Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
meet_tej

Problems With Messages

Hey Folks.....

I;m now a proud owner of the new 6265... I like the baby very much :)

For quite a long time now i'v been following this forum which has helped me in my decision to go for this handset. So let me first of all thank you all ppl :)

It's been 3 weeks i have this handset now... any i'v played around all the features.

I'm facing a problem which I'm sure is not due to the handset. Earlier i owned LG2130 the message size of which is just 120 characters... so if someone sent me messages greater than that i would receive messages stripped to 120 characters which was quite irritating :(

But now with 6265, my problem is if the senders message is more than 160 chars (which is the max size for the handset i guess) I just don't receive the message !!! I contacted CC. the guy told me to empty out my inbox and such crazy things... I told him Man this is a brand new handset and i'm not having much messages on it already and i'v experimented from my friends phone to see that only messges > 160 are getting blocked somehow..... But we all know how much the CC guys know... He told me that there's no problem from their side and he'll just take a feedback regarding the same....

Can any one help me in this... and does anyone know whether we can somehow have a msg > 160 chars...?

Cheers,

Tej

Reliance does not support LMS on Nokia handsets. In any case you can send LMS in LG handsets but receiving LMS is impossible. I hope you understand what I mean.

What LMS you send from LG will be received by other mobiles in multiple SMSs and not as a single LMS. All new models of LG support LMS sending.

Hope the info is clear to you.

Why Reliance is doing this is a big mystery. Probably they do not get any revenues from SMS services and hence they do not want to make life easier for subscribers.

Even the SMS storage in this 6265 phone is a measly 100 to 130 depending on the RUIm you have. 24MB internal memory and also external memory is available, but Nokia and Reliance have conspired to kill this facility for us SMS lovers. My Ngage Qd with just 4MB internal memory and no MMC inside is able to store more than 1000 SMSs and phone book capacity also is mammoth and huge.

Shame on Nokia and Reliance, TATA for spoiling such a beautiful handset.

Agreed!! but my point here is earlier i USED to receive messages even if they were stripped at the limited size!!

My question here is y not now !!

But what you received earlier was only SMS (160 chrs) truncated into two SMSs. So you feel that you were receiving LMS in multiple parts, but in reality, Reliance does not support receiving LMS at all now or ever before.

I have had a lot of emails exchanged with the CMO on this matter and they have just expressed their regrets for not providing this service to their valued subscribers.

LoL ... Dumb blokes there ... know crap about their strong and brainy dreams!!!

READ MY SIGNATURE (IT SPEAKS VOLUMES!!)

I called up reliance the other day, told them with a lot of politeness that a Kyocera 7135 supports LMS whether they accept it or not ... and well the did not accept it!

I sent a mail ( a copy of which I sent to arun also ...) for those uninitated ... I'm pasting a more understandable version here :D

I call up the customer services as I’m unable to receive / Send Long messages (which according to reliance is a active service for a couple of handsets)..

and the Kyocera 7135 (whether you guys accept it or not .. supports it) please check the images below for a clearer understanding that shows the same beyond doubt

IMG_0003.JPG

IMG_0004.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG

IMG_0006.JPG

IMG_0007.JPG

(does that show a max size that can be extended??)

now can I have some idea why am I unable to send / receive Long Messages ? (yeah … when someone sends me an official message – it never reaches me as the char limit exceeded 160 – while my handset supports it .. and the network seems capable to support the same!)

When I discussed the same with your advisor from the contact centre, he was unable to suffice with a proper response to the same.

Why can’t I use a service which you claim as active ? Don’t I stand respectable enough to remain your customer ? The advisor asked me to visit the nearest Kyocera Service centre, which itself is a joke… since I visited them the last time, and somehow I knew better than the staff there …

(If you have a little time to spare – and If you think I, as a customer of your company can probably help you make some change)

Please read some of the posts that I’ve made on a forum (independent) that pertain to some of your handsets!! ( you might need a managers approval, as they are internet links)

Kyocera 7135 – what they will never tell you

Telson TWC 1150 - innards

Repair your water damaged LG RD2030

LGRD2030 – Minute Timer

Enhance your SMS storage limit

Now after you’ve gone thro those posts, which were posted by me at some point or other in the past … do you think I would be contacting you guys if I was not fairly sure that It can be done … thro either the straight or the not-so-straight path ?

I called up the customer care and told them about the feature.

"Sorry sir, but we have documents to confirm that your phone does not support LMS."

I was apalled ... I mean, I'm having clear proof about the stuff here .. and u are denying it flat on the face!

and even after 3 weeks of sending this mail, I've not got a reply...

so what did i do ??? I got myself a second hand (damaged) LG 2340. HCC'ed my number to that handset.

Cloned the ESN + other params manually on a Kyocera 7135 [Do not ask me the details, as it is against the rules here :D .. u can try it out ... ] :D

and whoopz... I seriously do not understand how do I get messages which reliance states cannot happen!!!

and hey the message size is more than 163 chars :P

so now i confirm that there are a lot of nuts sitting there who think... they know it all ... but are really not the right ones to be there !!!

cheers

ashok