Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jace48

Cable For Pda's

Hello all,

Apologizes incase I am posting to a wrong forum. I am a new member in this forum joined today.

I use orange GSM service at moment and quite happy about it.

But alas the Internet access via GPRS s**ks and it is way to costly (100 MB for 500 /-)

And hence for my dedicated internet access I am planning to get a Reliance Post paid service.

Unfortunately the access methods to the phone seems to be limited via Date Cable only i.e No IrDa or Bluetooth but the cables for the PDA are not avaliable almost anywhere.

I would like to know has some member able to access the net using there PDA? if yes what method did they use?

Are there any Serial port Bluetooth or Ir Dongle avaliable that can be plugged to Lg RD2030 handset? Or does anybody has the Pin configuration for the Handset so that I can atleast try to build custom cable?

I own a Sharp Zaurus Sl-5500 PDA that run on Linux.

-----

Sameer

You cannot use any of the Reliance handsets to connect them to your PDA, since they do not have IrDa or Bluetooth. I haven't seen any dongle or Bluetooth ports for them yet. It will be great if you could custom build one, if you get the pin configs !

BTW, Reliance does have a PDA model from Kyocera, which has R-Connect, though they don't seem to promote the PDA nowadays.

You cannot use any of the Reliance handsets to connect them to your PDA, since they do not have IrDa or Bluetooth. I haven't seen any dongle or Bluetooth ports for them yet. It will be great if you could custom build one, if you get the pin configs !

Actually I was thinking instead of regular data cable some dongle should exsists that connects to LG 2030 translates RS232 to Bluetooth (like the USB Bluetooth Dongle avaliable for PC's)

BTW, Reliance does have a PDA model from Kyocera, which has R-Connect, though they don't seem to promote the PDA nowadays.

Yes but it is way to costly. Else where in US a CF CDMA cards are avaliable but you cannot use that in India (Damn CDMA communist approach)

Reliance does not markets Aircard CF cards so more or less I am stuck.

Still does anybody has a Pin configuration for LG handsets?

---------

Sameer

I have used a cable from www.gomadic.com to connect lgrd2030 to an ipaq running linux.

The gomadic cable converts the ipaq serial port to a regular rs232 serial port. You can then connect

the reliance lf2030 cable to this port.

I have used a cable from www.gomadic.com to connect lgrd2030 to an ipaq running linux.

Thanks simrel but I am still stuck no cable manufaturer seems to to support Sharp Zaurus :(

BTW How much did you get this cable for? And from where?

--------

Sameer

Thanks simrel but I am still stuck no cable manufaturer seems to to support Sharp Zaurus :help:

BTW How much did you get this cable for? And from where?

--------

Sameer

33213[/snapback]

This is the one I bought. http://www.gomadic.com/comipseradca.html

The following may work for the Zaurus. http://www.serialio.com/products/adaptors/ZThinCableUSB.htm

http://www.fivestarassoc.com/Z/

Try some of the Zaurus forums for more information.

Zthincable cannot fit directly to any phones so it would be 2 messy cable.

As for fivestarassoc since there is no option left I ordered a connector for me so that i can build my own cable.

Thanks

------------

Sameer

But Sameer, did you get the PIN configuration for building the custom one ? Please do let us know if you are able make any progress with it.

But Sameer, did you get the PIN configuration for building the custom one ? Please do let us know if you are able make any progress with it.

33423[/snapback]

Unfortunately no. No pin configuration yet. The search is still on.

Before I came across this forum I search widly on net and found a link else where (GSM Hosting forum) but lost the link again.

----------

Sameer

Cableguy_mum@yahoo.com can help.

Not sure about mail id.

Cableguy_mum@yahoo.com can help.

Is he the member of this forum? If Yes what is his ID?

--------

Sameer