Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Arun

Consumer Commission Fines Reliance Communications Rs. 5 Lakhs

7 May 2008 - Times News Network

Chandigarh:

The transfer of a mobile phone connection became a bone of contention between a consumer and a telecom company. Finding that it had not been transferred, the UT state consumer commission imposed a heavy fine of Rs 5 lakh as punitive damages on Reliance Communication, Chandigarh.

Accepting the appeal with Rs 10,000 costs, the commission also directed principal officer of Reliance to allot a new number to appellant Hari Chand Gupta with a validity of three years. The commission, headed by justice K C Gupta, observed “we have no other alternative but to deprecate the act and conduct of the respondent (Reliance) in not complying with the order of consumer fora in true spirit and to justify its stand by creating false evidence.”

Nice decision... !!!

I must admit... Reliance communication's advocates have been trained to make consumer suffer in Consumer Court too... as they keep on taking dates. My Dad filed a case in consumer court in May 2005... and later due to his death in 2007, case was transferred in my name. And it's been three years and still no decision... though last hearing was on 17 March 2008 :huh:

And even on last hearing I had requested to go ex-parte as Reliance advocate was again absent... I think what Reliance Advocate strategy in consumer court is to make consumer give up !!!

^^^

Yes my dear Ankur, the culprit have to face the consequencies at last.

BTW, your case with Sify too is a good example.

Regards.

Obviously they want you to give up... and thats exactly the satisfaction you should deny them!

Try and state these delaying tactics very strongly in the court. But it will also depend on the judge... so its a matter of luck also...

Nice decision... !!!

I must admit... Reliance communication's advocates have been trained to make consumer suffer in Consumer Court too... as they keep on taking dates. My Dad filed a case in consumer court in May 2005... and later due to his death in 2007, case was transferred in my name. And it's been three years and still no decision... though last hearing was on 17 March 2008 :huh:

And even on last hearing I had requested to go ex-parte as Reliance advocate was again absent... I think what Reliance Advocate strategy in consumer court is to make consumer give up !!!

Obviously they want you to give up... and thats exactly the satisfaction you should deny them!

Try and state these delaying tactics very strongly in the court. But it will also depend on the judge... so its a matter of luck also...

Nice decision... !!!

Hi,

I am thinking of dragging Reliance to Consumer Court regarding Net connect services. Can you tell me if I will need an advocate in consumer court. Alos can you tell me of instances where Relaince themselves have dragged the customer to court?

Thanks

Raj

i am not aware of any such stipulation for consumer courts.

You can defend yourselves or accuse others but advocates are preferred to understand the severity of the legal issues involved.

While this is the work an advocate do for a living so he can be assumed as an expert while on the other hand you are prosecuting because of the genuine harassement with no legal expertise.

i guess the point is clear now.