Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
lokeshsapre

Lg Linkstarter Problem In Rd7230

Hi guys... need a help. I have purchased LG RD 7230. I installed the softwares and the drivers that came in the CD as per the instructions given in the pdf manuals. My LG Desktop 1.0 application is working perfectly..and can syncronize my phonebook with PC..add tasks etc and all.. but my LG Link Starter software is NOT WORKING ;) ... after selecting the COM port...when i click on the read phone item button..and after entering username/password....i get an winows error message box (it says send error report n all to microsoft..and describestechno **** about the problem) and the software shuts down... so does the phone. :o .....My OS is WIN XP.

Does anyone knows why I am facing this prob? I tried installing software on other machiens as well..(all XP)..but same result :unexp: ....

I have attached the error msg box

post-6-1090911786_thumb.jpg

try changing the properties of the link starter executable file ... change it to make it run in a windows 98 environment ... just give it a try and c if it works :o right click on the exe file, goto properties, goto the compatibility option and change it to windows 98 ... jus give it a shot ... thats how one of our users made R Conenct work in windows 2003 ;)

Try following:

Right-Click on "My computer" on Desktop

or simply press <Win> Key + <Pause/Break> key

goto "Advanced" tab and click on "Error Reporting" button

select "Disable Error Reporting"

click on "OK", then again click on "OK"

now try to open ur software.

mahi....thanks for the suggestion. I did that ysdya evening and it worked...trasferred files etc and all... but later afatr I shut off the dialog box and tried statrting again..it didnt work :D .... I again reinstalled the software using the method that u had suggested but still its not working any more :confuse: ..... am at wits end...does this prob occur in win xp?

vishal..that suggestion of urs is also not working..coz what it does is that it just removes the error box...nothign esle. rest remains the same..

hey ... is the prob still occurring ? i have a software called print master pro ... i run it in this compatibility mode ... but when i shut it down, it still remains in memory ... so i either have to restart or open the task panel (Ctrl + Alt + Del), search for the program and shut it down before opening it again ... this could be ur problem ... probably it hasnt gone from memory :confuse: so did u try it out after restarting ? also make sure its not starting during startup ... ALL the BEST !!!

nahi mahi..its still not working.... when I select compatability option and later select the port...the pop up doesn't show me any ports listed. So I agaion have to revert back to select compatability for xp or win 2000 to see the listed ports. Even while selecting 2000 i still get the same error. I am kinda confused on how it worked ysday and its not working today at all. Btw..do u have any idea on bitpim....does it work for 7230..coz its not working for me.