Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingSalman

Datacard For Laptops And Pcs

Hello,

I have just bought a new Dell's Laptop. I am planning to buy a datacard for my Laptop for internet connection, Could someone provide me information about the different datacards available for Laptops and PCs with their tariffs and plans. I am confused which company could provide the best service: Reliance OR Tata Indicom or others.

Waiting for your response.....

Salman

^^^

@King Salman

Reliance could be the better option my dear friend.

Didn't you get a voucher for a free Data Card with your new Laptop ? Many companies offer free Data Card with their new Laptops but I'm not sure about DELL.

Their are two kinds of Data Cards available. One is PCMCIA based and other is USB based.

PCMCIA based data card can be used only with Laptops. But USB based data cards can be used both with laptops and Desktops.

Their are many data plans available with Reliance and Tata. You can choose them according to your usage.

Regards.

Hey Honest,

Thankyou for the info. I would really appreciate if you could help me more in providing the complete info about the data plans of Reliance Datacard. I use both Laptop and PC, so What do you think which would be better datacard, PCMCIA or USB based.

Salman

Hello,

I have just bought a new Dell's Laptop. I am planning to buy a datacard for my Laptop for internet connection, Could someone provide me information about the different datacards available for Laptops and PCs with their tariffs and plans. I am confused which company could provide the best service: Reliance OR Tata Indicom or others.

Salman

Hey you could find that on reliance site... or any web world I had checked up sometime back reliance is offering datacards for approx Rs 2990...

Some of the plans are Freedom at night 400/pm in which you get unlimited surfing and download between night 10 to morning six, Platinum rental 1500/pm anytime unlimited download then there are data plans of 400 mb and 1 Gb cap which have a rental of 400 and 650 respectively... You can just recheck the last two rentals again...

Think before you buy a Datacard Reliance Datacards are not T Sim or RUIM enabled i.e. these things cannot be utilised on TATA or Garuda networks however the same is true for TATA and BSNL datacards... You can plan and go for a TATA datacard and utilise it with Reliance TSIM... charges for Tata datacard is 2850/-

I would request someone to post a feedback on the speed of the said combination vis a vis speed of normal reliance datacard....

if u have a gsm connection why don't u try Airtel Mobile Office on an edge enabled handset. If that works then u dont have to struck ur money on datacards which are good for nothing if u plan to change them & switch to some better service.

Hello imvikky,

Thanks for the info about the tariffs plans of Reliance. I think "Freedom at night 400/pm" looks an affordable package for me but I am still confused which company's datacard should I go for Reliance OR Tata Indicom. Whose service is best in terms of speed and reliability? My heart is saying I should go for Tata Indicom's Datacard as these guys are making many advertisements on TV and on other stufffs. I am getting attracted towards Tata.

Salman

Hey you could find that on reliance site... or any web world I had checked up sometime back reliance is offering datacards for approx Rs 2990...

Some of the plans are Freedom at night 400/pm in which you get unlimited surfing and download between night 10 to morning six, Platinum rental 1500/pm anytime unlimited download then there are data plans of 400 mb and 1 Gb cap which have a rental of 400 and 650 respectively... You can just recheck the last two rentals again...

Think before you buy a Datacard Reliance Datacards are not T Sim or RUIM enabled i.e. these things cannot be utilised on TATA or Garuda networks however the same is true for TATA and BSNL datacards... You can plan and go for a TATA datacard and utilise it with Reliance TSIM... charges for Tata datacard is 2850/-

I would request someone to post a feedback on the speed of the said combination vis a vis speed of normal reliance datacard....

^^^

@King Salman

My dear friend, in my opinion you should go for a Reliance USB based Data Card. Speed in Reliance is much better than Tata.

And for different data plan options you can click here :

Reliance Data Plan Tariffs

Regards.

Hello,

Salman

I have used reliance data card with plan of 750 Rs for 1 GB. Its speed was okay. Bit better than dial up but not as good as broadband. I am getting Tata next week. Will post about my experience with Tata during next week.

Edited by alightedme

Hey alightedme,

Thanks for providing the info about your experience with Reliance datacard. By the way may I ask you why you will be going to change your datacard from Reliance to Tata.

Honest,

Thankyou so much for the Reliance tariffs plans info. You know, I have already taken the printout of it. Let me compare it with Tata's plans and let me decide it later which could be the best one.

Salman

Hello,

Salman

I have used reliance data card with plan of 750 Rs for 1 GB. Its speed was okay. Bit better than dial up but not as good as broadband. I am getting Tata next week. Will post about my experience with Tata during next week.

Honest,

I would really appreciate if you could let me know which datacard would be the best: PCMCIA based or USB based. If I buy USB based which can be connected to both PC and Laptop would have better features than PCMCIA or would have the same features as of that PCMCIA.

Salman

^^^

@King Salman

My dear friend, in my opinion you should go for a Reliance USB based Data Card. Speed in Reliance is much better than Tata.

And for different data plan options you can click here :

Reliance Data Plan Tariffs

Regards.

better go for usb data card , speed same and bettter functionality

^^^

@King Salman

Yes my dear friend, you must go for the USB data card. Not only you could connect the USB data card to PC as well as Laptop but also the features will be the same as in PCMCIA data card. In PCMCIA data card you will be bound to use it on Laptop only.

Try the lates ZTE model launched by reliance. It has antenna also. You can make voice calls too from it.

Regards.

Well all my dear friends, i hav recently cum 2 know dat BSNL is also providing data cards & dey hav one ZTE USB data which is EVDO enabled & more over BSNL is in process of putting EVDO setup. The monthly charges would be 250Rs for 2Mbps unlimited once EVDO is set up til EVDO is not dere one can get 144Kbps connection. So in my regard keepin future in mind one should think & try BSNL.

^^^

@caringlover

Yes my dear friend, you are 100% correct. BSNL data card is also good. But in cities like MUMBAI and DELHI their is MTNL. Hopes that MTNL should also come with the same data card as of BSNL.

The one negative point in BSNL data card is that their is no mobility in it. That means you have to restrict the use of BSNL data card only in the city in which you had purchased it. You can't use the same while you roam. I think here Reliance beats BSNL.

Regards.