Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Honest

Reliance Cheated LG RD5340 Customers

All my dear friends,

It seems that Reliance and LG cheated their clients with misleading information on LG RD 5340 handset in the printed catalogue of this handset.

As per the catalogue of LG RD5340 which i got from Web World, it is clearly mentioned that this handset support Ringtones, Games, Songs download through R-world. After going through the catalogue thoroughly, I decided to purchase this handset.

But I AM SHOCKED on purchasing the handset. It does not support Ringtones, Games and Song downloads through R-world. You only can download Ringtones through SMS. And can't download Games and Songs.

I wanted to ask Reliance and LG both that when this handset doesn't support the above features than why did they mentioned these features in the Catalogue of this particular handset i.e. LG RD5340, in which it is clearly written that this handset supports Ringtones, Games and Songs downloads through R-world.

This handset doesn't support R-world fully. On asking the Customer Care about the Catalogue of this handset they only say as usual : Behadd maafi chahengey sir (We are very sorry).

By giving misleading information & using these types of tactics Reliance / LG are making fool of their customers.

All my dear friends be careful in the near future, just not to buy any product from Reliance / LG without having a proper demo.

Reliance / LG must upgrade the handset for the current users who had just purchased it for better R-world use free of charge.

Regards.

I suggest you to go to consumer forum for misleading.

All my dear friends,

It seems that Reliance and LG cheated their clients with misleading information on LG RD 5340 handset in the printed catalogue of this handset.

As per the catalogue of LG RD5340 which i got from Web World, it is clearly mentioned that this handset support Ringtones, Games, Songs download through R-world. After going through the catalogue thoroughly, I decided to purchase this handset.

But I AM SHOCKED on purchasing the handset. It does not support Ringtones, Games and Song downloads through R-world. You only can download Ringtones through SMS. And can't download Games and Songs.

I wanted to ask Reliance and LG both that when this handset doesn't support the above features than why did they mentioned these features in the Catalogue of this particular handset i.e. LG RD5340, in which it is clearly written that this handset supports Ringtones, Games and Songs downloads through R-world.

This handset doesn't support R-world fully. On asking the Customer Care about the Catalogue of this handset they only say as usual : Behadd maafi chahengey sir (We are very sorry).

By giving misleading information & using these types of tactics Reliance / LG are making fool of their customers.

All my dear friends be careful in the near future, just not to buy any product from Reliance / LG without having a proper demo.

Reliance / LG must upgrade the handset for the current users who had just purchased it for better R-world use free of charge.

Regards.

Same thing with Lg 6000, it wont support hands free, First couple of months they kept us telling that this issue will be taken care in software update but then (WW) started directing us to Lg service center only to know that, u should keep your handset in auto receive mode ;)

Thank Gold I had purchased this phone in the scheem Happy 2006, under which I got Rs. 2006/- talk time & Sms free.

Now I decided to use this talk time within 2 months and then sell this phone for 2000 bugs.

This is the best alternative, I think.

Regards.

I'm having problems with Ringtones on my RD 5340. 1st of all Rworld on this handset does not have half of R world's features - Ringtones Wallpapers etc. When i went to the lg service centre and asked them why my handset does not have proper rworld-he said that RWorld has not been properly configured for 5340 and sum other handset. So it will take time by the time it comes fully. I cant even upload ringtones i have on my pc using bitpim bcoz the 'medl' does not show up in the filesystem............Plz help me ...

<TOPIC MERGED!>

Edited by Vishal Gupta

@anishrao

Well my dear friend that's the problem I too suffered after purchasing the handset. It was clearly mentioned on the broucher of the handset (LG RD 5340) that this handset supports downloads of songs, ringtones, games through Rworld. But now I fee getting cheated from Reliance as well as LG.

We are already going through the discussion of this handset at this link Reliance / LG cheated Customers

Regards.

@amitbt22

My dear friend when we had paid the full amount of the handset and the services, than why to use just wallpaper download feature.

We wish to use all the features which they had told to us before purchasing this handset.

As I already said that the broucher of LG RD 5340 clearly says that this handset supports downloadable Games, Ringtones and Songs from the Rworld.

