Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Honest

Nokia Launches The N78 In India

Nokia Launches The N78 in India

Nokia has launched the N78 in India, which comes with a special feature - the 'Location Tagger' application, which automatically tags location data to the picture - allowing users to save pictures by date as well as by geographical coordinates.

img_67761_n78_front.jpg

Additionally, the Nokia N78 will enable consumers to take full advantage of a suite of Nokia services, including the Nokia Maps and integrated A-GPS. The Nokia N78 is expected to retail for approximately Rs. 19,999. With its black surface the Nokia N78 will be available in two stylish colors: cocoa brown and lagoon blue.

"The slim Nokia N78 fuses features in new ways," said Vineet Taneja, Head-GTM, Nokia India. "It features location-tagging, which merges camera functionality and A-GPS to not only share pictures but also the places where they were taken. Users can now store all information about locations they visit using an image and share it online with the world. It also allows the fusion of music, camera and internet, enabling users to generate content right from the palms of their hands."

img_67771_n78_music.jpg

Touted to be the slimmest of Nseries devices with a 2.4 inch screen, the Nokia N78 packs high-speed connectivity via WLAN and HSPDA 3.5G and a 3.2 megapixel camera with Carl Zeiss optics. The N78 comes preloaded with Nokia Maps of 8 cities across the country with points of interest across 52 categories such as bars, cafes, restaurants, hotels and more. Also included is an integrated 3-month navigation license with the device.

"The Nokia N78 carries forward the Nokia Nseries legacy of superior technology combined with a sleek form factor and truly lives up to the Nseries promise of delivering unparalleled mobile multimedia experience with latest technologies and services. It is sure to appeal to consumers who appreciate style and technology in a single compact device," added Taneja.

img_67781_n78_news.jpg

The Nokia N78 will also come with widgets enabled by Web Runtime technology. Combining the power of mobile with the power of the Internet, widgets, such as Weatherbug and RSS feed reader, allow consumers to get quick and easy access to their favorite web content.

The Nokia N78 supports microSD cards currently available up to 8GB, internal speakers and support for standard 3.5mm headphones.

Courtesy : Tech2

No FM Transmitter for Indian N78

When we initially saw Nokia’s N78 back in Feb at GSMA 2008, it was revealed that the handset would be equipped with an FM transmitter so you could easily stream music from you handset into your car stereo via the FM radio receiver. However, we just got the phone for review and I'm sad to report, that the Indian version of the N78 will not feature an FM transmitter in the music player options.

The reason for this being – a few countries, including India consider it illegal to operate radio transmitters without a license. As ridiculous as that may seem, it's quite true. Although the odd thing is there are a few other products in India, like Intex’s EUP-802 FM Modulator that work on the same technology and Sony Ericsson W980 that I recently previewed also came with an FM transmitter option (though it was a test piece and there's no word on whether or not SE would actually incorporate it into the handset when it launches officially) why didn't Nokia include it for us?

Can I use N78 with RIM???????????

^^^

No, my dear friend, you can't use this phone with Reliance. As Reliance works on CDMA technology and this handset is GSM based.

Regards.

Just in case you don't know already… You can now use your FM transmitter on N78. This wasn't available when the handset was launched by Nokia. FM Transmitter allows you to transmit music from the device to the radio over a short distance. There isn’t any wires connecting the two together and it is simple to set up and use. You can tune in your car radio to the frequency set on the N78 and can start the music player as you normally would and music begins to come through the car speakers (or radio speakers).

Cool Gps App On N78

one of the coolest and hassle free symbian app I have come across. It's damn easy and quite instng to tag and upload mutlimedia files. The widget option for Facebook, iGoogle, netvibes and eblogger is even cooler. It's like a mobile social networking concept. anyone interested can visit www.sportstracker.nokia.com to download the app. also if u need any help, you can send in your queries. will be happy to help. my trails - add hyperlink to ur trail on sporstracker.

Just in case you don't know already… :GirandoOjos:

You can now use your FM transmitter on N78. It allows u to transmit music from the device to the radio over a short distance. There isn’t any wires conecting the two together and it is simple to set up and use. You can tune in your car radio to the frequency set on the N78 and can easily play the music playlist on ur phone, which will then transmit the same to the car radio system and boom through the speakers. Takes away the hassle of creating CD’s for fav. numbers.

Here’s a short demo – http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=NjsUNZ1BdWQ

Thats nice, it isn't there in Nokia N82 though, seems to be a N78 only feature.

I read it somewhere that FM transmittor is not there on Indian Model. Please see Nokia's India website and u feel find this. http://www.nokia.co.in/A4891114

Regards

MG

I read it somewhere that FM transmittor is not there on Indian Model. Please see Nokia's India website and u feel find this. http://www.nokia.co.in/A4891114

Regards

MG

Buddy the transmitter is available on Indian version also. And yes you can use it as a normal transmitter.

guys first of all fm transmitter is there on all generic versions of n78

now the catch is dat in some countries goverment has banned this feature which includes india also

so the problem is though d necessary hardware is there but nokia have deactivated by using certain registery modifications in generic models made for india

so ifu buy one in india u wont b able to use the fm transmitter functoin .but there r two ways of getting this feature

1. either purchase this phone from outside india

2.u can use nemesis suite change your product code to some other apac country n reupdate the firmware on your phone .this makes the updater insatll non indian frimware version on your phone so that fm tranmitter is not deactivated and u would have this feature running again

i know this bcoz i wite reviews for nokia phones n i have played with a n78 so i know this

also u cangoogle it and see that fm tranmitter funtion is disabled for indian models

guys first of all fm transmitter is there on all generic versions of n78

now the catch is dat in some countries goverment has banned this feature which includes india also

so the problem is though d necessary hardware is there but nokia have deactivated by using certain registery modifications in generic models made for india

so ifu buy one in india u wont b able to use the fm transmitter functoin .but there r two ways of getting this feature

1. either purchase this phone from outside india

2.u can use nemesis suite change your product code to some other apac country n reupdate the firmware on your phone .this makes the updater insatll non indian frimware version on your phone so that fm tranmitter is not deactivated and u would have this feature running again

i know this bcoz i wite reviews for nokia phones n i have played with a n78 so i know this

also u cangoogle it and see that fm tranmitter funtion is disabled for indian models

But sir the second method i think will void the warranty. Also on nokia india website it states we will get the transmitter function.

Edited by sohail

i know it states on the website but bro its not there u can go n pick up any n78 made for generic version of india n you will find this feature disabled

also as far as voiding warranty is concerned its simple after u load your n78 with a non indian firmware just use nemesis again n change your product code to indian one

i have been changing my prodct codes since a very long time to get firmware upgrades( it takes a very long time for indian codes to get an update)what i do is after i update my device i use nemesis n change back my product code to indian version so if need arises i get my warranty

to give you an example i had purchsed n958gb from here i changed ts product code to euro1 to get an update and after my update i changed it back to my original code all with the help of nemesis...just recently my screen went bad but i had 4 mnths warranty left n i had already put back my original product code before so i got my phone repaired uder warranty nmo probs whatsoever

Is FM transmitter available on N95?

no bro its not there in n95 .....its a hardware feature

it is there on n78 n will b in n85 n n79

ok just recently the indian government has approved the use of fm transmitter ........so from today the latest firmware version of n78 version 12 will enable this feature

so if u have a n78 which runs on previous versions just upgrade to ver 12 n u will find this feature activated

and if you already had upgraded to ver 12 prior to this u can use phoenix tools to install the current ver 12 again n get the feature enabled