Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Puneet

Acer Aspire One

m planning to inc its ram . should i go for 2 gb or 4 gb ?

m planning to inc its ram . should i go for 2 gb or 4 gb ?

The max RAM you can have onboard AAO is 1.5 GB.

For Lenovo S10 its 2 GB. It's a limitation cause of the motherboard designed for Intel Atom Processors.

I think one should go for lenovo s10 instead of Acer Aspire one.... lenovo has a bigger screen, bigger harddrive etc....and i think is more value for money....

In both AAO and S10 the max RAM upgradable is 1.5 GB. 512MB has been soldered to the motherboard and and there is only 1 DIMM socket, and that also can only be accessed after opening the notebook by a professional (but I have done it). So no sense upgrading. People have tried using 2 GB RAM but that is also accessible only as 1 GB.

Performance is fantastic as it is, with 1 Gb RAM...

S10 can be a good alternative, but their build quality is not outstanding as was expected from IBM (Lenovo) .... Also the build quality of this Acer One is much better than normally expected from Acer... and the price is 5000/- more.... u can buy a lot of things for 5K...

well after reading commnets from you guys even i m tempted to buy AAO.....will find out more aout it

In both AAO and S10 the max RAM upgradable is 1.5 GB. 512MB has been soldered to the motherboard and and there is only 1 DIMM socket, and that also can only be accessed after opening the notebook by a professional (but I have done it). So no sense upgrading. People have tried using 2 GB RAM but that is also accessible only as 1 GB.

512 is soldered in the motherboard and one DIMM slot in S10 can hold 2 GB RAM chip. So total 2.5 GB. But the system detects a maximum of 2 gb only. It is extremely easy to upgrade RAM in LENOVO S10. See the video here:

Link

AAO has its own good things. Now the consumers have more options to choose from. :GirandoOjos:

Yes Sonam, u are right, S10 has user upgradable ram and hdd whereas AspireOne does not have this.

http://www.laptopmag.com/uploadedImages/Mu...o_S10_0269g.jpg

Technical Specifications

Lenovo IdeaPad S10

http://www.lenovo.com/us

CPU 1.6-GHz Intel Atom N270

RAM Included 1GB

RAM Upgradable To 1.5GB

Hard Drive Size 160GB

Hard Drive Speed 5,400rpm

Hard Drive Type SATA Hard Drive

Optical Drive Type

Optical Drive Speed

Display Size (inches) 10.2

Native Resolution 1024x600

Graphics Card Intel 945GSE Express

Video Memory 64MB

Wi-Fi 802.11b/g

Bluetooth Bluetooth 2.1

Mobile Broadband

Operating System MS Windows XP Home

Ports (excluding USB) Ethernet;Headphone;Kensington Lock;Microphone;VGA

USB Ports 2

Card Slot(s) 4-1 card reader;ExpressCard

Warranty/Support One year parts and labor (system battery: one year)

Size 9.8 x 7.2 x 1.1 inches

Weight 2.6 pounds

Test Results

PCMark05 1436

3DMark03 574

LAPTOP Battery Test (hours) 2:38

Boot Time (seconds) 49 seconds

Wireless Performance (15/50 feet) 19.9/19.1 Mbps

Size and Weight Chart

(inches and pounds) Screen Size Measurements Weight

HP Mini 1000 10.2 10.3 x 6.6 x 1.0 2.4

ASUS Eee PC 1000H 10 10.5 x 7.5 x 1.5 3.2

MSI Wind 10 10.2 x 7.1 x 0.7 2.6

Lenovo IdeaPad S10 10.2 9.8 x 7.2 x 1.1 2.6

ASUS Eee PC S101 10.2 10.3 x 7.0 x 0.7 2.4

Samsung NC10 10.2 10.3 x 7.3 x 1.2 2.8

ASUS Eee PC 901 8.9 8.9 x 6.7 x 1.3 2.6

Dell Inspiron Mini 9 8.9 9.1 x 6.8 x 1.3 2.3

Acer Aspire one 8.9 9.8 x 6.7 x 1.4 2.4

Edited by dkaile

I have studied today all the 9 models mentioned in my above post and

MY VERDICT - Acer Aspire One is still the best compared the price and specifications...

