Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
grebel

Unable To Activate Number After Mother Board Replacement On Samsung SCH-i500

Hi

Due to not booting of the phone i.e Samsung SCH -i500(Fascinate US Model) officially brought from reliance, samsung service team repalced mother board after that i am unable to reactivate my number on the phone. Initailly i got error message stating that invalid RSN number as stated by Reliance Web world team. I contacted the Samsung service they said only mother board is replaced i found that the old IMEI number sticker on the phone. My query is "after replacement of Mother board will the RSN will be changed or not" if not then how could i reactivate my phone kindly help me out.

your RSN will be changed and you need to take up the matter with higher authorities of reliance, as your phone is official from reliance. (Samsung Atlas).

faced this kind of issue in past, when Reliance launched HTC S720 Windows based smartphone. HTC took 8 days to change the mainboard because of manufacturing defect & Reliance took 60+ days to reactivate it.. :bash:

• Like 3

Go to reliance webworld main office in Ur place , told them Ur old rsn, mdn, and new rsn, they will activate.

Sent from my S710D using Tapatalk 2

@

grebel

what is the GETSTAT of your current RSN / MEID,

Also have you noted your MEID before giving it to repair ? do they match ?

• Like 1

Pm me your number n your new rsn.. I may be able to help u...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 2

Sorry for the delayed response as i was out of town...

One thing i got to say is that after replacement of the mother board the sticker labeled on the phone was of the old one i.e OLD MEID and RSN number and samsung service center team and technical team dont know what is the RSN number and they simply tell that after replacement of mother board the RSN will not be changed..

@basheerbr : As New RSN values are not provided by Samsung team Reliane cannot help me out already tried..

@Hitesh : Tried couple of days back with Reliance Web world team what value received from the GETSTAT is used still same issue

@hiteshkkk1 : As already said i dont have new RSN number further

Talked with executive team of Samsung and local service head they too dont know any thing about the issue finally yesterday they asked me to submit my peripherals after escalating the issue to CEO team,they called me for replacement of the phone as know one is able to identify the exact issue and unable to provide the new RSN for the replaced board..

Can u check rsn with CDMA work dhop

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

@Rebel,

Do getstat with your meid which is displayed in about menu of setting.

{ just a try } :smartass:

• Like 1

Connect your phone to cdma workshop with your phone drivers,it may be show your new RSN.

send from my HTC REZOUND WITH RIM CDMA EVDO...

Settings->about phone->phone identity->MEID will show you the new MEID regardless of the technical methodology used to change device identity.

Sent from my P5100

Yup,dr.this is right,but. But if MEID was changed then he should also again register MEID to reliance.

send from my HTC REZOUND WITH RIM CDMA EVDO...

@vahidmomin : one should keep in mind that OP is using Samsung Atlas, which is officially launched by Reliance Communications in India for CDMA. If anything is done by samsung/reliance, that has to be taken care by ASC/Reliance Customer Service Team, seperately or collectively.

OP : RSN is reliance's terminology for identifying the handset/device/RUIM and is linked to ESN/MEID, which is actually an industry standard for CDMA globally.

Check following :

i) Whats the RSN or MEID mentioned on the box (if you still have it). If no box is available, please check what is mentioned when you remove the battery.

ii) Cross check it with the system properties as mentioned by above posters.

What reliance has to do is to map the existing RSN # with NEW MEID (as the main board has been replaced). Its a very easy and simple task and can be done in minutes, but only if you find the right person to do it because its next to impossible to let those nincompoops (reliance customer care) understand the exact issue.

If everything fails, there is only one way to restore your services, but only if you come across your old MEID. but that method is not advisable.

• Like 1

Dear Sir,

I bought HTC EVO 3d, which is reliance registered and used it for about 1 year. Then I got a problem with the display and taken the mobile to reliance web world and they transferred the number to a SIM.

Now I got the mobile repaired and tried to activate it with HCC. when I am dialing *228, it is not asking for the pin, simply it says "your phone could not be activated, please contact reliance customer care"

Then I checked the status of the MEID from other reliance mobile. I got the following Message.

"HANDSET STATUS AS ON 05/09/2013, WITH RSN AXXXXXXXXXX0: IS REPORTED LOST WILL NOT WORK WITH A POSTPAID GSK, PREPAID GSK AND A HCC"

I have given requests to Reliance Web Express and they are not doing anything.

when I contacted the Forum members, they advised me to post a thread so that some Reliance Official can help me.

Kindly help me. If it costs some thing, I am ready to pay for that.

Regards

Sarma

^^^While transferring your number to the SIM at the web world, immediately give a request to release the RSN (MEID) of the last handset used, upon activation on the SIM, you get an SMS stating your handset will be released in 24 hours. You may need to frequently visit your web world for this issue. You can try out other location.

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Tapatalk 4