Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
amitstg

Chinese Handset

Hi All

Yesterday i was planning to buy a old handset with some good features at a cheap price, the vendor asked my to buy chinese new handset at very cheap price. I was not aware that chinese cheap models are available in the market. Well after going through 6-7 handset in the price range of 3000-6500 (6500 model was with TV reception) i ultimately bought a handset for Rs 4500/- its manual is in total chinese language not even a single english sentence. Some folders inside are in chinese only. It has following features

1. Touch Screen with stencil

2. Dual SIM (but one at a time is on)

3. Video recorder

4. Memory card (128 mb is free)

5. GPRS (but browser is hell)

6. No bluetooth (though i was told it is there)

I wanted to install some softwares in it like Browser it, but couldnt find anything compatible with it. After going through many net search i found a web site with just little discription of the handset ( http://bxmobile.en.alibaba.com/product/504...k258_p168.html

Plz help me to install additional software in this handset.

It is not supporting my 3gp files, its recording in .vid extension. plz help

I have few queries , pls answer them ---->

1] how is the user-friendliness of this set?

2] Is it slow ..? I heard from someone that dual phones are slow..

3] What is the SMS storing capacity of this set?

4]Can we easily write SMS's on these sets like we can do it in NOKIA/LG ??

5] Does it support Bulk/group SMSing ?

6] How is the battery life of phone?

7] Does it get heated up quickly while talking like Classic phones?

8] Does it have T9en Dictionary for writing SMS's?

9] Considering my above queries will u recommend me to buy it .. (i ll never watch videos /listen mp3s on it/ll never user its cam too...)?

Edited by NagpurDaMunda

9] Considering my above queries will u recommend me to buy it .. (i ll never watch videos /listen mp3s on it/ll never user its cam too...)?

If this is the case why you want to carry such big handsets? Any handset will do for you.

the handset looks great and for 4.5K, it is a good buy, only if it can run for atleast 12 months.

If you are looking for warranty and installing additional s/w, then it is not worth buying.

If this is the case why you want to carry such big handsets? Any handset will do for you.

coz big handsets have big sms storing capacity ..like in Nokia N series we can store unlimited SMS's but in all other RIM handsets SMS storing capacity is limited to 30 -100 SMS in inbox...

pls tell me ...

I lost my PPC 6700 a couple of weeks back and had to buy a phone for the time being. I transferred my phone number to a RUIM and bought a chinese handset supporting dual-sims, one CDMA and one GSM, for just Rs 6000. Have been using the phone for almost 10 days and it seems a good deal to me. Both sims (CDMA+GSM) work at the same time and found no problem as such with the call reception and call quality. Here're the pics -

1d17_1.JPG

2095_1.JPG

Display screen is big 2.6'' with 262k color with 240x320 px resolution. I was pleasantly suprised by the display quality. Main features include -

- Touchscreen with stylii

- Loud stereo (dual) speakers with above average soundquality

- MP3 and Video player: MP3, MP4, Wav, 3GP,ASF, full screen playback

- 1.3 MP camera of average quality

- USB support, USB charging support as well

- Bluetooth (works for file transfer), not tested the handsfree or headset profile. It seems to support Bluetooth A2DP profile as well

- 300 contact + sim capacity

- 200 SMS + sim capacity, SMS groups, T9 like word completion feature

- Support MMS with GSM sim

- Voice recorder, Call recorder

- Dual band GSM (900/1800) and CDMA 1x 800

- Option of Black and Silver color

Above features are the one that I tested myself. Other features that are there in most phones these days are also present, like alarm, memo, calendar, to do list, game, scheduler etc. Phone doesn't look cheap like most chinese handsets and the build quality seems good to me. The software of the phone is not great, but not bad either. So far no crashes....For this price, I couldn't have got a better phone.

Edited by basant_jp

what about internet...

opera mini can be installed?

^^^

From where to get?

Please Post Model number and company of this phone.

where can we buy in bangalore?

basant ji -- make/ company/model no pls

Basant bhai,what is the phone memory and does it support external card and if so of what capacity?also please elaborate on 3rd party software support.