Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sadikk

Nokia 6255 - Speculation Before Launch

Well guys am importing this nokia 6255 phone from australia. now frined of mine is working there he will give me details and availblity of this particular phone. those who interested in this phone can contact me. please give me idea price. even am confuse how much to quote for this model.

i asked from people in reliance and found out that phones imported from abroad of course CDMA will not be able to work here in india as of now

here is a portion of reply from chairmans office

Also,  regarding use Non-Reliance handsets in GSK scheme, the GSK will only

work with Non Provisioned-Open  market  Reliance  ready  handsets  or

Non-provisioned Reliance handsets.

Further,  regarding operating GSK with abroad handsets, currently we do not

have  this  facility.  The same shall be communicated through Customer Care

medium when it is facilitated.

so please make sure that such a thing is oissibke before embarking on such an expensive evnture.

Dont import unless you are sure that you can change ESN (illegal) as reliance activates phones ESN of which are registered in system

has this phone been launched in any part of the world? I can't seem to find a single review of this phone anywhere on the net. All the reviews i have come across are actually just specs of the phone.

We can use any cdma handset (Non Provisioned Open market). so my imported 6255 will be the same. as we all know *228 is global code to activate cdma handset on service provider. same way if i want to activate this imported 6255 with TATA i have to dial *22802. well am dead sure it will work and its availble in dubai and australia. just delaying it lil bit as i believe ill get some special disount or offer in dubai shopping festival. well am gonna try it, lets see.

even i was thinking of getting it from US and that is why i specifically asked reliance people twice or thrice and got the same reply from CC and Chairmans office .

So make sure before u buy it.

in US most handsets are pre provisoned with select telecom carriers... and probably thats why RIM CC says they may not work..

If you can get unprovisioned handsets then i see no reason why they should not work with Reliance

munnamobile, is there any web link showing where the handset is available abroad as i cant find any.

u can order me 1 for u vb86 :clap:;)

Ill let everybody know about the rate as soon as ill get the details.

Well i have this info from relyble source tht this handset gonna launch in india itself in febuary.

it's to be launched in new zealand in feb also.. so it must be a global launch since no country has launched it yet!

well february is too close, guess we can all wait and buy the phone then! i just bought 7230 wondering that it will take long before this phone is availalbel, now i will have to start saving money all over again! guess this phone deserves it.

my frnd has some contact in nokia.. so i asked him to find out abt the 6255.. they told him tht they were unsure abt launching it coz acc to them they were unsure of the CDMA market wanting to buy a phone of "That Level"

tell them about his forum and this thread

at least they will have some inspiration

i am ready to purchase it if it costs upto Rs 15,000 provided it supports Rworld.

but due lesson learnt by using gtran i will wait 4 ur valuable comments of actual experience.

Well guys wait for this 6255 is over as this nokia site shows this handset in thier new released menu. http://www.nokia-asia.com/nokia/0,,27106,00.html check it out. this nokia page is for asia- pacific, well i believe its on the way some where..

AAAhhhh!!! i have never been soo despo for any phone in GSM days.

i saw tht a few days back. I think its for indonesia. If we really want to have a look at all the features of the phone you can download the phone manual in PDF format from the url:

http://www.nokiausa.com/support/phones/gui...8,6255i,00.html

or,

http://www.nokia-asia.com/nokia/0,,69972,00.html

both manuals are slightly different and the usa manual also contains the spanish version. so the asian version is half the size. english content is more or less the same in both.

Edited by vb86

i used the 6255 today(actuall yesterday).. its a little early in the day.. will post the story on how i managed to get my hands on it, in the evening!

Edited by vb86

where at the mobile expo?

when did they say it is going to be launched?

ok... Ya it was at the mobile expo...

I went to the nokia stall with little hopes about the 6255. It was nowhere on display. I spoke to a Nokia guy he wasn't sure about the phone. I described it a little to him. He took me somewhere where the phone was locked in a cupboard inside a box with some other phones. He tried to put it on.. didn't come on... Thn.. he charged it 4 a few minutes and gave it to me. The first thing i noticed was the "tata indicom" banner on the main screen.. Thn i dialled *228, *22801,*22802.. all connected to tata...

The size of the phone was smaller than the 6260 or whichever the new gsm phone is. Screen clarity was good... I put on the camera.. wasn't bad.. As you all know the outside screen was also a colour screen though nothing great..

About the launch, he had no clue.. After pestering him a little .. he said maybe by the end of march(though he wasnt sure himself)..

I took a pic of the phone with a frnds 3660.. will post it as soon as he sends it to me(as soon as he gets his bluetooth dongle bk).. the pics nthn great..

However.. after seeing the amazing EVDO phones in other stalls like samsung with 5MP and 3MP cameras.. the 6255 felt like just any other nokia..

Unfortunetly the battery of the 6255 went dead.. so couldnt experiment anymore..