Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
morecrap

Solving First World Problems in using foreign handsets

So, while we wait for Reliance to upgrade us all to 4G and GSM networks, many of us will want to change to a VoLTE enabled device like a Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 or a Mi5. The good news is that these support CDMA but the bad news is that they have some small problems that are annoying at times.

So, let's just do a quick run down of the problems we face when using foreign handsets on CDMA:

1. +91xxxxxxxxxx prefixed numbers don't dial. You need to prefix with zero and change your entire address book and it's a pain in the a**!

2. Call Conference. The merge option doesn't work.

Solution:

1. For +91 prefixes: Download an app in the Play Store called Prefixer (HERE). Now create a new rule. Fill up the data in the fields as follows:

When number matches: \+91.*

Remove characters: \+91

What this does is that it just modifies the number on the fly and dials it without the _91 prefix. It does not alter your address book.

2. For call conference: This is simple, after you have made the calls to the two parties, just go to the dialer, through the contacts app - press digit 3 and dial it. This should join the call for you.

I know these are very first world problems and most people won't even think they are problems to begin with but this helped me, so I thought I'd share.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Not all imported handsets have +91 problem. You need to either disable auto prepend or if the handset has assisted dialing then it has to be manually set to India. I have changed few handsets and never had to bother changing my contacts.

Call conference has been answered long back and I guess few times already but it only works on postpaid at least on RELIANCE CDMA.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk