Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
nitojose

Classic 631 - Blank Display!

My classic 631 is just 3weeks old.

With no reason the phone display nothing.. just a glowing screen! But i receive incoming calls.

Is there anything i can myself to correct this? What the actual problem will be?

you wont be able to solve . these classic are cheap sets with low quality . visit your nearest service centre and insist them to replace

Well, my brand new GSM Nokia very recently (just about 2 weeks old) went the same way - blank display ...only the backlight comes on. Ringer wont work either. They repaired it in warranty, but in 4 hours its back to square A. They wont replace it either. It is also made in China ...but its a Nokia ...seems Nokia is going the Classic way! Beware!!

Though very late to reply to this... After 2weeks of my set problem(blank display), i took the handset to the nearest Classic Service centre and they replaced the LCD screen free of charge and that too within 10mnts. As all thought, i too considered Classic a cheap mobile. Yes it is. But it is cheap because it doesnot have RWorld and built-in modem! So worth to buy. Also most of the models' keypad acts like scratch proof and corrossion resistant!

^^^

My dear friends many companies consider their handsets as DOA (Dead On Arrival) if the problem persists within 7 days of the purchase. After seven days they only will repair it under warranty and does not replace the handset at all.

Regards.

When such things happens, i tell my friend just to go to the dealer and they should fix it.

With no reason the phone display nothing.. just a glowing screen! But i receive incoming calls.

Is there anything i can myself to correct this? What the actual problem will be?

You can do nothing I have bought classic 761 just 3 months back and now its display is blank and they are asking for Rs.550 to repair it.It has not fallen from anywhere and its no fault of mine.And its still under warranty period but you know all their exceptions comes only after we have purchased,they say that this is not covered under waranty.They have not mentioned this anywhere and I am surely going to forward this matter into the Consumer forum

You can do nothing I have bought classic 761 just 3 months back and now its display is blank and they are asking for Rs.550 to repair it.It has not fallen from anywhere and its no fault of mine.And its still under warranty period but you know all their exceptions comes only after we have purchased,they say that this is not covered under waranty.They have not mentioned this anywhere and I am surely going to forward this matter into the Consumer forum

^^^

@Nafisa Shaikh

Yes my dear friend, don't let them take you granted. You must forward this matter into the Cosumer forum. We all are with you my dear friend. Go ahead.

Regards.

^^^

@Nafisa Shaikh

Yes my dear friend, don't let them take you granted. You must forward this matter into the Cosumer forum. We all are with you my dear friend. Go ahead.

Regards.

Rightly said. You should go to the consumer forum.