Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Samsungmax

Opera Mini 4 On Samsung Max

Does Samsung MAx phone supports or opera mini 4 ..if yes then How can I install it on my cell phone or tell any other browser for my cell phone .....

thanks in advance

Can anyone confirm whether its possible to log on to ICICIdirect.com through this handset or not?

Actually this phone has a browser but is hidden with no direct access.

Try this - type the domain name in the SMS text box and save it.

Then open it and select options from the left key, find the connect option .. the browser will fire up.

Secondly are you people able to play external mp4, 3gp on Samsung Max. My phone doesnt recognise them.

It only recognises .jpg and .mp3

Also external games except downloaded from Rworld do not run.

THIS IS ACTUALLY A GOOD LOOKING PHONE WITH NEW LOTS OF NEW STUFF BUT LACKS BASIC FEATURES

Can anyone confirm whether its possible to log on to ICICIdirect.com through this handset or not?

^^^

@Mr. Flop

My dear friend, if this handset supports Opera Mini, then you can surely logon to ICICIdirect.com through Opera browser.

Regards.

Then open it and select options from the left key, find the connect option .. the browser will fire up.

What is the name of the bowser?

opera mini connects through opera's own proxies. hence I doubt if secured sites will allow proxy servers. Also opera proxy is too slow and at times it is down. so do not rely on opera for serious work. Thats piece of uncalled advise. Also most secured sites use java extensively and it asks for OE / mozilla as browser identifiers.

I would like to know from owners of the TATA version of Samsung Max.

What is the name of the preloaded browser?

i have purchased max today. for 7300. will do R&D on that.

i have purchased max today. for 7300. will do R&D on that.

Please do let me know if you are able to run any mp4 files other than that are recored with the phone.

Also my phone gives a network down message when trying to connect to any wap site

your feedback will be helpful

thanks

opera mini connects through opera's own proxies. hence I doubt if secured sites will allow proxy servers. Also opera proxy is too slow and at times it is down. so do not rely on opera for serious work. Thats piece of uncalled advise. Also most secured sites use java extensively and it asks for OE / mozilla as browser identifiers.

You are right kshah. ICICI Direct does not open in opera. And yes, it is sometimes down.

well yes network down thats what i am getting into it!

the latest thing is that the sets which reliance is giving has browser settings for tata indicomm so it will not work.

the home page too is da.tataindicom.com

Secondly are you people able to play external mp4, 3gp on Samsung Max. My phone doesnt recognise them.

THIS IS ACTUALLY A GOOD LOOKING PHONE WITH NEW LOTS OF NEW STUFF BUT LACKS BASIC FEATURES

Can you please tell me how to open the browser i tried in ur way but can get only three option in SMS option as call/save, Erase and Forward.

please tell me exactly how to do it in Samsung MAX reliance handset

thnx in advance,

waiting for reply.

I got it, one wll have type Domain always start with (http://www.xxxxx.xxxxx) in SMS text then cancel it from option it will ask you to save as Draft clik Yes then go to draft open it and now u will get in Options Connect option clik it then it will Fireeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Thnx Dude for you help atleast you show the path to get it :GirandoOjos:

but what you will do of browser. have a look it has settings for tata newtwork the engineers forgot to recode them!@

but what you will do of browser. have a look it has settings for tata newtwork the engineers forgot to recode them!@

Yes Bro.... ur right I insert Tata SIM in this phone its working with call and with Browser also.........

Any solution anybody have plz share.......

chat with samsung CC says new software release is slated in few weeks

Yes I could play a few mp4 files :GirandoOjos: This phone is not able to recognise mp4 files

placed in the directories created by non MAX mediums. Procedure I could find is, first go to Multimedia->Camera->External album

then use create to create one directory and save it. Then connect your phone to PC and copy your mp4 files to this directory.

File video size supported is 176x144 (QCIF) . Hope this helps :confuse:

chat with samsung CC says new software release is slated in few weeks

Hey,

Any news for new software realease or not..........

I did upgreaded my software in Samsung ASC but still same problem.......! :NOTriste: