Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Ramchi

Nokia 6255 Is Not Durable

I purchased Nokia 6255 on August'15,2005. I have been using this phone with utmost care.

I always keep my phones within the leather pouch. I never abuse the phone.

After few months of usage its middle area joining two sides of the clam is developing crack. I have not dropped the phone nor hit with some hard materials for sure. If so, there will be a physical damage.

There is a series of two hair-line cracks developing which could not withstand even normal usage. If this crack develops further my phone will be hanging on one side.

My question is whether Nokia will replace this phone with new one? I have paid Rs 12600 for this phone and if this can not withstand 6 months of normal use then what is the point?

i dont think nokia will replace this . but u should def give it a try at nokia care asap.

i dont think nokia will replace this . but u should def give it a try at nokia care asap.

Thanks. I have done the same and also reported it to Nokia Customer Care as well. I do not need replacement but I definitely can not keep that breaking/cracking hinge. Once the hinge completely cracks this phone will stop folding and will be hanging like a banana. This crack is developing on both sides of the hinge. They are categorizing it as physical damage though in reality the phone is simply not withstanding the friction while rotating the panels.

If u had a software bug u could have got it replaced, so try n get a software bug.

If u had a software bug u could have got it replaced, so try n get a software bug.

My old Nokia 6600 was having the software problem of freezing. I almost did a street fight with Nokia Customer Care peole before getting a replacement after 2 months! They simply kept my phone for 2 months without doing anything.

I am really frustrated with Nokia phones.

My SE Z600 even after abusive uses for the past two years still not cracking; not even a software bug. I think Nokia is nothing but Microsoft for software. Coming out with buggy products (I also have N90 with me which is having constent software problems) , make customers to pay and trying the beta with customers .

Edited by Ramchi

My old Nokia 6600 was having the software problem of freezing. I almost did a street fight with Nokia Customer Care peole before getting a replacement after 2 months! They simply kept my phone for 2 months without doing anything.

I am really frustrated with Nokia phones.

My SE Z600 even after abusive uses for the past two years still not cracking; not even a software bug. I think Nokia is nothing but Microsoft for software. Coming out with buggy products (I also have N90 with me which is having constent software problems) , make customers to pay and trying the beta with customers .

my sister got a replacement(3125) for having a software bug and it also had a damage on screen but it took 1 month

from where can one get software bug :'(

I tell you how.... Place an image (jpg) and mobile video file (3gp) in the same directory now open and run the 3gp file and in the mid press the down key and you phone will restart for sure. This is the bug in the phone and you can use it as a fault in phone and get it replaced.

or else you can use MobiMb and download some application this will again hang the phone 4 sure another bugging the phone solution.

Dear Manish,

Thanks for your tips!

Let me try that. But my handset is still with the Nokia Service center.

Tried the jpg 3gp trick around 4-5 times. Didnt work on my phone. Maybe it depends on the type of 3gp file or something???

Finally Nokia gave me a replacement.

Unfortunately, Nokia allowed the situation to go out of hands and finally doing the inevitable. Customers like me who is investing more than 10-20K on hand sets expect good quality and durability that shall last atleast few years if not many years. Otherwise, the investment on handsets will not make any sense. Instead of coming up with many new releases (without major improvements except for different panels or styles) they must get their basic correct.

If the credibility is lost, no amount of hardwork will be recognized. Fortunately for Nokia it has established its brand but it is not interested in keeping its good image.

i too getting same problem really

my phone is cracking from the place first it get hair line crack then full cracked fully

Edited by Chirag

Go to another local Nokia Service center and do not tell them anything about physical damange and tell them you only have software problem. May be this would help you. But for me I got a replacement and I am trying to sell it!

I own 6255 since last 2 months and its working fine. I have laminated it so its still scratch less. It also doesn't have any software bugs etc., but yep I don't use it for anything other then calls, Bluetooth, sync calendar,to-do,contacts with pc.

yep, but it isn't worth 13k price ! should be around 8k !

well frnds i too got problem here my 6255 is first got that crack n then it also got switched off in some week soo now nokia care is telling tooo me thta ur phone is damaged

soo ur phone is out of warrenty soo people plz dnt try too get that bug over this phone becoz nobody can h :grin: elp u :(

tell me if anybody any care center which had a nokia software of 6255 soo that i can make my software reset

well frnds i really in very great problem n in tension becoz this my phone number is been used in my bussiness

EDIT: VISHAL GUPTA : <POST EDITED!>

Nis-hith! all ur posts in different threads are merged into this one! And see how it looks!!

Duplicate posts would be deleted anytime after 12 hours of posting this, by a mod.

Edited by Chirag

Try approaching your loca Reliance Town office customer care. Or else always you can purchase a new handset and retain your number. But your old handset will become unusable.