Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tanveer

Bitpim For Gtran

Guys i am a complete novice at this, though i have been around for quite sometime, i still havent the faintest of idea what bitpim is and what it can be used for. is it only for RD2030? is it safe to use it to access the phone files? can it be used for GTRAN and for what all purposes

BitPIM is a personal imformation manager (PIM), just like any other phone to pc syncs s/w

the only thing special about it is that it works with RD2030 and can edit the phone's filesystem.

i really dont know wheather it'll work with grtan.

but i am sure that it wont cauz any harm to the phone, as long as u dont delete any files stroed in the phone.

hi there tanveer - i successfully connected the GTRAN and could get a look at the filesystem with BitPim - not much luck in toying around with the phonebook, ringtones, etc.. but not very inclined to try it also bcoz the gtran software is good enough for that.

What else can we do with bitpim? any pointers?

probably we can try and add some java/brew applications and games to the phone coz thats the only thing which cannot be customized using the cable and gtran sync s/w

how can i add new java software... i managed to download the rworld jar files ... will inspect them for more internals... :quest:

is there someway to active the built in wap broswer instead of jbrowser (the RSurf option on rworld)?

please tell how to connect Gtran using bitpim as i dont have sinc sw for gtran and also unable to get from anywhere not even from net , please reply