Doesn't it seems like being cheated.

Regards.

I fail to understand why Reliance has failed to develop apps for the BREW platform.

Extremely disappointed with my LG RD5340. :clap:

I also have a LG AD5235 handset from Tata Indicom and lemme tell you Tata has excellently used BREW

for the Tata Zone Services.You can download music videos,voice ringtones,wallpapers and loads of stuff.

5340 is a total waste..

Dunno why Reliance guys are not utilising the full potential of BREW.

Hi Guys... gud news :( ... R-World section of LG RD 5340 has ringtones section now.... which has latest bollywood ringtones. But :) the sad news is that when you try to sonload the ringtones on the handset... it says that the "Handset registry is full" and asks you to delete some ringtiones... then when you click on delete some extsting ringtones option... it says that "you do not have any ringtones in your handset"... and you are reditected to the main r-world BOLLYTONES page. Option toh aagay... par kya faida???? :grin:

And you know thwe biggest joke??? have you ever read the handset booolkte that you get in the handset box??? Its clearly mention in it that you can download 100... yes 100 ringtones in the handset and you can dowmload 50 wallpapers....god knows how?

Let's hope ringtone download starts working very soon....it seems they are testing the ringtone apps on 5340.

Regarding saving 100 ringtones, yes it is possible because brew based handsets (atleast I can confirm for Lg6000 and LSP-350) have shared memory for downloaded apps like RTs and wallpapers, so if you save very small sized ringtones files, you could keep on adding more & more ringtones until the memory is full. I myself have saved more than 20 ringtones from R-world in my LSP 350 (FWP).

Similar is the case with 6230 also. Both reliance and LG have cheated customers by stating in their brochures about the memory. Initially, it was mentioned as 256 MB Ram, which was coolly reduced to 128MB Ram.

However, I sincerely doubt if it is more than even 1.28MB at all.

The BREW RWorld is lousy and does not support many applications. To view or use any application, you have to download the program and to make matters worse, the memory is always short and you have to keep removing some applications to make space for newer applications. And when you want back the older application, you have to once again download the program. It is sheer waste of valuable time.

I wonder if there is any option to completely remove RWorld from these 5340 and 6230 handsets totally. If anyone of you techies can help, please let me know.

And yes, can any applications/programs be used in this 6230 phone? I mean so many utilities are available for Nokia and similarly for LG, is anything available at all? I have a miniSD Card also inserted in this phone, which I presume is useful only for mp3, camera photos and videos and nothing else, if I am not wrong.

Neither LG nor Reliance provides a live demo for their medium/high-end mobiles and a customer has to buy the damn cell first and then experience the defects/shortcomings in the cell leisurely.

I wish to take them to consumer courts for misleading customers. Anyone else who has already taken the initiative,please let me know and I will definitely join.

Thanks.

Hi Guys... gud news :rolleyes: ... R-World section of LG RD 5340 has ringtones section now.... which has latest bollywood ringtones. But :grin: the sad news is that when you try to sonload the ringtones on the handset... it says that the "Handset registry is full" and asks you to delete some ringtiones... then when you click on delete some extsting ringtones option... it says that "you do not have any ringtones in your handset"... and you are reditected to the main r-world BOLLYTONES page. Option toh aagay... par kya faida???? :lol:

And you know thwe biggest joke??? have you ever read the handset booolkte that you get in the handset box??? Its clearly mention in it that you can download 100... yes 100 ringtones in the handset and you can dowmload 50 wallpapers....god knows how?

Can you please tell me where is this ringtones option in the goddamned BREW Rworld of 5340 and 6230? Or is it only for you Mumbai customers?

Edited by khs123

@khs123

I think one has to upgrade the present software of LG RD 5340 for this Ringtone download option.

@khs123

I think one has to upgrade the present software of LG RD 5340 for this Ringtone download option.

dont get the software version upgraded... its of no use.... they have only 1 version of the sofware available.

U can upload wallpapers in Brew folder of d mobile filesystem :angry: size 128x128

Can you please guide me as t how can we upload wallpaers in the LG RD 5340 handset? I ve purahcsed the datacable. However, m unable to get any brew folder or any upload option. :help:

Today I visited LG service centre and asked for the S/W upgradation for my LG RD 5340. They told me that there is no software upgradation available for this handset right now.

