Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kppraki

Rconnect Connection Error

Hi Everyone,

I got a new LG6130 phone last month, and its enabled for the RConnect service, the service was working fine for a few weeks, but about few days ago, when i connect my mobile to the laptop the windows says

"One of hte USB Devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it

"

and windows very helpfully says,

"Try reconnecting or replacing the device!!!!"

I have tried rebooting the compuer, uninstalling the modem, restarting the mobile and such things, and occassionally it works for a few minutes before going off again with the message above.

I was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction, is it my mobile which has gone BAD in a month!!! or something to do with my laptop.

Any useful suggestions welcome.

please reply to kppraki@gmail.com

thanks

Prakash

Hi Prakash,

I think it must be suitable to discuss the problem here so everyone can read it and give comments according their thinking.

Check the modem configuration tab. For this follow the link below. R Connect Troubleshooter

If u have any error message, then please make a post with the error message.

According your error message. There may a problem with the USB host controller or the root hub a USB device might not work.

1. Open Device Manager.

To open Device Manager, Right Click on My Computer and click on Properties option. In System Properties dialog box. Click on Hardware and now click on Device Manager.

2. Double-click Universal Serial Bus controllers.

3. Right-click the entry for your USB host controller, and then click Properties.

4. Look in the Device status box to see if it mentions any problems with the device, and then click OK.

5. Click USB Root Hub, and then repeat steps 3 and 4 for this device.

Is there a problem with either of these devices?

If yes, then try following steps:

1. Double click on USB Host controller.

2. Click on Driver Tab and Update Driver…

3. Select the option, install the Software Automatically and click next, follow the coming instruction. (In this process, you may require Windows XP cd.)

4. Click on Finish.

Repeat the same process for USB Root hub.

Restart the System again and check. If problem persist, send me post again!

Thanks and Take Care!

hi rajan,

i am using lg rd6130. i am trying to install r-connect dialer for using

internet. but i am facing problem in it. i have win xp service pack 2 512 mb ram

data cable usb when i install it the lg modem install succesfully. then it says connect data cable in usb port & when i connect it the wizard doesnt launch & it ask for usb

-uart controller software. it didnot find it from cd.from where i will get it that why this type of error is occuring? plz reply me on this.

rajiv

I got this mail today in my Inbox. As a member of RIMWEB i will try to answer it here.

Dear Rajeev,

I think u did not install the USB controller in your system. Try to check it by the help of previou post. I think u get proper solution.

If u did not see any USB controller. U need to install it. For this click on Device Manager. (To open device manager, Use the method, which i described above.). Follow the following steps (U MUST HAVE WINDOWS XP INSTALLATION CD)

1. On the Action menu, click Scan for hardware changes.

2. Windows detects your USB host controller or root hub and reinstalls the driver for the device.

3. Reconnect your USB device directly to the USB port on your computer. If you have more than one USB device to connect, connect them one at a time and verify that each one works.

Now try to install the R Connect Again. And Share ur problem and experience with us.

Thanks and Take Care!