Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
waves2d

Handset With Sms More Than 160 Characters

Hello everybody,

Can anyone say is there any CDMA handset compatible with Reliance through which an SMS of more than 160 characters be sent?

Many handsets say that they support LMS(LG) or concatenated SMS (Nokia) but its not possible to compose a message of length more than 160 characters.

my PPC 6700 can compose SMS and send in multiple parts i typed upto 480 chars (3 messages) and receiver has received all 3 msgs.

BTW I bought it from sadik.

Edited by kshah

yes it does.

One strange thing I noticed is that sometimes i recieve as long messages as single SMS but when I forward them, they are broken into parts.

I dont know what Reliance means by LMS ...cus friends have sent me SMSes > 160 characters from Reliance LMS enabled phones, and yet the SMSes come to my phone as seperate SMSes! Once in a while a part of the SMS just never reaches!! All VERY irritating. Reliance is the pits when it comes to SMSing. This LMS thingy is nowhere close to the slick way SMSes are handled on GSM phones.

LMS is treated by system as multipart SMS. Sender handset convert in to parts and send to system, receiver handset rejoins. In CDMA it is always SP controlled stuff. In GSM they have better standard practices than CDMA. So behavour may be strange.