Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KumaarShah

Nokia And Sanyo - Alliance To Form A Cdma Mobile Phone Business

Nokia And Sanyo - Alliance To Form A CDMA Mobile Phone Business Globally March 4, 2008

Posted by perrywilliams in mobile news, mobile phones.

Tags: nokia, Sanyo

trackback By the courtesy of Ecoustics.com latest press release , Nokia ans Sanyo anounced a preliminary agreement to form a Global CDMA mobile phones business.The new alliance will be operating under partnership and the operations will be done from Sandiago , USA . Here is the quation of press release publication -

It is expected that the new company will benefit by combining both parties' CDMA businesses to achieve a leading position within the global CDMA mobile phones market. Nokia brings to this resulting entity the strength of its world-renowned brand, demand supply expertise, a solid entry-level and mid-range CDMA mobile phones product portfolio and well-established relations with over 60 CDMA carrier customers around the globe. SANYO has a leadership position in mid-range and high-end CDMA handsets and maintains strong relationships with CDMA operators in Japan and North America.

"Meeting and exceeding our customers' expectations is the key priority that drives Nokia every day," said Olli-Pekka Kallasvuo, President and Chief Operations Officer, Nokia. "We identified this new entity as the best way to create an attractive CDMA phone portfolio for our customers with the widest possible product offering at the high-end, mid-range and entry levels. We estimate that the creation of this separate, associated company will provide Nokia with financial benefits from start. It also offers both parties timely access to R&D competencies that complement their own internal strategies."

SANYO's President, Toshimasa Iue said, "In addition to making possible the supply of even better products to our current customers, this new company will also lead to raising our position in the global market." He added, "I am confident that integrating Nokia's strong brand with SANYO's ability to meet the markets needs will lead to the building of a very strong partnership in the CDMA industry."

Link:

Well, now will we get aS60 CDMA handset or not yet? When will SE make handsets for CDMA? Maybe Virgin can force them to do this?

^^^

Oh thats a great news my dear friends.

Regards.

indeed a good news

stop dreaming, it take long time to come to india, and sanyo dont have greate english phone we can wait for

^^^

My dear friends, but still I think this combo deal will definetely be helpful to the sinking CDMA quality handsets. Their's an urge for quality handsets in CDMA.

Regards.

i think this is old news, they made tie up before 2 years. CDMA quality can not improve till operatores and qualcomm decides to do so. They have to let go controlover handsets and has to lay down standards like GSM where every thing can be configured either by user or in SIM not handset.

CDMA is purely american, hence dont expect controls to go.

^^^

The dateline of the news report says 4 March 2008. But it could be possible that it was reported 2 years late!!! Anything is possible nowadays..... And yes qualcomm/american control is killing the development of CDMA handsets.