Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
ravjeet

Ruim Conversion For Ppc 6800

Please Provide me 1.47.01 Radio ROM i could not find it in PPCGeeks.com

Search XDA Forum bro !

Soldering the Jumpers was Damn easy for Repair Person but getting att RUIM Sockets is problematic.

Jumper Soldering is taken 20 seconds after i opened the phone. (Open all Screw and Remove the Back Cover From up to Down, dont Forget to remove Memory Card, Stylus b 4)

I have searched atleast 4 Repair Shop and taken the RUIM Box but could not find RUIM Sockets

in google search put titan_1.47.01 there are some chinese web site where you can download it.

sim tray is a problem I found one having crossover type connecter but of reverse pitch I have flipped it bent the 6 connector to other side and glued it to a regular sim tray.

Soldering the Jumpers was Damn easy for Repair Person but getting att RUIM Sockets is problematic.

Jumper Soldering is taken 20 seconds after i opened the phone. (Open all Screw and Remove the Back Cover From up to Down, dont Forget to remove Memory Card, Stylus b 4)

I have searched atleast 4 Repair Shop and taken the RUIM Box but could not find RUIM Sockets

Edited by ravjeet

in google search put titan_1.47.01 there are some chinese web site where you can download it.

sim tray is a problem I found one having crossover type connecter but of reverse pitch I have flipped it bent the 6 connector to other side and glued it to a regular sim tray.

post-24568-1203848855_thumb.jpg

Hats off 2 you ravjeet .... good way to make the ruim socket !

A true show of engineering :-)

^^^

@ravjeet

Great work going my dear friend. May God Bless You !

Regards.

just found trin160 but size is same as 6800 not thinner

now i think best way is to use a 2400mah extended battery back cover with standard battery.

any one has a extended battery back cover to check.

check link below for battery spec it is 1500mah same as ppc6800 original.

there are some 1600mah battery also available of the same size for d810/htc3600.

modification can be done on any 6800 i have done it on sprint.

http://www.easy-battery.com/pda-battery/dopod-trin160.php

Finally wait is over :clap:

Gr8 work ravjeet and adisa :clap1:

by theway what is the backup capacity of dopod with this mobile.

Which version of mobile u have Sprint or versizon?

Edited by ravjeet

oh ravjeet thts some sad news ... anyway but i m sure something will come up for you soon !!

wish you all the best !!!

If any one is willing to build battery, I wiil suggest to go to www.batteryspace.com

Something similar to this

http://www.batteryspace.com/index.asp?Page...amp;ProdID=4242

Choose right size of LION or LIPO cell, use circuit recovered from original battery and build your own. It will be cheaper.

If any one wants my help to make cover from FRP or if any one is wanting me to make cover from molded plastics (I can make molds cheaper), then people who has bought 6800 or willing to buy in near future, pool say 3000-5000 bucks, I can make mold for you and cover then may not cost even Rs. 10.

One can think of making special battery housing too.

require qualcomm msm7500 chipset data sheet .

no live link found on search engine

you will not get details as qualcomm has suspended pages due to patent violations I think they have removed documents. I had it but unable to search in my back ups.

forwarded it if you find it

you will not get details as qualcomm has suspended pages due to patent violations I think they have removed documents. I had it but unable to search in my back ups.

If any one is willing to build battery, I wiil suggest to go to www.batteryspace.com

Choose right size of LION or LIPO cell, use circuit recovered from original battery and build your own. It will be cheaper.

If any one wants my help to make cover from FRP or if any one is wanting me to make cover from molded plastics (I can make molds cheaper), then people who has bought 6800 or willing to buy in near future, pool say 3000-5000 bucks, I can make mold for you and cover then may not cost even Rs. 10.

No OverCharging Protection Circuit though, Are we making B*mb Kalpak haha

Here it is, Dont ask how i got it (I had downloaded it 1 year B4)

MSM7500.pdf

Edited by hetaldp

Overcharging protection circuits can be bought from same site or can be recovered from existing battery. I built one battery in past for one of my siemens C35 handset. It worked well but it was purely experimental.

In simens I used circuit from BL5c nokia battery, cell from some other model of nokia battery etc.

I dont promote terrorism :unexp::lol: so never teach how to make bomb, mind your language :lol2::devil::death:

thanks for the pdf file i require one which has complete pin detail of the chip.

No OverCharging Protection Circuit though, Are we making Bomb Kalpak haha

Here it is, Dont ask how i got it (I had downloaded it 1 year B4)

Overcharging protection circuits can be bought from same site or can be recovered from existing battery. I built one battery in past for one of my siemens C35 handset. It worked well but it was purely experimental.

In simens I used circuit from BL5c nokia battery, cell from some other model of nokia battery etc.

