Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
PiyushNewe

Ztc S688

Hi,

My search to GSM+CDMA phone has come to an end. I bought ZTC S688 phone & started using it. As of now it works fine. I found it impressive and handy. Does any body have this phone ??

Please reply so that we can have an information exchange.

Thanks,

-Piyush

post-11021-1203327192.jpg

This phone is available in ebay !

Sivashankkar

^^^

My dear friends, this handset is available approximately @ Rs.7000/- only.

Some of its specifications are as under :

Language: English

LCD Size: 3.0 inch, , 16 million colour; PX: 240×320px

Ringtone: 64 chord; Ringtone format: mp3, mp4, midi, wav, amr

Music: play mp3 at background; support equalizer; dual loudspeakers and can set rings of incoming call

Video: MP4, 3GP (Support to play in full screen)

Camera: 2.0 MP DUAL CAMERA; support video with sound, the time is depended on storage

Rom: 1016K/Micro SD card of 256M included FREE, support to, Document management TXT FORMAT

Data Transfer: USB data wire, dual Bluetooth

Standby Photo: jpg, gif

Telephone directories: 300 groups of contacts, support incoming call with big head sticker, group ring an

Messages &Multimedia messaging: 200 SMS, support MMS

Schedule power on/off: Support auto start/close

Alarm clock: 5 groups; support alarm clock when machine’s closed, and can set from Monday to Sunday.

Games: magic suchi

More information: MP3, MP4, Handsfree, SMS group sending, Voice recorder, WAP, Handwritten + keyboard input, Bluetooth, GPRS download, MMS, Memory extended, E-book, Dual cards GMS/CDMA network, calendar, memos, health management, calculator, unit conversion, photo editor.

Operating Frequency: GSM,CDMA2000

Network Frequency: 900/1800MHz

Talk time: 190-260 minutes

Standby time: 195-290 hours

Time-to-market: 21/01/2008

Shape: Bar phone

Weight: 125 g

Color: GOLDEN AND SILVER

Box-Pack Contains:

ZTC S688 Handset Box-Pack

Li Ion Batteries - 2 Nos

Charger 2 in 1 Type (BATTERY CAN ALSO BE CHARGED SEPARATELY).

Stereo Handsfree for Music and Phone call

Memory Card-256 MB Micro SD

USB cable for PC connection.

In all this seems to be a good handsets with above cool features.

Regards.

Seems to be a good phone for 7k.but what is the os?also does it support any 3rd party software installation?has it got flash lite?please try to clear my doubts.thanks

Following are the details & my experience with this Phone.

Price : 6500/-

Some of its specifications are as under :

Language: English

LCD Size: 3.0 inch, , 16 million colour; PX: 240×320px

************* This screen (touch-screen) is very gooooooood. *********************

Ringtone: 64 chord; Ringtone format: mp3, mp4, midi, wav, amr

Music: play mp3 at background; support equalizer; dual loudspeakers and can set rings of incoming call

Video: MP4, 3GP (Support to play in full screen)

Camera: 2.0 MP DUAL CAMERA; support video with sound, the time is depended on storage

************* According to me the camera is 1.3 MP and not 2.0 MP. I feel sellers are quoting it as 2.0 MP to promote the phone. **********

Rom: 1016K/Micro SD card of 256M included FREE, support to, Document management TXT FORMAT

************* It is expandable to 2 GB. But one of the SD Card seller, suggested me that not to put 2 GB otherwise phone will get very slow. Is it true ?? It is not specific to this phone, he was talking generally. *********

Data Transfer: USB data wire, dual Bluetooth

************* USB Data wire is available. But I am not able to connect to my PC, whereas it got connected very first time. After this I am trying daily, but no success. Any body have any idea about this ? **********

Standby Photo: jpg, gif

Telephone directories: 300 groups of contacts, support incoming call with big head sticker, group ring an

Messages &Multimedia messaging: 200 SMS, support MMS

Schedule power on/off: Support auto start/close

Alarm clock: 5 groups; support alarm clock when machine’s closed, and can set from Monday to Sunday.

Games: magic suchi

*********** Any body have any idea about downloading the Games/Software/Theams/Ringtones for this Mobile. Any website ?? *************

More information: MP3, MP4, Handsfree, SMS group sending, Voice recorder, WAP, Handwritten + keyboard input, Bluetooth, GPRS download, MMS, Memory extended, E-book, Dual cards GMS/CDMA network, calendar, memos, health management, calculator, unit conversion, photo editor.

********** Handsfree are available but Not very good. Since I had a sony-erricson, I am comparing it with that. *******************

Operating Frequency: GSM,CDMA2000

Network Frequency: 900/1800MHz

Talk time: 190-260 minutes

Standby time: 195-290 hours

Time-to-market: 21/01/2008

Shape: Bar phone

Weight: 125 g

Color: GOLDEN AND SILVER

********** Mine is Silver *******************

Box-Pack Contains:

ZTC S688 Handset Box-Pack

Li Ion Batteries - 2 Nos

Charger 2 in 1 Type (BATTERY CAN ALSO BE CHARGED SEPARATELY).

