Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mahidhar

Lg 2130 Caller Identification

just got a 2130 today ... the problem is whenever i get a msg from a gsm mob which has the 009198*** format, it refuses to give the name of the sender ... whereas when i get msgs from RIM it identifies ... i've stored the 0091 format in other caller groups for that person ... still no luck :clap: any of u 2130 owners encountering this problem ???

save the number u receive in same format as it comes in ur phonebook

i mean if u receive call from 009198*** number, then save it in ur phonebook in same format like 009198*** not like 98***

after that u will see the name of caller in stead the number

save the number u receive in same format as it comes in ur phonebook

i mean if u receive call from 009198*** number, then save it in ur phonebook in same format like 009198*** not like 98***

after that u will see the name of caller in stead the number

He has mentioned that he has save the no in both formats :clap:

just got a 2130 today ... the problem is whenever i get a msg from a gsm mob which has the 009198*** format, it refuses to give the name of the sender ... whereas when i get msgs from RIM it identifies ... i've stored the 0091 format in other caller groups for that person ...

Try saving a no. from the SMS.... (SAVE TO PHONEBOOK). Then try reading the SMS. Let us know

hey chirag ... tried out that yesterday but didnt work ... interestingly i have an sms from customer care saying my std is activated (i called up yesterday and requested) ... and now its showing all the names :D so i presume its because it had something to do with recognising the format since std was not activated ... anyways ... thanx guys :P

another intersting fact ... it displays the number if the 0091 format is stored in the mobile field ... if stored in the other numbers field, it refuses to identify the number in the sms !!! bad programming i guess !!! wish they would take more ppl like static in their group ;)

finally. ... figured out whats exactly going on ... this will be useful for all the ppl migrating from the 2030 to moonlight :D the 2030 doesnt recognise the 0091 format and so we had to manually enter this format in the other numbers field ... the moonlight automatically recognises this format ... since i had transferred all contacts from the 2030 to 2130 via pc sync, the other numbers field also got entered in moonlight which had the 0091 format ... the moment i removed this format from the other numbers field, everything worked perfect ;) guess they have thought about it and rectified the defect ...

in conclusion, there is no need to enter the 0091 format in moonlight ... just save the number with the 098845*** or whatever and leave the rest to the fone !!! :P