Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sandeep4u

Details About Huawei C2900i

HI Frds,

Any body can provide me full details or product note about Huawei C2900i handset.

HI Frds,

Any body can provide me full details or product note about Huawei C2900i handset.

Huawei C2900i CDMA cell phone reviewed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of the latest offerings among handsets of Tata Indicom is the Huawei C2900i .

Its a very feature rich low end phone which packs in many features of mid range phones too.

Like high speed internet on the phone or Pc connectivity for surfing internet on PC

.This phone has a in built modem which is capable of speeds of upto 153.6kbps upload or download under CDMA 1x network .Its

100 Rs costlier than the C2900 which is the same phone without internet modem.So for 100Rs more c2900i is worth it.This phone

uses opera mini internet browser for surfing the internet and you can surf any site on it.The sad part is you can not

download anything on this phone but while surfing on the PC there is no such limitation.

Internet Connectivity

This phone has a in built modem which is capable of speeds of upto 153.6kbps upload or download under CDMA 1x network .Its

100 Rs costlier than the C2900 which is the same phone without internet modem.So for 100Rs more c2900i is worth it.This phone

uses opera mini internet browser for surfing the internet and you can surf any site on it.The sad part is you can not

download anything on this phone but while surfing on the PC there is no such limitation.It does not support javascript and

audio/video.Playback.Browsing speed and page rendering is simply awesome but the opera mini browser has some bugs which

causes the phone to restart if you are browsing heavy pages like pages full of images for a long time.But its very rare.The

speed is much faster than GPRS and also EDGE on some service providers.Tata indicom charges 99Rs/month for using internet on

phone.

Signal Quality

signal quality is good and call quality is also good among the same same price range handsets.I found full signal strength

all the time even though the tower is 4KM away from my house

Phone display

the display is 128*128 64k colour CSTN display which is very great even the resolution is low and there will be no problem

for reading even the smallest text as the brightness is also great.

Other Features

FM with 20 stations storage.A stereo headset is provided with the phone for FM .The sound clarity is very good but the earphones lack base.It can also record FM.

It has a voice recorder for voice recording in QCP format

Supports MP3 ringtones

Speaker Phone with good loudness

downloadable apps and games

Call recording

specification

Battery 850mAh

Speaker for FM and calls

128*128 pixels CSTN display

Phone Book 500*(3 numbers +1 email+1 fax number+memo)

200 SMS storage on phone or storage on phone memory until it gets full

Weight 75gms

Battery life

Great Battery life.The phone battery lasted for 7 hours of continous internet surfing without any break.The standby time and

talktime is also good with 4hours+ of talktime and 4 days of standby time with 1 hour of internet browsing included.

Price

1800Rs including all taxes

Pros

High speed internet browsing

FM with 20 stations capacity

High Battery life

MP3 ringtone

Supports BREW games and apps

Cons

bugs in opera minibrowser

Just 6.46MB of storage space

Overall Ratings

4.5/5 would (have been 5/5 if there was no bug in opera)

Must buy Phone if you are on low budget and want a feature rich phone

Dear friend

I do agree that this is wondweful set but why TATA withdrew it .It is not available in UP

It works with reliance after unlocking . Ringtone quality is also good

Please inform me how to change this handset for using reliance. Is there any code or software has to be modified

Thanks in advance

Babulu