Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dkaile

How To Get Push Mail On Ppc6700 At Minimum Expenses

Dear Friends,

If some body could step-by-step guide me how we can get Push Mail type Services on my PPC-6700, say to download mail from my "xyz@gmail.com" mail account, at least possible rates i.e. without remaining connected to Rconnect all the time. And the Mails should show as "New E-mail" as and when they arrive, just like New Text Messages arrive.

Is there any way?

Thanks in advance

Dhiraj Kaile

Cmon Mates,

No replies? Are we getting slower?

Cmon Mates,

No replies? Are we getting slower?

Check in you gmail settings

there is a tutorial on this topic by hetal in the utstarcom subforum... hit search my friend

Dj -Got the sub forum, but it says that it will continuosly check with network and that means network charges all the time!!

In one discussion regarding the same, Hetal has replied and I quote -

"When EVDO comes then only

as 1x Data call Block Voice Calls, even in Blackberry 1x Data call will block voice call when downloading Mails"

Vishal - I can check e-mail from gmail all right, and I have got my settings all right. What I wanted to enquire is how to be ON 24x7 with minimum charges.

Edited by dkaile

Dj -Got the sub forum, but it says that it will continuosly check with network and that means network charges all the time!!

In one discussion regarding the same, Hetal has replied and I quote -

"When EVDO comes then only

as 1x Data call Block Voice Calls, even in Blackberry 1x Data call will block voice call when downloading Mails"

Vishal - I can check e-mail from gmail all right, and I have got my settings all right. What I wanted to enquire is how to be ON 24x7 with minimum charges.

use UTS@ pair of log in

but even then kalpak; the battery would drain out... i think snappermail on our treo is amazing that way... i use it to fetch mail every 5 minutes and disconnect automatically afterwards... and using uts login hence paying per kb...

To reduce battery consumption, one can try tweaking QPST settings and increase dormant time. But it should not then conflicts with system settings.

@DKALI

How important it is for you to get mail in seconds? is it fine if you check mails every one hour or so? then just configure appropriate mail client to connect every one hour, donwload mails and disconnect.

that way you save battery.

In 1X data call will block voice and vice versa. Even in EDGE. Simultanous is possible in EVDO / WCDMA (3G) only.

I have used Good Mobile Messaging system ( http://www.mailstreet.com/wireless/goodlink.asp ) which works fine on PPC 6700, gives you a Blackberry like service! It requires the MailStreet Hosted Exchange service also.

Currently I use their ActiveSync service ( http://www.mailstreet.com/is/microsoft-active-sync.asp ) which is cheaper and works with Outlook in your PPC. I have Microsoft Direct Push also enabled in PPC 6700, so push mail works really well.