When I asked them that this handset does not support full R-World feature. They told me that R-World service is provided by Reliance itself and this feature is upgraded by Reliance time to time. Whenever there is an upgrade available for this handset, you will be intimated by Sms.

Now I ask the Reliance people that when they had not tested this damned handset for full R-World features till date, then why are they marketing / selling the handset ? I think its only to fool innocent people.

All my dear friends

Listen to the new problem I had faced with this little LG RD 5340 handset now.

The problem is that its battery gets empty only after making 45 to 50 minutes of calls. Whereas it is clearly mentioned in the broucher of this handset that the talk time of this handset is about nearly 2 to 2.2 hours.

Now I will again go to the service centre to resolve this problem.

I think after purchasing this handset I will have to visit the service centre atleast every month for the new problems which might arise afterwards.

Regards.

I suggest people interested in R World & considering buying new reliance handset should definitely give a look at the following spread sheet available at reliance website.

http://rworld.relianceinfo.com/RWorld/pdf/handset_matrix.xls

Hope it helps

Shubhro

Edited by Shubhro

Can i please know how to upload wallpapers onto the LG RD 5340 handset??? I have just purchased the datacable and it has no option for uploading the wallpapers.

@coolron

My dear friend u can't upload wallpapers of your choice through Rworld right now in this handset as there is no different application available to download Wallpapers. The only way to upload wallpaper is through the R Greeting application in Rworld. In which u can download only the preloaded Greetings. U will be charged Rs. 3/- for the available Wallpapers to download and Rs. 3/- to send the greeting to other mobile.

But listen to the worst right now.

Although there is a Menu in R-Greetings to send the greeting to other mobile users, but the hell is this that when u try to send any greeting to other mobile u will get the error message and u can't send it.

I don't no why Reliance had marketed such a handset without proper R-World functions.

I think its only to fool and cheat the innocent customers.

Regards.

@coolron

Oh my dear friend, listen to this now.

I had just tried to save the wallpaper through Rgreeting application, under which it is clearly mentioned that u can set the greeting as Wallpaper. On selecting the above mentioned option (i.e. Set as Wall Paper), I again received the Error Message.

Error Message :

Unable to process request. You will not be billed for this event. Please try again.

Now it means that we even can't download the wallpapers through Rgreeting application.

On asking the service centre about this feature, they clearly says that Rworld is a Reliance feature. We can't help u in this matter.

Regards.

Day before yesterday LG Service Centre people changed the battery of my LG RD 5340. They had given me the new battery after taking my handset for one day observation.

But I am still not satisfied with the performance of the new battery.

Now can the current users of this handset (i.e. LG RD 5340) tell me that exactly how much talk time and stand by time u guys are getting through your handsets ?

Please reply.

Regards.

Yea theres some problem with the talk time/standby time of this phone.

My mom s been using it and her usage is extremely low-jus 3-4 short calls in a day and no messaging.

But still she has to charge her phone almost everyday.Not just that she told me that the phone shows only 1 blank bar of the battery indicator one moment and the other moment when she tries to use the phone all bars go blank and the phone turns off.

Crappy phone

@kewl_anupam

Exactly this was the problem with my handset. I suggest you must go to service centre of LG and ask them to replace the battery.

Can i please know how to upload wallpapers onto the LG RD 5340 handset??? I have just purchased the datacable and it has no option for uploading the wallpapers.

you can get wallpapers only from rworld/r-greetings @ 3/= per wallpaper.

I have tried it on my 5340. works fine for me atleast. god knows how somepeople are saying that this is giving error to them

chow

:'(

Good News Fellows,

You can now download ringtones on 5340, as r-world has the ringtone menu now.

I discovered it on 18th. march and downloaded a couple of ringtones @10/= per ringtone, I also want to mention that previously I have downloaded wallpapers from r-greetings @ 3/=,

So now I have downloaded both wallpaper and ringtonem, so now I am quite satisfied with the handset, earlier which I was not.