********** This is something very good I like this feature ***************

Stereo Handsfree for Music and Phone call

Memory Card-256 MB Micro SD

USB cable for PC connection.

In all this seems to be a good handsets with above cool features. As of now I feel it is very good handset and worth buying in 6.5K Range. I am stuck up only for Data-Cable's connection with the PC. Hope somebody will help me out.

Hope I have answer all the questions.

Thanks,

-Piyush

According to me the camera is 1.3 MP and not 2.0 MP. I feel sellers are quoting it as 2.0 MP to promote the phone.

^^^

My dear friend, it may be possible that the camera of this handset is 1.3 MP but the seller saying it as 2 MP due to the feature in which the 1.3 MP camera's resolution can be interpolated upto 2 MP with the help of digital zoom. Many sellers try this trick to misguide the customers.

And for the data cable problem, what exactly the error message are you getting on your pc ?

You can also try bluetooth instead of data cable to transfer files from mobile to pc and vice-versa.

Regards.

According to me the camera is 1.3 MP and not 2.0 MP. I feel sellers are quoting it as 2.0 MP to promote the phone.

And for the data cable problem, what exactly the error message are you getting on your pc ?

You can also try bluetooth instead of data cable to transfer files from mobile to pc and vice-versa.

Regards.

I am not getting any error on PC. But ideally PC should recognize the hardware & register it as a Drive. (it is something like we are connecting a flash drive to PC). But in my case it is not recognized & registered. Moreover, Mobile can recognize that it is got connected to PC. Mobile asks me to switched off in the "Mass Storage" mode & And after restarting it just shows that it is connected. But I Can't see anything on PC.

My All USB ports are working when I am connecting Flash Drive to it. Ofcourse I can use Bluetooth for data transfer but Data Cable is more convenient.

Please help if possible.

Thanks,

-Piyush

Are u able to browse the internet from Bluetooth Dialup connection to Reliance?

but tell me what the hell is this handset available from!????

i need this ....

^^^

@Piyush

My dear friend, you need not to restart the phone to be recognise by your pc. You have to only shut it down. As soon as you shut down your mobile, it will be recognized by your pc as an external storage device. And you can transfer the data from pc to mobile and vice versa.

You have to keep your mobile phone in "ON" condition when you are using gprs service. And when you need to use your mobile as a storage device then you have to switch it "OFF".

Regards.

but tell me what the hell is this handset available from!????

i need this ....

I got it from Delhi. You can see it on Ebay.in tooo. Just search for GSM+CDMA.. there are two sellers one from Mumbai and another from Gujrat. Try it.

-Piyush

^^^

Hows the OS and the UI for SMS and WAP apart from music, camera, etc?

What about the battery life in standby and Talktime?

Have you used both CDMA or both GSM or CDMA+GSM? Is it RUIM enabled?

^^^

Hows the OS and the UI for SMS and WAP apart from music, camera, etc?

What about the battery life in standby and Talktime?

Have you used both CDMA or both GSM or CDMA+GSM? Is it RUIM enabled?

I havnt tried it for WAP but for SMS UI is good. You have stylus to type character from keyboard (onscreen) also you can use Keypad.

Battery seems good. I don't know the actual figures. The entire manual is written in CHINESE or JAPANEES so can t make out anything.

Yes I have used both CDMA (RELIANCE) & GSM (BSNL) same time. It is RUIM enabled.

Any body has a english version of the Manual. From where I can get that ?

Please help if possible.

-Piyush

well today saw another model in the market . it was of 6900+4% VAT. which costed about 7126/-

the company was VXT, dunno knw what the hell is it. sound was exhillarating. just waiting and thinking

I am using this phone. It working perfect till today. No problem phone. Anyone know how to configure the phone for R Connect. Please reply

I am using this phone. It working perfect till today. No problem phone. Anyone know how to configure the phone for R Connect. Please reply

You are talking abotu ZTC or VxT ?

If ZTC then can you please let me know where I can find the English Version of the User Manual.

-Piyush

hard this mobile restarts most often....is it true? is this having warranty?

^^^

@Hari S Mahesh

No restart problem has been heard till date my dear friend about this handset. Only God knows about the future.

Regards.

Will u recommend this phone ..?? is it slow ?? it is good for bulk smsing ? how wud u rate it on the scale of ten?

^^^

@Rahul

My dear friend, I would rate this handset at seven out of 10. Can't recommend it right now as we doesn't got sufficient reviews for this handset. Only recommend this handset after reviewing that.

Although their are not bad reviews as of now. But we should wait a little before buying this phone.

Regards.