Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
adi123

Wrong Information Given By Customer Care

This was my email content...

Subject: How are sales generated through existing customers or advertisements?

Respected Mr. Anil Ambani

I have been using your Reliance Global calling card for a year and I am extremely satisfied with the product. I have never contacted your customer care department as I have never faced any problems till 18th of June 2008. Unfortunately on 22nd June 2008 I was really upset with the services of your customer care representatives, show room executives, help line & managers.

I had an amount of approx. Rs 400 plus balance still left in my mobile phone. The validity was going to expire on the 18th of June 2008.

I called customer care before the 18th and asked them how many days grace period I had left. They said 15 days in which I would have to get my cell renewed or else the amount will get lapsed.

I went on the 22nd of June 2008 to get my mobile validity renewed.

I have been using Reliance Global calling card for nearly a year from which I can make only ISD calls to my sister & brother in law who reside in the US.

When I went there they told me the validity & amount had lapsed when I still was in the grace period.

They told me the card had two validities. I was not aware of this and neither had any of your customer care people informed me when I inquired with them somewhere before the 18Th of June 2008. Had they informed me I would have immediately got my cell renewed.

Your customer care people should have paid more attention to my question I had asked them around 18th of June 2008.

The question I had asked them was, “I have a Global calling card & its validity will expire on the 18th of June 2008 what is the grace period?”

Answer I received was “15 days”.

They could have given me a much better reply by saying,

“Your validity will expire on the 18th of June and you have a grace period of 15 days but please keep in mind that if the main validity is not renewed before the expiry date (which I am still not aware of) then your total money will elapse within this grace period of 15 days. So I suggest you get it renewed today itself. Is there anything else I can help you with?

This process would have hardly taken 10 min. He/ She could have asked, ‘may I please have your phone number’, which would have been fed in the computer to give the exact balance & validity of the cell. After that the correct and precise information would have been shared with the customer and not led to any misunderstanding, harassment etc. The customer on the other hand would not only be satisfied but also delighted. Why? Because the customer care rep was not trying to sell him anything but educate him and also retain a customer.

Later I spoke to your helpline number and asked them if they could resolve the problem. Their immediate reply was “NO COMPANY POLICY”I am sorry to say that it seems the company does not value its existing customers.

If you have satisfied & delighted customers it will generate sales automatically and you would not have to spend money on advertisements, endorsements, salesmen merchandising or for that matter customer care.

Advertisements and other sales promotion activities would only then become a means of providing information to people of new product launches by the company.

Sir the loss of rupees four hundred is not hurting me but it is the attitude of the employees of not wanting to help or retain the customers which is.

Sir I don’t mind spending 1000 rupees on something where I see my money has been used wisely but if I am cheated by even two rupees it hurts a lot. I work very hard for my salary. I am not begging but trying to bring to your attention how India’s No. 1 company can improve customer satisfaction with a little bit of feedback which it receives from its existing customers.

Reliance has started its business from scrap and it is now one of top companies in Forbes Magazine which I & every Indian admires & is proud of.

You spend crores of money in customer care but they still give wrong information & it is the customer who is made to suffer. Then what is the meaning of customer care?

I have lost at least Rs400 plus harassment from the one of India's most recognized company. I have argued with them for hours with the staff but they seem to enjoy the customer leaving the office dissatisfied and hurt.

They only want new sales.

They are not bothered about their existing customers. They want me to beg in front of them.

I also know that you might never read what I have written as you are an extremely busy man and have such a big Empire to run

Regards

Aditya Agrawal

Adityaji, we are with you.

Edited by dhenkuu

I agree with u, most of the times they gives wrong information. They shy to inform us they dont know correct answer instead they say some wrong info, also they dont want to chk with their superiors for correct answers because it will give a bad impression on them. So they put us in hold and act like chking with superiors and give us a wrong info.

We should blame the one who recruits these CC's. On the other hand the website is not being updated regularly, if it was happening properly and all info are available then they can reduce more than 50% CC calls from customers.

The very much cares the existing customers a lot, u know how they cares ?

making the existing customer subscribe to mytunes, news, astro, sms packs etc..

