Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
KumaarShah

Fly Launches Dual Sim Handsets

purchased fly v 80 today from rpg cellucom chennai for 4499 rs will post review after using it

Thanks for the review. Can you tell me if this phone supports 3-way conferencing (with reliance)? Reliance offers an inbuilt 3-way conferencing facility ie if iam talking to person A and wish to add person B to our conversation, i just need to press options->add another call->dial the number of person B->press 3 and "call" button. this will enable all three (person A person B and the caller to talk to each other at same time)

will appreciate your response as i am planning to buy this phone.

Hi, many people are waiting for a review on Fly B720 Duo (CDMA+GSM). So here it is:

Presently dual sim phones available in Indian markets are Spice D-88n, Samsung Duo(Tata Indicom only) and now Fly B-720. And off course we have great Chinese phones but without warranty.

I bought Fly B720 Duo about a week ago for Rs 8600. I find it to be a good phone till now!!. You can use two sim cards simultaneously, one GSM (Airtel, Idea etc ) and other CDMA (Reliance , TATA indicom etc)

The phone operates in four modes

1. CDMA+GSM

2. CDMA only

3. GSM only

4. Flight mode (phone is on but there is no transmission or reception, used

in flights for music or videos )

Good Points:

-Great looks

-Good signal reception

-Good and large screen. Good clarity (2.4” QVGA 262K TFT)

-Supports MP3, 3GP and MP4. Has audio and video players.

-Pre-fed internet settings for major networks including TATA and Reliance.

-Web browser

-Good speaker

-Has separate buttons for calling from CDMA or GSM network. Just select a

no. and push CDMA or GSM button to call directly from the desired network.

- Expandable memory to 2GB

- Bundled data cable and head set

-Faster Bluetooth

- Pressing # shows video on full screen.

Some hitches:

-No themes

-Camera quality not great. Considerable delay from pressing button to picture actually being taken.

Bad performance indoors and in dark. No flash.

-Does not support making folders for music and videos.

-I could not figure out how to install applications. Does it support them????

-Poorly written user manual. The manual does not even has basic specifications of the phone. It does not even

specify what audio or video formats are supported.

Overall a good phone and a good value for money. I will give it a 7/10 .

For detailed technical specification visit http://www.flyphone.in/products/b720.html

thnks for the review........anybody can write a review for v80i.....

DO NOT GO FOR FLY Even high end phone like B720 do not have java :(

the battery is 700amh

it ****s... i bought one on 7th aug from hotspot, thank god the micro sd did not supported 2Gb an i was able to get it replaced with spic D88n

after reading some post here i am planing to change it further to c810 as my main concern is battery life , email and fm

what do the experts have to say...

i will have to do this by tomorrow evening.

reply soon to make ur reply worthy for me

Fly B720 has a 1030 mAh battery still it doesn't last more than 1.5 days. it has no Java and you can't install any applications or themes. Still its worthy choice of a CDMA+GSM option.

Thanks for the review. Can you tell me if this phone supports 3-way conferencing (with reliance)? Reliance offers an inbuilt 3-way conferencing facility ie if iam talking to person A and wish to add person B to our conversation, i just need to press options->add another call->dial the number of person B->press 3 and "call" button. this will enable all three (person A person B and the caller to talk to each other at same time)

will appreciate your response as i am planning to buy this phone.

It does have an option to call two numbers from same CDMA sim and then put both on conference with you. but before buying do check out with your sim. And check out the battery backup. Its less.

@Imran Khan

Call conference facility is from service provider.I think it not depend on your mobile phone.

Hi, many people are waiting for a review on Fly B720 Duo (CDMA+GSM). So here it is:

Presently dual sim phones available in Indian markets are Spice D-88n, Samsung Duo(Tata Indicom only) and now Fly B-720. And off course we have great Chinese phones but without warranty.

Dear Friends,

Kindly don't forget Samsung 2ON which is the best dual mode handset available in India.

Hmm, Spice may be full of issues..

But they are smart, they give 2 batteries.

Atleast a person needs Dual with battery life if not anything else.