I dont promote terrorism :unexp::lol: so never teach how to make b*mb, mind your language :lol2::devil::death:

:Contento:

Edited by hetaldp

Today i have stripped the 6800 Battery

I have first Removed the Sticker Which Holds the two Metal Jacket on Back and Front of Battery after that Taken Sharp little screw Driver and taken out Metal Jackets

now only Plastic Border with Battery Circuit is attached seeing to side of Battery i have seen it dont have got thinner but the inside the Border the LiPoly material is 2 mm Thinner. Now its looks exactly like Apple iPhone Battery

iphone have same Battery with only + / - on it so the Over charging Circuit is in built of iPhone Circuit and here iphone could saved a lot of space.

Just see the Picture

Kalpak your comments are sought eagerly

post-9478-1204827526_thumb.jpg

Edited by hetaldp

How about doing some soldering?

1. Get some heat shrinkable PVC tubes of good quality from market. One may get it in Industrial electrical store. Buy thinner variety for wrapping battery.

2. Assuming battery and its circuit is saperated.

3. Wrap battery in thin heat shrinkable tube. Shrink tube.

4. Solder battery and circuit using thin wires. Do not use too thinner wires as it will cause voltage drop and hence lower battery life. Best way would be to use copper strip. Strips can be again insulated with thin shrink tubes. THin because it saves space.

5. Place circuit at suitable place so that space is saves some where.

6. Take 2 mm (or necessary thickness) thick card boards or plastic sheet and make necessary gap required for SIM socket accomodation (Rectangular cut)

7. Stick contacts of battery exactly at same location of original battery. You can use cynoacrylite adhesives (FeviQuick)

8. Assemble whole thing in heat shrikable tube again and shrink tube to make built battery.

I have a belief that instead of doing all this going to FRP molder and getting FRP cover made would be much easier because playing with batteries need lots of patience and also sharp edge will damage thin battery housings.

You may need to buy both side gummed paper tapes available at good stationary stores / auto accessories shop. Do not use foam tapes as they are thicker. Battery fabrication is difficult job. BTW how they have done in GSM? is location of SIM same? How much space is recovered from housing? Housing must be atleast 0.6-0.8 mm thich and there must be space of about 0.5 mm between housing and PCB. So I think one may not need more than 1 mm space on battery. Some measurement job will help to decide what to do. If you remember 6700, SIM socket was not protruding from about 0.8 mm thick cover, though SIM socket was 2 mm thick.

I phone can afford to give circuit on board because I think batteries are not user replacible.

Edited by kshah

As you can see using the Trin160 Battery what ravjeet suggested & opening up the labels. Attached pics you can see the cover closes smoothly slightly it the cover is lifted at one side where Sim socket is placed but its managable !!

Check the pics of Trin 160 fitted for more info !

post-2874-1204900100_thumb.jpg

post-2874-1204900119_thumb.jpg

already tried this last week evening filling half mm from lower side of sim tray the back cover has a little gap on sides after closing

Today i have stripped the 6800 Battery

I have first Removed the Sticker Which Holds the two Metal Jacket on Back and Front of Battery after that Taken Sharp little screw Driver and taken out Metal Jackets

now only Plastic Border with Battery Circuit is attached seeing to side of Battery i have seen it dont have got thinner but the inside the Border the LiPoly material is 2 mm Thinner. Now its looks exactly like Apple iPhone Battery

iphone have same Battery with only + / - on it so the Over charging Circuit is in built of iPhone Circuit and here iphone could saved a lot of space.

Just see the Picture

Kalpak your comments are sought eagerly

Edited by ravjeet

any chance of 6800 for selling with RUIM enabled ?????? Iam eaf\garly waiting for it....sadik bhai and hetal do something..

finally ext battery cover for the 6800 it fits well and looks good

post-24568-1205773132_thumb.jpg

post-24568-1205773192_thumb.jpg

post-24568-1205773280_thumb.jpg

Way to go Ravjeet !!!!

Congratulation to you .... finally you got everything working on the mogul !!!

Keep it up !!!!

I have Cut the Plastic on Board as per Requirement and Kept my Reliance RUIM Top touched to Board and Point open, after that taken 6 Insulated Wires Piece 1.5 Inch each and Soldered each 6 Point of Board to RUIM, then Sticked RUIM with Board using Adhesive TAP,

Stripped the Battery Stickers and Metal Jacket and now everythings fits into OEM Door and Battery no Extended COver not thin Battery only loss is RUIM is Solder to Board, belieave me

Just baught High Quality Pencil Soldering Gun for Rs. 350 Insulated Wire for Rs. 20 Soldering Wire Rs. 10 Soldering Paste (Not used though).

Solder Gun Point should be off 1 mm

First Applie melted Led to Sim Points Board Point and each side of 6 Wires then Solder Pricisely, Try to Practice it after that it will take only 10 Minutes to do that.