Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
sohum.pravin

Downloading For Lgrd 6330

hi there,

pcsynch software for 6330 is available, no pclink.

pcsynch has very limited functionalities and cant be used for transferring ringtones. ringtone extensions are also not known.

let's share experiences

sohum.pravin

It could be used for syncing the contacts adn also transferring photos & videos (.mjp format) to a PC.

However, midi files could be uploaded to the phone using bitpim. But .qcp/ .wav/ .mp3 files when saved in the "ringers" folder are ignored by the phone even though it supports qcp format (bcoz voce memos are saved as qcp).

Could anybody else try out bitpim and give fedback?

It could be used for syncing the contacts adn also transferring photos & videos (.mjp format) to a PC.

However, midi files could be uploaded to the phone using bitpim. But .qcp/ .wav/ .mp3 files when saved in the "ringers" folder are ignored by the phone even though it supports qcp format (bcoz voce memos are saved as qcp).

Could anybody else try out bitpim and give fedback?

i have tried connecting my rd6330 using bitpims latest version with my usb data cable that works with lg's pcsync but......has anybody else tried that? :clap:

are there any gimmiks of connecting with bitpim? :rofl_200:

:rofl_200:

I saved a qcp format file in the ringers folder, after changing its extension to .mid and voila...it worked. Only limitation is that it should be <30kb in size. Will try same with mp3 files...because it has the same GUI and even the same media player (for playing downloaded ringtones & recorded voices) as in LG 6230, so I feel it might support mp3 also.

Hurray!

I found out a way to upload qcp ringtones to the phone. And the great news is: this phone officially supports uploading qcp files...officially means using PC Sync and not Bitpim...am not sure about file size limit, but it accepted upto 80kb file. Will try with larger files today.

Simply connect the phone thru' PC sync and upload qcp files and wallpapers. But it does not allow mp3 or midi files to be uploaded.

Hi,

I have LG RD 6330. Yesterday I had purchased Avon EZ SURF data cable for this from reliance infocomm shop. but in installation CD, there is no driver for RD 6330, hence I have loaded driver for RD 7130. Now web functions are working but whenever i use pc-sync software, i get message " unable to find valid USB port". I have downloaded pc-sync software for 6330 from www.lgmobiles.com. Any clue or suggestion for this ! Please help & share your expertise

Hi,

I have LG RD 6330. Yesterday I had purchased Avon EZ SURF data cable for this from reliance infocomm shop. but in installation CD, there is no driver for RD 6330, hence I have loaded driver for RD 7130. Now web functions are working but whenever i use pc-sync software, i get message " unable to find valid USB port". I have downloaded pc-sync software for 6330 from www.lgmobiles.com. Any clue or suggestion for this ! Please help & share your expertise

u need to uninstall the 7130 usb driver completely and then install the driver from lg site.

to be specific, remove all the lg drivers listed in the add ramove programs in the control panel.

also remove the pcsync from start---all programs---lgsyncagent---uninstall lg sync agent.

restart computer and install the downloaded file from the lg site.

for r connect use software for lgrd6000

it will work :o:NO::clap::clap:

I saved a qcp format file in the ringers folder, after changing its extension to .mid and voila...it worked. Only limitation is that it should be <30kb in size. Will try same with mp3 files...because it has the same GUI and even the same media player (for playing downloaded ringtones & recorded voices) as in LG 6230, so I feel it might support mp3 also.

dear amtrag,

:clap::o

please guide me to connect my 6330 with bitpim.

i tried hell but :clap::NO::NO:

thank u in anticipation

@sohum.pravin:

Assuming the drivers are already installed and you are able to use r-connect for surfing the net...these are the steps to be followed:

1. Install bitpim..I am using version 9.x (on Win XP)

2. Close the bitpim program if it is running.

3. Connect your phone thru' data cable.

4. Run bitpim and goto settings:

5. Select the correct port on which your handset is connected.

6. Now select "Other CDMA Handsets" or VX-6000 in Bitpim (both work fine for me)

7. Now click the "+" sign on Filesystem tree.

8. Wait for a few seconds and you should be able to see the filesystem.

9. Got Brew>Ringers> and save any file (midi or qcp)

@sohum.pravin:

Assuming the drivers are already installed and you are able to use r-connect for surfing the net...these are the steps to be followed:

1. Install bitpim..I am using version 9.x (on Win XP)

2. Close the bitpim program if it is running.

3. Connect your phone thru' data cable.

4. Run bitpim and goto settings:

5. Select the correct port on which your handset is connected.

6. Now select "Other CDMA Handsets" or VX-6000 in Bitpim (both work fine for me)

7. Now click the "+" sign on Filesystem tree.

8. Wait for a few seconds and you should be able to see the filesystem.

9. Got Brew>Ringers> and save any file (midi or qcp)

dear amtrag,

:NO::clap::clap:

:NO::NOTriste:

:NOTriste:

i tried as u suggested.

i have uploaded qcp files using pcsync but could not use bitpim, the phone restarts/reboots.

