSET IN EXCHANGE. THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN I GET A CHARGE OF 3000 IN THE MONTH OF AUG TO SEP AND I GOT A SHOCK AS MY REGYULAR BILLS WERE ONLY MAX 2000 I WENT AND INQUIRED ALL IN VAIN BUT ONE WEBWORLD HELPED ME OUT AND EXPLAINED IT TO ME THAT SINCE I HAD CANC MY PDC I WAS SHIFTED TOT HE DAPO 3350 FROM THE DAPO ORIGINAL OFFER AND IT SEEMS THAT THE IF I WOULD HAVE STILL CONTINUED IN THE OLD PYMT OPTION I WOULD NOT BE CHARGED THE 3000 AND THEN THE GTRAN CAME WITH IT'S OWN BAG OF PROBLEMS. BATTERY A MAJOR PROBLEM SERVICE CENTRE HAVING NO STOCK SINCE NOVEMBER '04 AND EVEN NOW WHEN EVER I GO TO THEM THEY HAVE NO STOCK THUS I AHVE DECIDED TO SEEL MY GTRAN AT WAHT EVER BEST PRICE I GET AND GET MY SELF A NOKIA ATLEAST I CAN TRUST NOIA FO RHTE WARRANTY THAT THEY GIVE

I think that all GTRAN handset owners should go to consumer court and file case against reliance and GTRAn both.

My LCD unit of GTRAN handset failed about 7 days back. GTRAN service center doesn't have stock of LCD units. They will contact me once they get it from GTRAN. Meanwhile I cant read SMS, cant use phone address book and cant change settings.

THis situation is as good as a blind man is using mobile where he doesn't know who is calling, cant read sms, cant use phone book and etc.

Meanwhile RELIANCE Customer care executive of south Mumbai, who is known to me offered help. Looking at my various problems with handset, he offered me new handset of GTRAN only. That was still good offer. BUT THEY DONT HAVE GTRAN HANDSETS AT ALL :-(

Now they are searching their webowrld for old handset of GTRAN so that they can give me LCD unit out of that.......

Reliance might have sold 30000 units of GTRAN. They did experiment of testing GTRAN and found that it is not suitable for them. This experiment results in to loss for customers who bought GTRAN trusting RELIANCE name.

In USA/EUROPE, telephone company would have recalled such faulty handsets and offered free phones to their customers with more benefits and bear all losses just to make customer happy and to retain him.

Here we all are holding valid warrantee cards but not getting batteries even after 4 months. Any part is needed for repair, service center asks to wait for 1-2 months. For small problems, one has to bear heavy costs. New battery of GTRAN is costing Rs.1560 for which a new handset of SAMSUNG can be obtained.

GTRAN will soon die because of quality of service offered ....... and reliance, learn something from American companies if you want to retain your customers.

dhiren, good idea to take these duhs to court. But dont wait for others to join up. never works that way.

If u r prepared, jus ready all the things and get going.

My suggestion, thats what i follow. Whenever some1 at the ASC say that the parts or accessories r not avl, then u shud ask that person to give u in writing abt all that she is saying and a probable date when the things wud b avl, as well. That wud make ur work easier at the courts!!

Hey fed up with gtran?? call me to get nokia 3105 will work with ur RUIM :o

i.e u retain ur number and service.

Hi All,

I bought the GTRAN handset last year as I wanted to move to a Color flip phone. After a couple of months, the screen started bleeding in a couple of pixels on the screen. Got the handset replaced without any hassels. Then couple more months later, the replaced handset also started bleeding. I went to the Webworld again and they asked me to mail the Manager of the shop informing the same and the handset will be replaced. I mailed the manager and to my surprise they replaced the GTRAN I had with the LG RD7230 without any extra amount. :help: FOR FREE :clap: I was like in awe of the phone to see the features of this phone, camera, video camera, stereo sound. Just amazing. Its been 10 months now since I am using the RD7230. And now I feel underpowered since this phone has no Bluetooth and no memory expansion capabilities. I learned that Reliance will be introducing their first bluetooth handset the Nokia 6255. I am anxiuosly waiting for that handset to arrive and I will exchange the RD7230 with that one.

As far as GTRAN goes, battery life was OK, not GOOD, but OK. It was light weight and flip phones just have a different aura around them as compared to the regular non flip models. You feel good to be able to flip the phone and talk when it rings!!!

If anyone knows when Reliance is launching the 6255, please mail me. I am anxiously waiting for that. :confuse:

-Khaja

Anyone want to get rid of gtran contact me. ill give nokia 3105 in exchange of gtran + 2k. nokia 3105 is one of the best phone in cdma.

but handset will not be having R-world.

