Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kesav

Tata Launches ‘happy 2008’ Scheme

^^^

Offer seems to be good my dear friends. But with Daily Rental of Re.1/- brings this pack to Re.1/- x 2008 = Rs.2008 + Rs.299 = Rs.2307/- in total.

That means the subscriber to this offer will get the 5.5 years incoming free for Rs.2307/- because this pack attracts the daily rental of Re.1/-.

Else the call charges also seems to be cool, except the STD charges.

Regards.

^^^

Offer seems to be good my dear friends. But with Daily Rental of Re.1/- brings this pack to Re.1/- x 2008 = Rs.2008 + Rs.299 = Rs.2307/- in total.

That means the subscriber to this offer will get the 5.5 years incoming free for Rs.2307/- because this pack attracts the daily rental of Re.1/-.

Else the call charges also seems to be cool, except the STD charges.

Regards.

Not Really.....Rental Rs.1 is only for outgoing calls.

Incoming calls are absolutely free for 2008 days.

If you've any money left in your account it'll get deducted Rs.1 per day.

^^^

@kesav

Thats what I was also saying my dear friend. If Re.1/- will be deducted from your account daily for the coming 2008 days, then this comes to the tune of Rs.2307/- in total.

Now why should anybody pay even Re.1/- rental on daily basis ?

Their are Lifetime schemes available in which their is no daily commitment of rentals. Just topup your account with your preferred STV and get the benefit of lower call rates on your Lifetime scheme.

Regards.

But the lifetime schemes have quarterly/6-monthly top up requirement, which this scheme doesn't. Is this scheme or any such TATA scheme available for maharashtra?

^^^

I think in this case, RCOM's LT pack is not that attractive even if you use STV Jadoo 49.

The economics is as follows: -

LT pack initial cost: Rs 222 (or is it Rs 649?)

Every quarter, you have to recharge with Rs 125 TT (which means Rs 150 recharge) so annually Rs 600 and out of this amount, you can use Rs 500 for outgoing calls. Use Jadoo 49 and get R2R @ 0.33, all other locals calls within the state @ 0.49 and all STD @ 2.99 (LT STD charges)

So effectively the total annual cost would be Rs 100 plus Rs 588 (Rs 49 *12) ie Rs 688 (for 5.5 years, it will cost Rs 3784 plus the initial cost) plus one pays a bomb for STD calls. As compared to Tata's 2008 plan which entails a spend of Rs 2307, this means an additional outgo of Rs 1500 minimum.

However if a customer does not use STV Jadoo 49, then RCOM's offering is a bit better, though the call charges will be Re 0.99 for all local calls. The total cost thus will be Rs 100, the balance Rs 500 can be used up for TT. (150 x 4) As and when the user wants, he can use STV Jadoo 49. There is no compulsion to use it every month.

Anyway, the TATA offer is equally good, if their network is good. I do not know much about TATA's network.