Praveen

Wrong Character Display / RBill / Version

Its RD203F15 (PRL:1)

Mine is

S/W : R23REL08
PRL:1

guess I need an update.

sure, rush to your nearest LG service center for a free upgrade ! :blink:

i have got this weird problem in my LG2030 handset ver15. I had recd a msg in Hindi from a frnd who had a Samsung handset in which they can msg in Hindi as well. I obviously was not able to amend that msg because tht facility is not in Lg handsets. But once i fwded that msg, since then, my handset has been behaving absolutely weirdly! whenever i am typing a msg in the T9 mode some hindi letters get typed instead of English ones! or the msg window gets hung and i have to press the END key to close the msg window and lose all the typed data!

for the last 4 months i have been complaining to R-Cust. Care to switch the RBill application on my handset. They did that in December but am still not able to access it. When i enquired they say, that they have completely switched on the application from their end and if i cant view it, then its a problem with the handset!

Has anyone encountered such a similar problem??

the hindi coming up could only be because those charactors were added to dictionary. which proves one more thing. the lg handsets are able to incorporate language in sms, it just wasnt included with the software....

u can get an update or if ur hand set is upto date then just get it flashed. it will reset the dictionary. so the prob with hindi will be sloved

and if they say tht its the fault of the handset then get them to change the handset. btw i didnt understand wht u meant bout switching ur rbill application on ur handset.... what exactly did u mean?

yeh i'll get that reset soon. Its been quite a problem now!

As far as tht RBILL is concerned, the cust care says that they have switched on the application to show the Bill on my R-World section from their end. And now if i am not able to see it then thts the problem with my handset. They suggested that i go to the nearest LG Service Centre and get it rectified. I think the two problems abt my handset are associated somewhere with each other....

i think i read a post bout some handsets not able to get r-bill. i think arun knows more about it. but i got the handset very early, and i had rbill before i updated the software.... must be some other reason.... try showing it to the service center and if the prob persists then maybe u can get a replacement

Not sure why the RIM Bill option itself isn't showing up in your handset. But I've seen in some handsets that the 'Unbilled Info' (under RIM Bill option) isn't showing up. There is an option for 'View Bill' in Tools menu also. Please check it.

tried tht... still doesn't work. Will update u'll once i find time to visit LG SCentre.

well just to let u'll know, that my R-Bill Menu was giving an error that the bill is not available though the guy at Cust Care said that the bill application was switched on from their end...

The problem i later found was that the Bills from October till date have not been generated for my no. as yet. And hence since the application was switched on only in December, the R-Bill Menu had no bills to show up.. and hence that error persists till date. Well, i enquired abt my bills and i have got a confirmation from RIL that my bill is under process and shall be released on 25th Feb 2004.

As far as that dictionary problem was concerned abt adding of hindi characters, it has been rectified as soon as i got the phone flashed as wht Sunil suggested. The LG Service Center, got my phone reseted and all my contents of the phone were reinserted to the phone back !!

What s**ks big time for me in my handset is tht theres no option for Group msging or an option for Sendin an SMS to many at one stroke... Also the LG Desktop 1.0 doesn't really do anything more than editing the contacts.

Also, the call duration history, automatically on its will, resets without doin anything to it!! Dunno how my total no. of calls reach 100 -500 and then 200 suddenly...

Whts really reqd is a diff duration history for Recd calls and diff history for duration of Dialled Calls...

Moreover, when the clock is switched on, the wallpaper gets cut off frm the top, whts the point!!

There are so many other things tht cud be listed if each of us try and jot down the probs... y not make such a list and send it to the LG Cust Care at helpline@lgmobiles.com such tht they could include all these in their next upgrades...