Anyone want to get rid of gtran contact me. ill give nokia 3105 in exchange of gtran + 2k. nokia 3105 is one of the best phone in cdma.

but handset will not be having R-world.

30924[/snapback]

hi minnamobile can i get 3125 instead of 3105?. can i use the RUIM card with nokia 3105 or 3125.

Only second hand 3105 is availble.

My GTRAN (which i bought in June,03) developed some defects. Thanks to few RIM guys I know, they have replaced GTRAN with LG 6130 for which I had to pay Rs. 1500 bucks extra. I think it was worth since my batteries were nearly end of life and no new batteries are available.

I understand this type of selective exchange is allowed by RIM on case-to-case basis. So if u r GTRAN is dead, try u r luck with RIM.

Will Reliance help us?

Will they solve our GTRAN problems?

Will Reliance try to retain it's GTRAN customers?

If not helped this time I will surely prefer to get rid of RELIANCE.

I am using GTRAN since last 9 months. This phone is OK. Nothing special about it. As a basic phone, it serves my basic needs.

However since last 15 days, I am facing problems related to batteries. Both batteries became weak and now I cannot talk for even 5 minutes using these batteries. RWORLD would exhaust this batteries in 3-4 minutes. Any phone ring literally scares me as I am not sure if I can complete conversation using weak batteries.

I went to RWW and they told me to visit service center. They clarified that they dont sell GTRAN anymore and spare batteries are not sold in RWW.

I went to GTRAN service center in Mumbai. Most visitors were having complaints related to batteries. Person incharge told me that they were not having stock of batteries and therefore they were unable to help me. I was asked to drop my contact number.

On several requests they told me that they were getting few batteries from headoffice every month and they give only 1 battery to those who approach service center to claim battery ( Within warrantee period ). They were unable to comment on many things.

I learned from one service man that reliance is no more supporting GTRAN and they have stopped purchasing GTRAN handsets. In addition to that, they have not approved and paid for software version of handset which is developed by GTRAN for better performance. This better version of software can be available only if RELIANCE purchase it for the benefit of their customers. GTRAN cannot afford to develop softwares for customers if new handsets are not purchased by RELIANCE. Hence GTRAN users should not expect better features from GTRAN or support from reliance on this matter.

Further, I was informed that GTRAN batteries became weak because it remained in stock with reliance for longer period. With reduction of handset cost, reliance could push this handset though GTRAN is not a well known brand.

Finally to help me, that serviceman offered me his own battery and I had no choice but to accept it. THis battery lasts for 2 days and gives 2 hours of talktime. I am supposed to return this battery to that service man if I get replacement from GTRAN.

If an ordinary service man can help resolving customer's problem, why cant reliance ?

I purchased GTRAN because of RELIANCE name attached with that. If reliance wants to forget everything after they dispose of handsets, I would like to terminate service of reliance. I have sent emails to chairman's office and customer care, but who cares ?

GTRAN users - please write to customer care and chairman and ask for replacement of batteries / handset / software. Lets see if they are interested in retaining customers or they are not bothered.

29631[/snapback]

Dear All,

Finally Reliance and GTRAN service Center helped me.

I got a call from GTRAN SS and they asked me to collect new battery. However they said that LCD pabel was not available and would come in 3-4 months.

I took up this matter with RELIANCE and told them that it was very unfair. Reliance was importer of phone and hence they were supposed to provide cervice.

GTRAN has sold mobile business to another company which is not manufacturing handsets now. Hence parts are not easily available.

Reliance guy told me to wait for 3-4 days. Meanwhile I went to GTRAN SS to collect new battery. I was given a new battery and surprisingly they changed my LCD unit also. Now the phone works well.

I noticed that many people were coming to GTRAN SS for lcd unit replacement. Many of them had tried to get it repaired outside. In many cases LCD units were broken and were being claimed under warrantee. This LCD unit is cosing Rs.4600 !!!! I think that is the reason why GTRAN SS dont entertain most people on LCD unit issues. However as a genuine customer, I got it replaced free of charge.

Next day I got call from Reliance Cust. Care that they were ready to provide me new handset of GTRAN against my old handset. I guess that new handset was from their old unslod stock. Since my phone was working well, I denied to take new handset from them. My issue with reliance was related to service and warrantee.

However I had to face a lot of troubles in last 3 months for getting replacement of battery + LCD panel and phone replacement.

So if you are one who is stuck up with GTRAN handset, take some action and you will get replacement or repair. Atleast one new handset is available with them which might be for you. So genuine GTRAN customers, rush to Reliance Customer Care south Mumbai !!!!!!!!!

Dhirens

can u plz tell us abt your experience with new battery?