Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
floyd101077

Windows auto-shutdown on connection

Windows(98/XP/2000) shuts down automatically after I connect using my LG 2030 or my LG FWP. The error message says "the RPC procedure has made a illegal operation" and it shuts down in 30 seconds. The connection stays active.

One of my friends said he got some patch file from someplace that removed this problem. Anybody facing this problem?

It is warm actually it happens mostly in 2000 and XP.

XP and 2000 windows service pack solves that problem.

if u do not want to install service packs then There is hotfix available on microsoft site.

Try to search google with this "WindowsXP-KB823980-x86-ENU.exe" or "KB823980 WindowsXP" for xp patch. for 2000 "KB823980 windows2000" . u will get direct link to that files.

install following three files. try to get only from microsoft's site otherwise it also contains Virus or warms.

Q815021_WXP_SP2_x86_ENU.exe

WindowsXP-KB823980-x86-ENU.exe

q824145.exe

and mostly this is solves the problem.

XP and 2000

hey niket what exactly do u mean by *warm*??

i absolutely did not get you. :D

XP and 2000

hey niket what exactly do u mean by *warm*??

i absolutely did not get you. :D

It's a spelling mistake "Worm" actually intended.

W32.Blaster.Worm caused problem on my PC too. when i Three months ago when i re-installed XP. But problem is diff..

In my modems activity log Sent bytes are too high then received bytes. so this worm sending some data from my pc.

And i don't like any Anti virus softs.

And XP service pack 1 slow downs PC. So i found that these hotfix released by micro$oft is the best solution to these worm.

And i think u r geek here and u better understand it is "Worm" not "Warm". it's my silly mistake.

and if u don't then read below .. it just my try to explain. i am aCivil Engg. not Comp Engg. :eek:

Worm is actually not virus. virus is by nature destructive to OS functions. and most modern Anti virus soft detect any virus even if it is not in their virus database.

So, these worms found a new ways.. to damage

First these worm copies itself to windows xp users when he connected to net( Because loop holes in M$ Windows) and once activated. it causes RPC service crashes and This crash causes XP to restart.

W32.Blaster.Worm has another version also. That slow down the Net connection by sending data. Installing above three files i washed that worm completely.

And this worm always get intall itself in New XP installation.(or Not patched by a hotfix or antivirus software)

Find full story of this Worm here.

If I get Linux version of my CAD and 3D software.Then I never use this buggy **** of M$.

To fix loopholes M$ releases Service Packs and It contains New and Fresh Loopholes.