Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Honest

Orpat To Launch Mobile Handsets In India

Orpat to Launch Mobile Handsets in India

One of the world's largest clock makers, the Orpat Group, is now foraying into the mobile phone market in the country. For this, the company has collaborated with NXP Semiconductors, the independent company founded by Philips.

Orpat will be entering the market with ultra-low-cost (ULC) and multimedia handsets under its brand name. These phones will be based on NXP's Nexperia cellular system solutions 5130 and 5211, and will target rural and semi-urban areas. They will offer multimedia capabilities such as stereo recording with FM radio, MP3 and video playback, a mega pixels digital camera interface, USB charging, connect-to-PC, and Bluetooth stereo.

Speaking on the occasion, Nevil Patel, director of Orpat Limited, said, "We believe these phones will provide the next experience in providing feature-rich and multimedia-enabled handsets at competitive price points to a largely untapped and high-potential market outside the mainstream market, and in India's vast rural areas. In the initial phase of the roll-out, we aim to garner a major share of the replacement market in the Indian mobile telephony space.

Orpat plans to sell its mobiles through its existing sales network of about 80 exclusive showrooms and over 50,000 retail outlets.

Courtesy : Techtree

post-8210-1212071386_thumb.jpg

Buyer kam manufacturers zyada.

All of them importing it from china, sticking their names and launching it. GAWD i am BORED :unsure:

My dear friends, Orpat is already number one in importing Electronic products from China and selling them very cheap in India.

No doubt, whenever Orpat lauch these Mobile handsets, it too revolutionise the mobile market with the cheapest but better mobiles. Orpat is already having a chain of its distributors. So, they will not face any problems to sell their mobiles.

Regards.

Orpat to Launch Mobile Handsets in India

One of the world's largest clock makers, the Orpat Group, is now foraying into the mobile phone market in the country. For this, the company has collaborated with NXP Semiconductors, the independent company founded by Philips.

Orpat will be entering the market with ultra-low-cost (ULC) and multimedia handsets under its brand name. These phones will be based on NXP's Nexperia cellular system solutions 5130 and 5211, and will target rural and semi-urban areas. They will offer multimedia capabilities such as stereo recording with FM radio, MP3 and video playback, a mega pixels digital camera interface, USB charging, connect-to-PC, and Bluetooth stereo.

Speaking on the occasion, Nevil Patel, director of Orpat Limited, said, "We believe these phones will provide the next experience in providing feature-rich and multimedia-enabled handsets at competitive price points to a largely untapped and high-potential market outside the mainstream market, and in India's vast rural areas. In the initial phase of the roll-out, we aim to garner a major share of the replacement market in the Indian mobile telephony space.

Orpat plans to sell its mobiles through its existing sales network of about 80 exclusive showrooms and over 50,000 retail outlets.

Courtesy : Techtree

My dear Kamal, it is again a news article which is much delayed. Orpat is already in the mobile phone handset market since last year. A number of low cost handsets are available at retail outlets at our place. But these handsets, all re-branded Chinese products, like Spice and Simoco are not sucess stories as most of the buyers do not prefer these unreliable handsets.

ORPAT is not a good brand....

ORPAT is not a good brand....

^^^

@Amit

But it is already a Popular brand in Electrical products and that makes the difference, my dear friend. Consumers are already aware of the brand Orpat and they will not hesitate to purchase the same.

Orpat is already in the mobile phone handset market since last year.

^^^

@Saugata

MY dear friend, can you please elaborate on the above, by posting some pics of the mobiles which were introduced by Orpat since Last Year, with model numbers.

Regards.

I heard on TV, that the GSM phones will be priced at Rs. 499/- a piece, that makes it the cheapest GSM phone which will be availiable

I heard on TV, that the GSM phones will be priced at Rs. 499/- a piece, that makes it the cheapest GSM phone which will be availiable

My dear friend, actually Rs.499/- Gsm Handset is going to be introduced by Xenitis as discussed HERE.

Orpat is famous for cheap products, I think they will introduce the cheapest phone at about Rs.450/-.

Regards.

I think Orpat in our market since last few years in the brand name of "Ajanta"

right?

^^^

@Santhosh

Yes my dear friend, you are 100% right Orpat manufactures clocks under its brand name Ajanta.

Regards.

Ajanta / Orpat is worlds largest clock manufacturers and they are the only Indian company which compete china in clock business. They are quality manufacturer.

These are all chinese product (AFAIK)

Orpat is already in the mobile phone handset market since last year.

^^^

@Saugata

MY dear friend, can you please elaborate on the above, by posting some pics of the mobiles which were introduced by Orpat since Last Year, with model numbers.

Regards.

My Dear Kamal,

Here you are. I was too busy to go to the local shop which was selling ORPAT handsets since last year. Now I have found time to go there and I took a snap of the box of the phone. The owner of the shop told me that this brand is not doing well at all, and he is not procuring new lot. This was the last set with him.

Now, I think, you will believe that Techtree was giving delayed news!

Regards..

post-28928-1215949403_thumb.jpg

^^^

@Saugata

Yes, my dear friend, it can be possible that some sites are providing the delayed information.

You was right at your point. :victory:

Regards.