Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Saurav

Disadvantages of Gtran

Many in this forum have said that GTran rocks but I say that GTran is a rock. I have used this phone for last 15 days and have found following disadvantages:

Handset Features:

1. Phone book is not easily accessible.

2. It displays wrong name when 2 numbers are added for same name.

3. SMS text appears distorted.

RWorld:

1. Lesser number of applications available when compared LG 2030.

2. Ring tones can’t be saved from Rworld.

3. Inbox of MMS can be opened only by few better dependent upon luck.

PC Sync Software:

1. PC configuration required not well defined. Works fine on 1 out of 20 PC. Again on your luck.

After Sale Service:

1. No authorized service centre available in India.

2. No insurance for handset.

3. GTran website never answers a query.

I think my decision to upgrade from LG 2030 was wrong. I have wasted my Rs 8651/-. If any one else is thinking of upgrading to GTran think twice before finalizing. B)

Good points.

Its helpful to get both sides ...

PS:

It gives a whole new meaning to 'between a ROCK and a hard place'! B)

Handset Features:

1. Phone book is not easily accessible.

>>Yes i too agree with that, no doubt it is!

2. It displays wrong name when 2 numbers are added for same name.

>>not noticed though i have names with two or more numbers, i dont think it has happened with me

3. SMS text appears distorted.

>>when and under what conditions

this again has not occured with me

can u be a little more specific

RWorld:

1. Lesser number of applications available when compared LG 2030.

>>this is a valid point, but i guess when they come up with newer versions of this phone, they will take care of this thing

2. Ring tones can’t be saved from Rworld.

>>as i told earlier more than a month ago it was possible, so it can be a temporary problem

by the way who would want to save those lousy ringtones when u acn doenload midis

3. Inbox of MMS can be opened only by few better dependent upon luck.

>>yeah i too am having problems opening MMS inbox. they should do something about it.

PC Sync Software:

1. PC configuration required not well defined. Works fine on 1 out of 20 PC. Again on your luck.

>>me and my 3 friends had no problem at all installing the software

After Sale Service:

2. No insurance for handset.

3. GTran website never answers a query.

>>I sent a query to their website and it was answered by some Ganesh, it was regarding the battery, though it did not help much but the reply was prompt

I think my decision to upgrade from LG 2030 was wrong. I have wasted my Rs 8651/-. If any one else is thinking of upgrading to GTran think twice before finalizing.

>>as for me i am happy with this phone, camera is a waste though.

i think there are many issues with GTRAN handsets:

1. Ring tones are not being saved.

2. The text in the input fields is shown half inside and half outside the rectangular box meant for it (on all the sites).

3. MMS Inbox not opening.

4. No option to send pictures taken from camera thru MMS.

5. ICICI bank option not available.

6. PC connectivity problem with some people (inclusing me!).

and many more....

I think all the GTRAN owners should write to Reliance collectively to solve the problems.

Has anybody upgraded from LG RD2030 to GTRAN? don't you think the interface, the colour combination and GUI is a **** compared to the LG one?

the sms application in GTRAN is horrible - the one in LG is much better. Moreover, the eventhough the phone has over 1 Mb memory u can save only 17 msgs in inbox as opposed to 60 (30inbox+30archive) in LG. This phone could benefit from an upgrade in software.

I am more satisfied with the Rwrold on gtran then on the LG moonlight. The moonlight doesnt have enough memory and doesnt load many applications. The gtran works like a charm.

The biggest advantages are RUIM, ringtones and the colour LCD.

;) Ha Ha Ha!!

Atleast I found someone else who is as equally UNsatisfied with GTRAN as I am... Buddy my deepest sympathies... ^_^

Buddy I also have similar problems with GTRAN, that I bought majorly because of praises seen elsewhere on the forums, but just like you I did not bother to look for the negative side before buying (actually there was no way to find those before hand, as Web World ppl dont any handset Demo anymore, especially for GTRAN.

All they have are dummies for Samsung/LG sets.

I have been using GTRAN since few days. Mine experience was not upto the mark, especially after getting so positive reviews by some other members, who I believe are lucky ones, I had a lot of expectations frm GTRAN, maybe...

I have summarized my experiences here. So anyone who is THINKING of buying this one, should consider this to get the other side of the coin...

As far as the negative points are concerned, if someone has justifying answers to these problems, it would be great, since that will reduce the dissatisfying aspects, and can help usget some solution to the issues.

