Suggest me my first Android - Entry level

Requirements:

• GSM Dual SIM / Dual Stand By preferred
  • Absolute and heavy 3G Browsing on one SIM
  • Good screen size for lot of reading
  • Good Batttery
  • Solid build quality
  • Need to play with Latest Android on UI Customisation and App Development
  • Good Camera (to send Design mockup/proof images)
  • Basic gaming for my 12 years old niece (like Subway Surfer, Temple Run, etc)
  • To use some productivity apps: Todoist, Trello and Evernote and Time tracking apps

Im on limited budget: Rs 7000

Shortlisted handsets are:

moto e
Micomax Unite 2
Redmi 1S
Android One
and the new entry - Huawei Honor Holly

I read almost all reviews of these handsets, but our dear members advice is the key

My Testing Experience:
I used and tested moto e and MMX Unite 2 with my friends.

Reg. my user experience Unite 2 is very average due to limited memory and build quality, so i omitted this.

Where as moto e is superb build quality, very handy and curvy design is so attractive. Browsing is also excellent. But i feel the screen size is not suitable to my browsing use.
Some more screen space is better. moto e camera is also average quality. MMX camera is much better.

Android One speck looks good but the Battery is a big let down and never got a chance to see in any hands.

Redmi 1s is excellent on its spec. Even its square design is also looks good. I just checked few minutes and its very responsive. Their circus sales scared me, but now the handset is available through the generous member(s) with in our forum. But recent Heating and App. Crashing and battery issues raises the question on reliability.

Recent entry Huawei Honor Holly is also excellent spec with 5" screen, Kitkat.

moto e is my choice but due to Screen size only i prefer between Redmi and Honor Holly. Both the phones specs are good except for Mediatek chipset of Honor Holly.
So friends, please suggest me on Redmi 1s with risk of heating and testing of MIUI or go with Huawei Honor Holly.

Sorry for my long story.

Edited by Jagan T

As you yourself mentioned cons and pros of these mobiles. If you ask me my vote is for Moto E ( the only negative factor i see is lack of front cam) if you can adjust yourself for the screen size. Second option would be Huawei Honor Holly...Just let us know..which handset you will go finally for.

I had a chance to grab moto g 1st gen of my friend. I personally did not like the in call sound quality one more problem is that u can't select only wcdma network on moto g which is a big draw back. Check for this 2 issues before buying moto e

As you yourself mentioned cons and pros of these mobiles. If you ask me my vote is for Moto E ( the only negative factor i see is lack of front cam) if you can adjust yourself for the screen size. Second option would be Huawei Honor Holly...Just let us know..which handset you will go finally for.

Raghav, moto e is class in build quality. but the camera output is very average. i cant clearly read some text in the image of a advt. design taken by moto e. Holly is my prefer and good in the memory 16 GB where as Redmi is 8 GB.

I had a chance to grab moto g 1st gen of my friend. I personally did not like the in call sound quality one more problem is that u can't select only wcdma network on moto g which is a big draw back. Check for this 2 issues before buying moto e

Saiesh, My friend using one sim in 2g and another in 3g. and there is no issues.

what about lava iris x1 ???

Sorry dude. no idea.

thanks for ur inputs.

And a big surprise today from Flipkart:

You are among the lucky Mi fans who will get an assured access to buy the Redmi 1S on 4th Nov.Your Redmi 1S phone will be automatically added to your cart at 4:00 PM, 4th Nov and will be available for checkout till 11:59 PM , 5th Nov.

Now Redmi 1S is added in my cart. So waiting for the feedback of our dear members. :-)

Have heard Redmi having some issues regarding call quality and heating issue.

I have heard from some users that due to the bloated UI, RedMI becomes slow and there is very little memory left for additional apps.

Have heard Redmi having some issues regarding call quality and heating issue.

I have heard from some users that due to the bloated UI, RedMI becomes slow and there is very little memory left for additional apps.

Yes Raghav and Commonman, thats right.

The issue of heating and battery issue is still going on. Even some users complaints after the recent update of MIUI Version as convinced by MI, but the heating issue is not resolved. some using with changing the clock speed and solved the heating.

By the way i confirmed the Redmi 1S just now through COD, and would be delivered by 10th. Lets see the handset's real quality and usage. Im taking risk but i could learn to root it and use the way to play with android. :-)

My other option Honor Holly is also went out of stock and proved its a worth contender to grab.

Thanks for ur inputs.

Congrats dude... for owning first android..

Suggest me my first Android - Entry level

Im on limited budget: Rs 7000

Where as moto e is superb build quality, very handy and curvy design is so attractive. Browsing is also excellent. But i feel the screen size is not suitable to my browsing use.

Some more screen space is better. moto e camera is also average quality. MMX camera is much better.

moto e is my choice but due to Screen size only i prefer between Redmi and Honor Holly. Both the phones specs are good except for Mediatek chipset of Honor Holly.

So friends, please suggest me on Redmi 1s with risk of heating and testing of MIUI or go with Huawei Honor Holly.

Buddy ...dont think so much ... go for Moto E

My logic is:

1. You will give to your niece so need a sturdy phone.

2. You will use for long, not change your phone, so you need good after-sales service ...Motorola has better service standards than most others.

3. Its proven .. so good resale value ..for whatever its worth.

4. Its from Motorola ..so radiation will be lower than other phones.

5. You like the design.

6. You think screen size is small and camera is average ... but you will get 'used to' both the things as you use, within 15 days. Its not an issue imho really.

oops ..just read above that you have gone ahead with RedMI ...ok .. even thats a good phone ....with good service hopefully ... I own a Mi3 myself ... good luck bro.