Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
mywebid

How To Unlock & Programme Reliance Huawei EC1262 Data Dongle?

Freinds, out of no where a thought of trying out programming (unlock) my Reliance huawei ec1262 dongle (just as a fun activity to see how CDMA programming works :P) got into my mind. So I started at it after reading some online resources and getting hold of few tools. But after some initial success am stuck at a point. Here is what I have achieved:

- Got the SPC

- Flashed to stock Firmware ==> but looks like that it is retaining the card lock & all user NAM settings. Is it normal?

- Tried changing the RUIM setting to RUIM_Pref, and then to RUIM_only, but still the "SIM not detected' shown when dongle is attached with RUIM inserted.

- Tried to clear all NAM settings (except PCH A, B etc.) but still surprinsingly many vaues like MIN are not getting cleared

(just tried to change SPC to 000000 but it is also not happening)

Now the situation is that still "SIM not detected' is shown when dongle is attached with RUIM inserted (and of course the default non-RUIM config/number is lost too :cry: )

- Is this due to the fact that this dongle has ESN number but NULL (zero) MEID? If yes, is here a way to set MEID or whatever

- Is there a way by which we could set NAM2 as default via programming (or else)

- The dongle still shows as "card locked". Can it be really? Am I missing something basic?

Now that the dongle is not working in the default configuration, I just hope that I could get it working. Friends/experts, any pointers would be appreciated. (Please excuse if I have just made a trivial mistake. I am not even a beginner).

what is the current firmware of the datacard, after flashing ? and what was earlier..

did you try updating to generic dashboard for making it RUIM enabled ?

do you have the copy of NAM settings, if yes, will upload OG firmware for reliance, flash it and see, if datacard works with default config.. let me know..

if possible, please post screenshots of CDMA-WS or DFS.

Will this process work for the EC1260 too? Any tweaking required?

if the datacard is still active, its always better to keep the NAM backup and OG firmware & dashboard handy, just in case, if anything goes wrong, one can always flash it back to original position & make it usable again..

Will this process work for the EC1260 too? Any tweaking required?

Can't say.. let my card get back to lif then we can say :)

The firmware version before and after is same as 11.102.14.01.114.B416

Downloaded the firmware of ex1262 from DCL site. The firmware was actually showing for ec1260, but it worked fine for me too.

Yes, I have the generic latest Huawei MP now, but still it shows "SIM not detected"

Actually it looks to me that it is still in "card locked" state (don't know why & how). I cannot blank out the MIN etc from NAM though I have SPC.

I do have snapshot of NAM setting which I can write back. I don't think that firmware is corrupt. Do you think that I have to flash back to OG firware to get the default config work? Also do you have OG firware for this particular model ec1262 or is it the one for 1260 which works for this.

I think being new to this I am certainly missing an important step. I don't have licensed (or else) copy of CW or DFS or DCL. Just did the above mentioned things with demo version. Can someone guide me. Can this be done just by self without the automated unlock by SW or DCL?

Attached are screenshot of current NAM settings.

post-85-0-65745800-1386317690_thumb.jpg

post-85-0-58550900-1386317705_thumb.jpg

Just follow these instructions to the mark and its easy to unlock. Guide:- http://unlock4modem.in/unlock-ec1262-huawei-3g-cmda-evdo-modem-dongle-totally-free/. After flashing this firmware the new firmware must read 11.106.06.000.

Just follow these instructions to the mark and its easy to unlock. Guide:- http://unlock4modem.in/unlock-ec1262-huawei-3g-cmda-evdo-modem-dongle-totally-free/. After flashing this firmware the new firmware must read 11.106.06.000.

Did this, but surprisingly the dongle still remains locked after flashing with this firmware. Looks like some values of the dongle are locked and cannot be overwritten.