Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
nspendse

Unable To Install R Connect (usb Cable Xp Sp2)

Problem Description -

When i run the installation for Rconnect everything works fine and the USB cable software is detected and drivers installed (Prolific 2303). But then the problem starts the Modem does not Install.

If i try to manually install a Modem the com3 port is not in the selection list i can only install on com1 port. The USB drivers are on com3 port.

What do i need to do to see the right port (com3) when installing the modem?

Configuration -

Win XP SP-2 Dell D600 Latitude Laptop. Default modem built in is Conextant. i have disabled the same from device manager.

Thanks in Advance

Open Device Manager and expand the Ports option. Open the COM port (3, in your case) properties. Click Port Settings tab > Then Advanced. Now you will find a drop down box with lots of port numbers. Choose COM 1 and click all OKies. Thats it !

P.S: Searching the forum before posting something like this will help us a lot, as similar issues have been already posted before.

This means that your cable driver was not installed properly. Check here: Control Panel -> System -> Hardware (tab) -> Device Manager -> Ports (COM and LPT).

Your new port (COM4) will be listed here if it has been installed properly. If it is missing, try to reinstall the cable driver and check again.

If this fails again you may have problem with either your USB port or the cable or the device driver for the cable. If you have another USB port in your computer try that.

If you do not have another USB port, then try to install the cable in some other computer (your friend's for example) with Windows XP.

If it fails there too then try changing the device driver. You can find drivers for PL2303 on the web. (I will try to attach them here soon.)

If everything fails then you will have to return the cable to your vendor and ask for a replacement.

I have only SP1 installed in my machine. So I am not sure if SP2 is what is causing the problem in your machine. I am sure others can help to clarify this.

Open Device Manager and expand the Ports option. Open the COM port (3, in your case) properties. Click Port Settings tab > Then Advanced. Now you will find a drop down box with lots of port numbers. Choose COM 1 and click all OKies. Thats it !

P.S: Searching the forum before posting something like this will help us a lot, as similar issues have been already posted before.

38148[/snapback]

Hi Arun,

Won't this cause a conflict ? I guess his internal model would have already been configured at COM1. If he renames his new (USB cable) port as COM1 then he will not he able to use the internal modem. Please explain.

mani

Yes, it depends on whether COM1 port is open/free or being used by some other device. But he has mentioned that he has already disabled/uninstalled his internal modem. And the inbuilt modem will most probably won't be a USB modem !

Anyway, I don't think its something to do with the drivers as nspendse has already mentioned that the USB drivers were installed without any problem. His problem is with the port number mismatch and thats what he asked for.

Yes, it depends on whether COM1 port is open/free or being used by some other device. But he has mentioned that he has already disabled/uninstalled his internal modem. And the inbuilt modem will most probably won't be a USB modem !

I missed what he said about his internal modem. Then your solution should work without any problem.

Problem Description -

When i run the installation for Rconnect everything works fine and the USB cable software is detected and drivers installed (Prolific 2303). But then the problem starts the Modem does not Install.

If i try to manually install a Modem the com3 port is not in the selection list i can only install on com1 port. The USB drivers are on com3 port.

What do i need to do to see the right port (com3) when installing the modem?

Configuration -

Win XP SP-2 Dell D600 Latitude Laptop. Default modem built in is Conextant. i have disabled the same from device manager.

Thanks in Advance

38145[/snapback]

Look in MY Computer -> View System Information ->Hardware->Device Manager->Ports(COM&LPT)

If you can see the COM Port. Then your COM Port is fine.

Now when you install RConnect, from the drop down list, you can select COM3.

Anyway, I don't think its something to do with the drivers as nspendse has already mentioned that the USB drivers were installed without any problem. His problem is with the port number mismatch and thats what he asked for.

38151[/snapback]

For you kind information. If COM1 is already in use by some other hardware, it chooses the next available COM* for the new modem.

38151[/snapback]

For you kind information. If COM1 is already in use by some other hardware, it chooses the next available COM* for the new modem.

38156[/snapback]

Hi ,

I do have similar pbm which I posted with R-connect laptop issue.

I have DELL 5160 and using USB cable to connect 5130. It works on PC (XP ) fine. but no installation issue while on lappy which has XP SP2. but when try to connect it just says trying and hangs there forever.

Viki

hi guys

i had this problem. am using win98 and my phone is RD2030.

the problem is my com port is not working. unfortunately there is only on port. so i purchase a serial-to-usb converter cable. the problem is it is installed correctly. but when i dialed it returns modem is not there..

what to do ?

jini