When we have some complaint they will neither call us nor respond. but they regularly call and beg us to activate packs or services like astro, news, friendship, chat, cricket, sms, mytunes and more....

i am getting 3-4 calls every month asking me to activate mytunes, everytime i use to tell them i am not at all interested and dont call me again, but they still do..

once i received an automated call and informed "activate news pack for 25/month and get all headlines in ur phone everyday" - any one hearing this will think u will get news as sms everyday on mobile and activated. after activation i got a message saying call one number like 5123456 to know the news at Re1/min. so 25 per month and usage charges also, if we use 1 min everyday then monthly more than 50Rs. it was my mistake to activating a service without know more about it. so i planned to deactivate the pack. i called up customer care on the same day of activation and requested to deactivate, they said it will be done but i will be charged 25 even for using it less than a day since these are one time service charges and not based on monthly usage. see how they are making money. they will not give full information before activation.

My friend is a running a prepaid star outlet. he is running the business in a market and 90% of his customers are labors who dont know english. these reliance people call those customers and tell some thing in english and ask them to press some button to activate services like, news, astro, cricket, mytunes etc.. these customers who could not understand what it is and press the button thinking if not pressed connection will be cut. they recharges their account for only 10Rs, 20Rs etc.. and even that is lost by pressing buttons when they gets unwanted calls. so this clears that ambani's dream is to give cell phone to even poor, labors and get money out of every indian.

if we activate do not disturb, they are taking 45 days to register because since then they plan to collect as much as possible from us.

and more to say about them....

Adityaji, RIMWEB is a independent forum, not affiliated to RCom. So no one can help you here.

But still we are with you. And regarding your problem, plz try to contact your Nodal Officer.

Dear dhenkuu,

adi123 is not telling us, he is informing us what he mailed to reliance.

Edited by savramesh

@aditya,

You have given a very accurate description of your complaint. Hope ADA or RCOM reads it and takes some action. It is indeed unfortunate that since your main account expired, your Global calling account also was forcibly expired and that too without basic courtesy of informing you.

It is indeed sad to read from ramesh's post above how poor labourers' are exploited of their hard earned money in this manner. It is also sad that almost all telecom companies operate in this manner nowadays and TRAI is only sleeping happily without bringing in regulations to prevent such things.

A more reasonable option in such, 'number-pressing-and-activation-on' would be for these telecom companies to call back the subscriber and ask for their specific permission to activate so and so services. This way, wrong press of numbers can also be reversed and goodwill of customers earned.

But I doubt it if RCOM will ever take the initiative in this regard. They only want to show the highest ARPUs at any cost.

All the best to you, aditya agarwal. Hope you will post here the responses you receive from ADA/RCOM.

Dear dhenkuu,

adi123 is not telling us, he is informing us what he mailed to reliance.

Sorry, I have not seen the first line. Actually the large font created the problem.

Edited by dhenkuu

This is a problem which is experienced with Customer Care executives with all the operators. I've bad experience with TATA officers many times. While they didn't know the answer, they tried to act smart by baffling me into wrong information. Now I have resorted to writing e-mail directly to the Nodal Officer. This helps.

Actually, the Customer Care executives are not from the company directly, but are outsourced. They are poorly paid, don't have any credibility, and can be fired from the service by the company at any moment.

This is a problem which is experienced with Customer Care executives with all the operators. I've bad experience with TATA officers many times. While they didn't know the answer, they tried to act smart by baffling me into wrong information. Now I have resorted to writing e-mail directly to the Nodal Officer. This helps.

Actually, the Customer Care executives are not from the company directly, but are outsourced. They are poorly paid, don't have any credibility, and can be fired from the service by the company at any moment.

i completely agree that Reliance has one of the wost customer care people, for the last 4 days i have been calling them for a request and they always tell me that the system in down and call after 30 mins, how stupid is that how can the system be down for the last 4 days!!!!

I completely agree with u all. Reliance has the worst customer care. whenever u call them & u tell them take down my complaint at that time they will give u such stupid reason that server is not working, my system is down. But when u call them & give your details at that time they would take details from you & check for the same in their system but as soon as you tell them to take complaint they start fooling you.

I dont understand what TRAI and our government is doing as majority of the customers are facing this problem with their respective service providers. There should be some higher authority who would help we customer against the injustice done by the service providers & help us & get the issue resolved.

I too agree with you all. The CCs of rcom are not aware of their plans and services. even not up to date of technology. They dont know what is WAP!!!!!!!

Surfing through opera, what is that? !!!!!! As their view surfing can only be done by through PC only.

I had many experiences of their false messages.

2 days back i also post on rcom CC behaviour.

The worst Customer care means reliance itself and not only reliance all other opertors CC are also acts same.

they dont have time for customers.

I am still facing call divertion issue for which i made 6 complains till date in just days

they are much b*****ds than any sarkari babu's