Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
@v@nit

Cook Your Own Rom

The latest installer can always be downloaded at http://ppckitchen.org/downloads/buildos.msi.

1) Download and run the installer.

2) Install to the default location.

3) After installation you should run the Updater found at Start->Programs->PPCKitchen->Updater.

4) Install all updates related to BuildOS and your device (For Mogul I Recommend to select 000_Shareware.rar, PPCGeeks_OEM.rar and Titan_3.49_WM6.1.rar as most of us are already on Sprint Leaked 3.49 Rom or Hetal's G ROM and in that case we need to build Rom with kitchen compatible with new radio). This step is important because the BuildOS installer does not contain a kitchen for any devices. They are all obtained through the Updater.

5) Now you're ready to run BuildOS. Start->Programs->PPCKitchen->BuildOS.

6) You will be greeted with a login screen. If you have a PPCGeeks username, enter it with a new password. If you don't have a PPCGeeks username, enter the name you usually use for chat or email with a new password.

7) Next you will see a dialog box asking you for a project file. Choose the one for your device.

8) BuildOS will now open the main window and you can begin choosing your options.

9) When you're done selecting the items you'd like in your ROM, press the play button and wait for the build to complete.

10) Now follow the onscreen instructions to flash the ROM to your device.

Warning! Incorrect Rom can Brick your Device. Suggested for advance users only.

Disclaimer: Try @ your own Risk, No Liability taken for any Problem arise from above steps.

Edited by abc2005

Great Post, once again, ABC.

thats really helpful for every one ABC.. nice work and good interest in posting this :GirandoOjos:

Just some info needed. I am on 3.35 Radio. What happens in my case if I want to build up a ROM?

I am waiting to upgrade to 3.49 radio once Sprint officially releases it for its customers because as of now only 3.35 ROM is officially available on Sprint's site. Talk about good CC from Sprint (very unlike our Reliance which never once released a update for my previous 6700).

I was doing this. I'm not getting Reliance India option in the drop down. Does anyone has any clue?

Just some info needed. I am on 3.35 Radio. What happens in my case if I want to build up a ROM?

I am waiting to upgrade to 3.49 radio once Sprint officially releases it for its customers because as of now only 3.35 ROM is officially available on Sprint's site. Talk about good CC from Sprint (very unlike our Reliance which never once released a update for my previous 6700).

Hi Dhiraj

All Steps are same Just select "Titan_3.35_WM6.rar" in Place of "Titan_3.49_WM6.1.rar" in step 4.

I think you will have to load Sprint's option as default and later on manually add Hetals Extended ROM. When your ROM boots for first time and it says 3 second to load extended ROM, reset your PPC and dont let the extended ROM load. Load extended rom from Hetals Ext ROM and you will be OK.

I was doing this. I'm not getting Reliance India option in the drop down. Does anyone has any clue?

Hi Vishal,

As for now Cook your rom with Sprint and after loding this ROM to your device, you need to install Hetal's Extended ROM.

I am looking to add Reliance India in option, but looks like for that we need to prepare customised kitchen.

Once done I will definatly update this post.

Edited by abc2005

@ abc2005 : no ABC we can bring thei Reliance as carrier in dropdown...for that we have to chnage some xml file.. now iam in office and i cant share it,.. once i reach home i will surely post it here...just wait for some more hours.....

also inspite of those default logos we can add any other picture...i dont remmeber the flder name just wait for some hours i will soon reply back..

anyhow we have to use hetals extended ROM for REL setting Rworld R connect settings..

Edited by harismahesh

Add your custom logos to these two folders Animations/240x320 and SplashImages/240x320 in the BuildOS folder.

Ensure that the images are of 240x320 ratio though.

Edited by Anupe

add the attached file to the folder of ppckitchen..

take drive in which ppc kitchen installed..open it :: PPCkitchen.org\BuildOS . now paste the txt file. and now open the application Reliance will come in dropdown

BuildOS_config.txt

Please also recommend something for S720 procedure to cook rom.

I want to know the process of cooking a ROM for Touch also.

Thanks.

:)

@Saurav

first u have original reliance rom for S720

I want to know the process of cooking a ROM for Touch also.

Thanks.

:)

Hi MG,

For Touch All Steps are same Just select "Vogue_WM6.1_GPS_3.02.rar" in Place of "Titan_3.49_WM6.1.rar" in step 4.

When I am open build os this kind of error message shown "The application failed to initialize properly(0xc0000135).Click on ok to terminate the application." I am download this build os file from ppc more than 3time each time i face same problem what is the reason please help.

Edited by vijaymalhotra_2007

did u give a different password when u firstly open the BuildOS..Username should be same password should be different

@Hari

What can i do now

uninstall register in thier website as a new user and follow the step mentioned by them

When I am open build os this kind of error message shown "The application failed to initialize properly(0xc0000135).Click on ok to terminate the application." I am download this build os file from ppc more than 3time each time i face same problem what is the reason please help.

Download and install .NET Framework 2.1 SP1. Problem will get resolved.

add the attached file to the folder of ppckitchen..

take drive in which ppc kitchen installed..open it :: PPCkitchen.org\BuildOS . now paste the txt file. and now open the application Reliance will come in dropdown

This works fine. I do get the drop down option. Now do I need to run Hetal's Extended ROM? I have the reliance rom now. run as whole or just a specific file?

^^^

Yes still you need to install Hetals Extended Rom

Download and install .NET Framework 2.1 SP1. Problem will get resolved.

Thanks abc i am successfully open the buildos i am download the .net framework

U need reliance extended ROM to get connection of R Connect R World and REL seetings Certifications and all

I have downloaded the BuildOS... installed it... and then when im updating it, I had selected the options which were suggested by abc in the first post, since the past half an hour, and it is still getting updated... it is updating slowly in the file "PPCGeeks_OEM.rar"...

Does it normally take so much time??