Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bharath

Ring Tones For Lg Rd 5340

5340.rarHi everyone

i got lot of info from this site regarding wallpapers,ringtones.

i thought of giving some info regarding lg5340 ringtones.

i found a way to upload ringtones to 5340.

ringtone format in 5340 is * .mid(midi sequence)

but u cant upload normal midis which r available on this site.

u need slight modifications as follows:

u need to download psm player,bitpim as initial requirements.

u download any mid file from this site.

then play it in psm.press the record button(red in colour).dont forget to select ringtone mode and byte size(normally 4096) in the popup after pressing red button.after pressing ok save the file in the following format.....ringtone name followed by any three digit number(ex:jamesbond123).

hope u people can do the rest to upload it thru bitpim to ur mobile.please feel free to post comments/suggestions/queries.

am attaching some files compatible with 5340.i did them following the above process.

@bharath

you are very right in the procedure given above for uploading ringtones in 5340. I have tried this before and it is the same procedure to make it work.

But here one thing I would like to mention that the size of the file should not neccesserly be 4096. it can be greater also. I have tried and uploaded ringtone which is 9399 bytes and plays fully and correctly (playtime 0:55)

regards

Vishal

well how can we upload ringtones to 6130 and schn191

sorry buddy I don't think anybody here knows how to upload a ringtone in sch191 but as far 6130 is concerned PC Sync or bitpim may help

Vishal

sorry buddy I don't think anybody here knows how to upload a ringtone in sch191 but as far 6130 is concerned PC Sync or bitpim may help

Vishal

Ringtone directory is hidden in 6130 when accessed thru bitpim. So nobody has yet been able to upload ringtones in 6130. Only known method till date is thru the mms portal.

5340.rarHi everyone

:help::unsure: Dear bharath,

if U pls give as a software that U had used to add ringtones to Ur LG RD 5340

Bharat / Vishal

I have followed all the steps mentioned. Though when I record in PSM and then put the file in the ringtones folder, although the phone is showing it as one of the ringtone options. Its not playing it. On the other hand I used your sample files and they played just find. Any idea what went wrong. Is there a forum, where someone uploads the 5340 compatible midis.

Thanks,

Harshal

hi Harshal,

please check out the naming format.tHE MIDI FILE MUST BE SAVED WITH A NUMERIC VALUE ATTACHED TO IT AT THE END OF FILE NAME.

bharath

This is an awesome forum. Thank you so much everybody!

I have attached some more ring tones for 5340 here.

Here is the exact method of creating tones for 5340:

- Take any midi file and rename it so that it ends with 150 or a greater number. Note that it must be greater than 150. Like a ring tone: halla.mid must be renamed as: halla150.mid or halla174.mid. If you call it halla129.mid, that won't work. Make sure, they are exactly three numbers between 150 and 199.

- No two ring tones on your phone must have the same last three digits. Like halla157.mid and gulla157.mid can't be played together. So rename gulla157.mid to gulla158.mid or anything else.

- Take midis from here: mididb.com

- Take psm player from here: http://www.programy.netbus.pl/psm-player-soft/

- Shorten your midis (using psm player), although I have tried midis upto 15 KB, I am not sure what the upper limit is. Record your midis using the RED button. Choose "Ring Tone Mode" and set "File Size Limit" anything upto 15360 bytes (experiment with higher limits - but tell us too if you're successful).

- Cut any silent zones using the "Scissor" button. Give the range reading it from the player when it is playing and select: "Delete the data in selected range".

- Store your files on the phone using BitPim.

- Don't forget to add them here too! :)

Note: To upload the tones to your phone using BitPim, do this:

- Connect your phone.

- Open up BitPim and go to Edit > Settings. Choose "Other CDMA Phone" and select the Com port where your phone is connected (use Browse to do that).

- Now go to menu View > View Filesystem and click on the '/' which comes out in the new window pane. Expand the tree (click on the + next to /, which will result in this: "Retrieving..."

- Go to brew > share > ringers . Now drag your tones to this pane and drop them.

- When you are done, right click somewhere on the pane where you see your tones and select "Reboot Phone".

- When your phone gets restarted, test if the tones are working there.

Enjoy!

TonesFor5340.zip

Hi,

But which model in BitPim list u selected, I tried alomost all but without sucess.

Pritesh

5340.rarHi everyone

u download any mid file from this site.

then play it in psm.press the record button(red in colour).dont forget to select ringtone mode and byte size(normally 4096) in the popup after pressing red button.after pressing ok save the file in the following format.....ringtone name followed by any three digit number(ex:jamesbond123).

hope u people can do the rest to upload it thru bitpim to ur mobile.please feel free to post comments/suggestions/queries.

am attaching some files compatible with 5340.i did them following the above process.