1. Network reception is NOT GOOD with GTRAN. (for me atleast, have compared with both the LG and Samsung b/w)

2. Battery falls flat within 2 hours talk time.

3. Even in standby mode, does not lasts longer than 7-8 hours

4. Using the provided Handsfree Kit is a pain! (is real complex to handle, and the wire from earpiece to phone is way less than 2 feet!!!) [more details - http://www.rimweb.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1323]

5. When you have to send a message, it asks some thousand questions before sending it... :angry: and you cant disable those....

6. SMS gets wrapped in between the words (e.g. 'hello' at the end of a line may cut in 2 parts as:

.......hel

lo.....

7. SMS memory is too less (17 messages max)

8. Using the phonebook is a pain. It takes a long time to show a number

9. Phonebook is buggy, messes up when 2 numbers are provided in the same name

10. Ringtone volume is too low, (since the ringer speaker is inside the flip, the sound gets suppressed, samsung ringtones are much louder)

11. Camera (an out of question option) Resolution is real bad (atleast dont buy with camera if you do buy)

12. Color resolution might appear good at the first look, but actually, the display is old standard (UFB) and goes black in sunlight.

13. The handsfree kit is buggy. So you cant use the handsfree kit when the flip is closed. (for e.g. when the flip is closed, and you have a missed call, the answer button does not work)

14. The phone gets too Hot (too hot to handle?? :P ) while talking for more than a few minutes.

15. Many R-World apps dont work with GTRAN (atleast as of now!)

16. Easy SMS with dictionary (how to add a word???) and easy access to symbols is not that easy :angry:

17. After sales service?

So I suggest you all to consider both the views and then judge yourself.

After Sale Service:

I was running behind RIM Customer care for the network issues...

And hey, here I found one Authorized Service Center for GTRAN.

Its in Delhi, and here goes the address:

----------------------------------------------------------------

Ucom Technologies Pvt Ltd,

45, 1st floor, Corner Mkt,

Malviyda Nagar,

New Delhi

Contact#: 33175473

Contact Person: Rupinder Singh Sehgal

----------------------------------------------------------------

This info is as per reliance customer care, THEREFORE I still have to confirm this by calling those guys tomorrow ^_^

Shall confirm all of you know if this is valid... or as expected by us all... ;)

Well the answer for all these is "Learn To Live with Inconvineinces" ;) i was having headaches and headaches with a 7130.most latest software after a gap of 10 months and latest battery has given me hope.

thanks a lot Ajit for finding the authorized center. Is it for real, did u go there? or did u talk? how competent do they seem, will they be able to help with our problems?

I was running behind RIM Customer care for the network issues...

And hey, here I found one Authorized Service Center for GTRAN.

Its in Delhi, and here goes the address:

Thru them, do try to get the list of service centers in other cities as well.. Wud help the rest of the members then!

Hi Chirag,

Yes I will do that, for sure :P , but till now I was unable to contact those guys, their phone number is always out of reach. Being a RIM number, this is just ok :) , so I will wait till tomorrow before visiting them. I am just trying to confirm before visiting, as they are around 40KM away from my place.

Another reason for my delay in answering was that I was quite busy with getting my RIM services in shape. Everyone who has recently upgraded handset, please take a look at this forum and let me know if you too faced this problem...

A few days back I complained about handset some people thought it’s really bad. No it’s not so. If you analyze my complaints deeply u will find that these are all related with software.

All it requires is a software upgrade but it will be available only if all of us complain. Let the authorities be aware only then they will find a solution.

If u compare price tag and features then this is the best handset offered by Reliance till date.

yeah i agree with u. I was never too impressed neither was i swayed by your negative opinions about this phone, but yes i agree that with this price it is probably the best option. The phone is really good. It is popular in Korea, US , New Zealand. It badly needs an upgrade!

Yes friends, the above GTRAN Auth Center info is absolutely correct...

I called them up and they have suggested me to get my Handset replaced from a Webworld... to fix up the network issues....

And guess what :rolleyes: - GTRAN stock is almost finished thru out India... So no replacement possible yet... I have to live with this "Gayab" network connectivity... This is getting interesting... -_-

Regdng software and other centers list, the person to whom I talked did not have enuff info, so he has asked me to call him up again in a day or 2... will do that and update you again....