Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
nspendse

R Connect - Error Code 0633

:lol:

I am a newbie. I have LG RD 2030 with USB Cable, Prolific driver. I could install all the software and Rconnect without trouble.

The problem started when i tried to connect for the first time using my phone no. as login and password.

I have the LG Modem installed on COM 3 port of my Dell Laptop with XP SP-2

I get error message stating error 0633 port is already open....

There are not other devices in use on my laptop. The other modem (inbuilt) is configured on different port (COM7).

How do i go ahead fixing this.

Please note that i have not yet got reliance call centre to activate r connect on my number.

I was told that this needs to be done only after i have connected for the first time.

Thanks in Advance....

remove the phone from d data cable and try again after reconnecting d phone with data cable

Are you sure other phone applications like the LG Desktop Sync, etc. are not running alongside ?

Are you sure other phone applications like the LG Desktop Sync, etc. are not running alongside ?

37806[/snapback]

Thanks for the help..

yes i am sure there is nothing else connected. At lease not a modem.

is there a way to find out for sure what devices are working thru/on a particular port???

I am a newbie. I have LG RD 2030 with USB Cable, Prolific driver. I could install all the software and Rconnect without trouble.

The problem started when i tried to connect for the first time using my phone no. as login and password.

I have the LG Modem installed on COM 3 port of my Dell Laptop with XP SP-2

I get error message stating error 0633 port is already open....

There are not other devices in use on my laptop. The other modem (inbuilt) is configured on different port (COM7).

How do i go ahead fixing this.

Please note that i have not yet got reliance call centre to activate r connect on my number.

I was told that this needs to be done only after i have connected for the first time.

Thanks in Advance....

37794[/snapback]

Check all the things one by one.

First check in your phone (LG RD 2030).

1. Click menu > settings > phone > data setting and click on the Data/Fax option, and check yes, and fix the Data Baud Rate to 11500.

In your Laptop, First shutdown your laptop completely and switch off it for a moment. After some time, Switch on it again and try to connect the Rconnect.

If you find the previous problem (0633 Port is already Open) Again. Then follow the following steps.

1. Go to Start > Control Panel > Double Click on Phone and Modem Options > Click On Modems Tab in the Phone and Modem Options Dialog Box. And Check whether other modem or device attached to your COM3 port.

2. If Yes, then remove the following device and restart your system.

3. If no, then remove your modem from this dialog box and uninstall Rconnect.

4. Restart your Laptop.

5. Try to install the modem and Rconnect again.

6. If Problem not solved, remove all devices displayed in the Phone and Modem Option except Rconnect (LG RD 2030 Modem) and restart Your Laptop.

Restart means Shutdown Your Laptop and Start it Again by Switch On.

Give me Phone and Modem Option dialog box’s details. If problem does not solved.

Thanks for reading. Also Inviting comments related to this topic.

Keep Learning.

Hi,

I am using Windows XP SP2 on an IBM laptop. I was able to use Rconnect for about 3-4 months using USB data cable without any problem. But suddenly it started giving port in use ( Error 0633 ) and stopped connecting. I had done all sorts of disconnecting and restarting but with no effect. I had uninstalled Rconnect and have also removed all other modems. Now it is not even allowing me to install Rconnect. On plugging in the USB cable it says “ USB device not recognized”. When I go on to install Rconnect it does not provide me with any port ( in the drop down menu ) so that I could configure the modem on that port.

Another interesting thing is that when I look at the logical com ports from the device manager, it shows that about 8 ( COM1, COM2, etc ) logical ports are in use. How do I initialize the ports so that they are no longer in use. Earlier my Roconnect used to be configured on logical port COM7. But this also seems to be in use. I do not have any Desktop sync etc running ( Is there a way to check ??).

Please advise if anyone knows a solution.

Thanks,

Harsha.