Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
amitmk

5340 Story

Just went to the Bandra WW to upgrade my cell to the 5340. Yest on *333 they quoted 3500 for a new phone but surprisingly today they quoted 4500 .. a 1000/- hike because of high demand for the phone. CHEAP BAS*****!!!

The story doesn't end there. They had only pre programmed phones for new customers. Nothing for old customers who might just want to upgrade their handset or whose handset was spoilt and who urgently needed to change their phone. The lady tells me to go to an agent or the Santacruz WW to check if they had it. I asked her to call the Santacruz WW but she said that they didn't have their nos. CHEAP BAS***** again.

I finally thanked her for the great service and came back without a phone. Am planning to buy a GSM prepaid with lifetime validity and forward all my calls on RIM to it. Will use it like that for 2.5 months after which my DAPO scheme expires. Then the RIM will go in the bin i guess.

Had heard a lot about the poor customer service.. got to experience it first hand today. It sux!!

Just enquired about the 180/- SMS top up card. It is only for prepaid users. NOTHING GOOD FOR POSTPAID.

Just went to the Bandra WW to upgrade my cell to the 5340. Yest on *333 they quoted 3500 for a new phone but surprisingly today they quoted 4500 .. a 1000/- hike because of high demand for the phone. CHEAP BAS*****!!!

I also enquired at a WW and got the correct/ complete picture regarding price of 5430.

The ones available now are pre programmed with free talktime of Rs.2006 (for calls to any network, not just rim-rim) and come at a price of Rs.4299/- so effective price is only Rs.2293.

So, amitnk, you could actually try to bargain with any retailer for giving it to you at a discount and without any free talktime. I don't know whether this is feasible but you could atleast give it a try!

Edited by amtrag

I also enquired at a WW and got the correct/ complete picture regarding price of 5430.

The ones available now are pre programmed with free talktime of Rs.2006 (for calls to any network, not just rim-rim) and come at a price of Rs.4299/- so effective price is only Rs.2293.

So, amitnk, you could actually try to bargain with any retailer for giving it to you at a discount and without any free talktime. I don't know whether this is feasible but you could atleast give it a try!

NO it is not feasible to remove this scheme from the hand set as it is preprogrammed to a particular set. But even handsets without numbers are available at a price tag of 3700-3800 at WW. The only problem is that we should check at right source.

They had only pre programmed phones for new customers. Nothing for old customers who might just want to upgrade their handset or whose handset was spoilt and who urgently needed to change their phone.

i think you can shift your existing no to pre programmed 5340 and in that case u wont be getting free talktime of 2006 n 2006 sms

All my dear friends

Reliance Web World Express are just like the agents. The rates of the new handsets will vary from WWExpress to those of Webworld.

By that I mean that Webworld express people charge approximately 300/- more bugs extra on new handsets.

I wanted to buy new prepaid connection of Reliance and went to 3 different Web World Express. They told me the rates for LG RD5340 is Rs. 4650/-.

Then I went to the Web World and I got the same for Rs. 4299/-. See the price difference of Rs.350/-.

Web world express is charging more from people.

When they say that they are the authorised retailers of Reliance, then how can they ask for higher amount on handsets ?

Now I had decided that i should not go to WWE for purchasing any new product of Reliance, instead I would prefer going to WW.

Enjoy!

Regards.

Hi amitmk........

If i was in ur place I would have straight away called up to CC...

And would complain about that particular WW with the agents name ....

And as soon as I reach to home.. One mail to Chairman's Help desk ......

Hi amitmk........

If i was in ur place I would have straight away called up to CC...

And would complain about that particular WW with the agents name ....

And as soon as I reach to home.. One mail to Chairman's Help desk ......

Theres nothing to complain here.. Reliance changes the price of handsets depending on its offers.. In case of LG5340, earlier, its price was Rs.3500 without any offers.. But now with that 2000+Rs talktime, its price has come up to 4300Rs.. Its normal practise by reliance..

Theres nothing to complain here.. Reliance changes the price of handsets depending on its offers.. In case of LG5340, earlier, its price was Rs.3500 without any offers.. But now with that 2000+Rs talktime, its price has come up to 4300Rs.. Its normal practise by reliance..

I totally agree with u the prices of handsets keep up and down.. thats normal...

but what in his case he just wanted to blank handset and not the provisioned with offer ??? Reliance should think of this, I think LG 2340 is available with both of the options... i.e with offer and without..

Hey Mohsin,

I did email the Chairman and recvd a response by email the same day. They also happened to call at my place on Saturday but i wasn't home.

Today they called again and asked me which lady spoke such nonsense and stuff. They also gave me the tel. no of some ladt at the WW whom i should contact in order to upgrade my handset. She told me it could cost 4299 but she didn't speak of any free minutes or whatever.

I will call the lady i am supp 2 meet and ask her the complete details.

Btw the ladt who called me from CC took full details of what happened there and asked for a description of the lady at the counter. I couldn't remember clearly but when i go to meet the main lady at WW i shall point out which dame spoke that crap.

Hey Mohsin,

I did email the Chairman and recvd a response by email the same day. They also happened to call at my place on Saturday but i wasn't home.

Today they called again and asked me which lady spoke such nonsense and stuff. They also gave me the tel. no of some ladt at the WW whom i should contact in order to upgrade my handset. She told me it could cost 4299 but she didn't speak of any free minutes or whatever.

I will call the lady i am supp 2 meet and ask her the complete details.

Btw the ladt who called me from CC took full details of what happened there and asked for a description of the lady at the counter. I couldn't remember clearly but when i go to meet the main lady at WW i shall point out which dame spoke that crap.

hmmm.. tht seems better... i think reliance is beefing up its customer service operations before goin public ltd. (IPO).. good... beter for us..

cheers!!

The point is they cannot charge more than the "MRP", but anyone is allowed to give discounts...

If they are overcharging, we should definitely complain.

The point is they cannot charge more than the "MRP", but anyone is allowed to give discounts...

If they are overcharging, we should definitely complain.

Even Reliance dont know for how much they would be selling the handset for..

thats why they always keep the MRP high.. For example if some one had LG RD 2030 box.. check out price would be 10500 Rs.. lol

Today in 8000 u can get a phone which has camera with bluetooth and all functions... LOL

I completely agree with you Kalyan_prince. They always keep printed price much higher...

But LG 2030 costing Rs.10500 is different issue, even a nokia 3310 gsm used to actually cost Rs.6500 in those times.

Has anybody tried uploading ringtones on 5340 using serial cable and bitpim

if anybody has success doing this please tell. I think many people want to know

PLEASE HELP :'(

As I am using this ****ing phone since 1 month and not yet able to get any ringtones on it

PLEASE HELP :help:

As I am using this ****ing phone since 1 month and not yet able to get any ringtones on it

Why dont u donwload by 8888 ( Indiatimes ) or 8243 ( yahoo ) services..

PLEASE HELP :)

Why dont u donwload by 8888 ( Indiatimes ) or 8243 ( yahoo ) services..

I have tried to download from 8888 and 8243 but none of them worked

WHAT THE HELL :angry:

Check it out if that handset supports..

If yes then check it out the format to request a ringtone..

Now I don't care about 8888 or 8243 to download a ringtone or wallpaper. I have my bitpim working and now I can get these for free