Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
ashish_1985

Sachin Tendulkar going to retire after playing 200th test!

Sachin Tendulkar will bring an end to his glittering 24-year international career after he plays his 200th Test, which is scheduled to be during the home series against West Indies in November. Tendulkar announced his decision on Wednesday afternoon, via a BCCI statement, like he had done when he retired from ODIs in December 2012.

Letter he submitted to BCCI-

"All my life, I have had a dream of playing cricket for India. I have been living this dream every day for the last 24 years," Tendulkar said in a statement. "It's hard for me to imagine a life without playing cricket because it's all I have ever done since I was 11 years old. It's been a huge honour to have represented my country and played all over the world. I look forward to playing my 200th Test match on home soil, as I call it a day.

"I thank the BCCI for everything over the years and for permitting me to move on when my heart feels it's time. I thank my family for their patience and understanding. Most of all, I thank my fans and well-wishers who through their prayers and wishes have given me the strength to go out and perform at my best."

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/content/current/story/678469.html

Thanks for the memories sachin!!

At last a good decision,little late though- Hope he will make the Test match remembered in the history of cricket with his performance. Hard to replace his presence great player.

Expected decision but still it broke the heart. Watching him playing since his debut. Now want to watch his last match live in ground...

Hope final match is played at wankhede!

Watching India Cricket will never be the same without Sachin and Dravid!!!

• Like 2

True legends can never be replaced Sachin Dravid.Though decision is a bit late he deserves to go when he feels its time.

"When Sachin Tendulkar travelled to Pakistan to face one of the finest bowling

attacks ever assembled in cricket, Michael Schumacher was yet to race a F1 car, Lance

Armstrong had never been to the Tour de France, Diego Maradona was still the captain

of a world champion Argentina team, Pete Sampras had never won a Grand Slam.

When Tendulkar embarked on a glorious career taming Imran and company, Roger Federer

was a name unheard of; Lionel Messi was in his nappies, Usain Bolt was an unknown kid

in the Jamaican backwaters. The Berlin Wall was still intact, USSR was one big, big

country, Dr Manmohan Singh was yet to "open" the Nehruvian economy.

It seems while Time was having his toll on every individual on the face of this

planet, It excused one man. Time stands frozen in front of Sachin Tendulkar. We have

had champions, we have had legends, but we have never had another Sachin Tendulkar and we never will."

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 4