Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
aquachap

Using EVDO on Unlocked MTAG352

I have purchased a MTS MTAG 352 unlocked CDMA phone. the set supports all CDMa ruim's.

I purchased a new Reliance CDMA connection with OMH RUIM Card. Activated Rs 94 Plan on it (1.5GB HSD Data for 1 month).

Created a new APN in settings with

APN #777,

username & pwd my MDN. ( i used net, net also)

By this method 1x is working very fine but EVDO is not. although The set is showing both EVDO and 1x signals.

Inserted the same ruim in AC2766 Data card and tried to connect in EVDO mode but didnt connected whereas it connects easily when 1x is selected.

I request the experts to help me.

Is EVDO required to be activated from Reliance end or is it pre-activated on prepaid numbers.

Regards

EVDO is not activated by default.. get it activated by calling to CC or visiting RW.<br /><br />tappa-talking from droid razr..<br /><br />

• Like 1

I have same phone and same plan after activating evdo speed is great

• Like 1

EVDO is not activated by default.. get it activated by calling to CC or visiting RW.<br /><br />tappa-talking from droid razr..<br /><br />

contacted CC, they are saying that EVDO is not to be activated, it is a phone function. (Damn bloody Reliance CC :ranting: ) Contacted RW on phone they dont know about EVDO. If there be any setting fault then it should work on Data card at least.

I have same phone and same plan after activating evdo speed is great

Can u please share the settings made on set in detail Abhay. Did u made any efforts to activate the EVDO from reliance or was it pre activated.

just go to reliance web world tell them to take ur complaint under the head netconnect+ stating that ur unable to connect to EVDO network and u have OmH sim.

• Like 1

Call *355 ( Netconnect CC) and give request to activate HSD service on your mobile number, tell CC that u have OHM SIM card.

Edited by shan1212
  • Like 1

EVDO Activated few minutes ago... :thumbup:

Called *355 but they refused to activate from their end.

CC at *333 and 198 were dumb enough to respond.

Reliance WW didnt cooperated.

Just to take a chance I called the Reliance agent who Activated my New Sim. He tried from the sim activation centre (where he submitts papers for new number activation.)

I recieved a message few minutes ago from 52811 : ur request has been registered, ur data services will be activated shortly.

I tried to connect and EVDO is working perfectly... :yahoo:

Thanx to forum members for their guidance and support :signthankspin: . Thanx Saiesh, Abhay, AAlok Bhai and Shan1212.. :hi2:

enjoy now....