:o

Pl ensure that PC sync is not running in the system tray...bcoz I guess what happens is that as soon as you connect the phone, PC sync detects it and due to some conflict with bitpim (maybe...I am not an expert), the phone reboots.

Hence, before connecting the phone, make sure that PC sync is not running in the system tray...or better still, go to task manager and kill any instance of pc sync that you see there.

Try it..hope it solves your problem.

Pl ensure that PC sync is not running in the system tray...bcoz I guess what happens is that as soon as you connect the phone, PC sync detects it and due to some conflict with bitpim (maybe...I am not an expert), the phone reboots.

Hence, before connecting the phone, make sure that PC sync is not running in the system tray...or better still, go to task manager and kill any instance of pc sync that you see there.

dear amtrag,

:clap::clap::clap::D

:clap::clap1::P

:Riendo::clap:

i completely removed pcsync and then loaded bitpim. it hesitated in the begining but finally ........done.

i could remove a downloaded .mid ringtone from the ringers folder and save it to my pc.

then i copied it back to the same folder.....wow....

its working...

thanks a lot.

take my words....u r not an expert........u r expert IN THE MAKING....

keep it up and please keep in touch...........

Dear amtrag,

attaching herewith are two midi ringtones. i have succesfully loaded them to the ringer folder using bitpim and played as ringtone. i have now mastered that. trying now to do justice to mp3 files.surprisingly , in the file stucture i could not find any folder that contained the photos in my handset.

shall now keep doing experiments and keep sahring with u.....

thank u again

vandema.mid

GARBA.mid

yeah ..I was also unable to find any folder containing the photos. But, PC sync allows both uploading phtos to the phone as well as downloading them to the PC. And the image edtior in PC sync allows to resize the photos, in a very user-friendly manner, so that the dimensions become compatible with the phone.

Regarding mp3, one workaround is to first convert them to wave...then down-convert stereo to mono (using windows sound recorder) "8 khz, mono" and then convert it to qcp using Purevoice. Then, upload the same using PC sync.

yeah ..I was also unable to find any folder containing the photos. But, PC sync allows both uploading phtos to the phone as well as downloading them to the PC. And the image edtior in PC sync allows to resize the photos, in a very user-friendly manner, so that the dimensions become compatible with the phone.

Regarding mp3, one workaround is to first convert them to wave...then down-convert stereo to mono (using windows sound recorder) "8 khz, mono" and then convert it to qcp using Purevoice. Then, upload the same using PC sync.

i have already done that, ringtones of mp3 songs converted to qcp formats fail to give an appealing audio quality. i now am trying to check for .amr and .mmf formats (polyphonic) as ringtones.

fanaaforu.mid

kajrare.mid

bye for now. cya.

LG 6230 & 6330 both are based on Qualcomm's MSM-6025 chip. So, I am sure 6330 also supports mp3 but it is disabled by LG in this phone.

Even the PC sync "Help" also mentions mp3 somewhere (probably the guys at LG forget to remove any refernces to mp3). So keep on trying and you might succeed...

LG 6230 & 6330 both are based on Qualcomm's MSM-6025 chip. So, I am sure 6330 also supports mp3 but it is disabled by LG in this phone.

Even the PC sync "Help" also mentions mp3 somewhere (probably the guys at LG forget to remove any refernces to mp3). So keep on trying and you might succeed...

dear amtrag,

sure that i shall keep trying.

my datacable has given up.....i trying to mend it. i have now the complete circuit diagram for datacble for 6330 (and perhaps 6130 and 6230) WITH CHARGING.

shall let u know after i succeed in making a new one..

tghank u for rmaining with me....WISH TO "SEE" YOU SOMEDAY.

BYE FOR NOW.

Hi,

u need to uninstall the 7130 usb driver completely and then install the driver from lg site.

to be specific, remove all the lg drivers listed in the add ramove programs in the control panel.

also remove the pcsync from start---all programs---lgsyncagent---uninstall lg sync agent.

restart computer and install the downloaded file from the lg site.

for r connect use software for lgrd6000

it will work :P:grin::clap::clap:

hi all, i am new user of lg rd6330 , i get a usb cable localy now i install pcsync but it gives me error that no valid usb found, pl. can you help me in this regard.

plseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

:NOTriste::NOTriste::NOTriste::NOTriste::NOTriste: