Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
papikondalu

Broken Phone - How To?

I bought classic 101 in Jan 2007. For this 1-1/2 years, this phone has worked really well. For the last few days the when I put it on the charger, the phone shows full charge. However, within minutes the phone complains about zero battery charge. I removed the battery and put it back. It starts working a little longer. Once I was removing the battery, i heard a click sound and what I see is the connector from the phone 'mother board' has come off :) GREAT phone quality :)

Now to the point:

-------------------

I want to buy a good low-end (if good and low-end go together) phone. However, since I cannot use *228 to transfer to the new phone, will Webworld help me in getting the phone number transferred? If yes, what are the suggestions for a Rs 3000 and below phones with a RUIM and a PC connectivity?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Regards

-PK

^^^

AFAIK,

The WW will transfer your number to any new handset, even if your old handset is not working. The logic here is that if you lose your handset, then also they are giving you the same number. So also, with a non-working handset, this logic will apply.

Secondly, go in for LG - they are better than Classic. You can choose LG3000 for 1200 to 1300, LG3100 for 1700 apprx. LG3500 for Rs 1400 to 1500 apprx. All these models have good battery life and have reasonably good voice and SMS features. No other features like MP3, Camera etc are available in these models. Some of these have FM also. Thats all. Some price reductions have been made by LG wef 1.6.8, check out with the WW before you buy. Or ask Amit Jain (RCO, Delhi) or P K Daga, (RCO, Chennai). Their phone numbers are listed on this forum. Read any of their posts and you will get their contact details.

Thanks for a quick response.

I'll go to WW to check the LG handsets.

-PK

^^^

AFAIK,

The WW will transfer your number to any new handset, even if your old handset is not working. The logic here is that if you lose your handset, then also they are giving you the same number. So also, with a non-working handset, this logic will apply.

Secondly, go in for LG - they are better than Classic. You can choose LG3000 for 1200 to 1300, LG3100 for 1700 apprx. LG3500 for Rs 1400 to 1500 apprx. All these models have good battery life and have reasonably good voice and SMS features. No other features like MP3, Camera etc are available in these models. Some of these have FM also. Thats all. Some price reductions have been made by LG wef 1.6.8, check out with the WW before you buy. Or ask Amit Jain (RCO, Delhi) or P K Daga, (RCO, Chennai). Their phone numbers are listed on this forum. Read any of their posts and you will get their contact details.

Well as the phone is broken you have no option but to buy a new phone. but as regarding the battery showing full charge, you can just switch off the phone and restart and then charge the phone, the charging begins without any hurdle, this is common problem with some of these chinese phones

There is no such Price Reduction in low end handsets.

Only LG RD 6600 , Sam Max and Sam Dual price reduced.

Well as the phone is broken you have no option but to buy a new phone. but as regarding the battery showing full charge, you can just switch off the phone and restart and then charge the phone, the charging begins without any hurdle, this is common problem with some of these chinese phones

I managed to fix the phone. Opened my classic 101, soldered the battery connector, and the phone is up and working. Looks like a bad soldering by JinPeng manufacturing setup :)

This is a useful exercise for me. Does any of the LG 3xxx phones have a USB connectivity (I can buy the cable from somewhere if it does not come with the cable by default).

Thanks

-PK

LG 3500 and LG 3600 Supports Micro USB port connectivity for Charging and Sync