HP has launched a new netbook HP Mini 1000 with Intel Atom 1.6 Processor.

http://www.engadget.com/2008/10/29/hp-mini-1000-hands-on/

For India launch please google "India Mini-note 1000".

It looks the best netbook so far. :)

Regards,

MG

Read the full review of the Mini1000 here http://www.laptopmag.com/reviews/laptops/h...windows-xp.aspx

Though it has the best keypad in the Netbooks, but it doesn’t have as many ports as some competing netbooks. While the system features ONLY two USB ports, and a ONLY 2-in-1 memory card reader, and also NO VGA; & only 60GB HDD. Also it has only a combo mic/headphone jack, rather than one dedicated to each.

AND I still think it will be priced around 26K and therefore Acer AspireOne wins...

Edited by dkaile

One interesting post I read-

New member...new Aspire1

Post by - JohnnyMac on Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:16 pm

Well, after long debates on which netbook I should get, I was finally sold on the AA1 thanks to it's keyboard mainly and it's gorgeous screen second. I got the Saphire Blue 6-cell/1GB/160gb model and am LOVING it! The first thing I did when I got it was upgrade the RAM to 1.5GB and it was a very simple job to do. Not as easy as it could have been if they had just added a hatch in the bottom of the case, but not too difficult either...just a pain in the butt. I added a micro bluetooth module so I could use my BT mouse and connect to my phone and all is great. I can't believe how fast this little machine is and how well it does everything I ask of it...even games! I dropped my copies of Quake3, Dungeon Siege, Diablo2, Unreal Tournament into it... all games that reviews of netbooks said could barely be run if at all and I gotta tell you, I am impressed! Every one of the games I mentioned play liquid smooth! Even HD movies play smooth as silk with no stutter or slowdown. My main work lappy (dell D830) with it's 2.3ghz core duo, 4GB RAM, 512MB video and 7200rpm hdd can't play video as smoothly as this little beast does. I get all kinds of stutter and slow down/speedup on my big lappy but this little AA1 is like butter!

I just setup a friend of mine with a new Asus Eee box (just like the AA1, hardware wise, but in desktop form for an external monitor) and the thing is a dog. Even with it's custom version of simplified (VERY simplified) linux there is lots of delay switching tabs and opening software. My AA1 is a speed demon in comparison.

My main regret in getting the AA1 was the 1.5GB RAM limitation but I honestly don't feel robbed of power like I thought I would before I actually got it. The glossy screen just POPS with color and even from a distance is possibly the prettiest screen I've ever seen on a PC. The resolution is perfect for it's size and web pages aren't as cramped looking as I feared they would be on such a small screen although I do hit the F11 key when browsing to maximize my viewable area.

If anyone happens to read this post and is debating whether to get a netbook in general or the AA1 in particular, I can't say enough good things about it. I purchased mine as an alternative to lugging my monster lappy to and from work on my 80 miles of daily commute on my motorcycle. I see the AA1 becoming my main PC already after only a few days of ownership. I LOVE it!! :D

~ Johnny

Sapphire Blue AA1 AOA150 w 1.5GB RAM upgrade/160GB/Bluetooth/Windows XP.

Future mods: Internal BT & GPS. Touchscreen.

how much does 512 mb cost for upgrading it to 1.5 ?

@supernova

You will need to get a 1GB Ram module after removing the 512MB already installed as it has only 1 DIMM socket and 512MB is soldered to the board. !GB should be around 2K

@sonam

Yes, NC10 is indeed a worth competitor, might say one of the best, but its way to costly, more than a 100$ more, hence fizzles out...

Hey, would appreciate if you guys can help me find the price of ACER Aspire 4520 z series in Mumbai... Actualy last week I got this model and paid nearly Rs 29000 to my management college (the price was included in our fees structure and we had no choice but to buy one from them). But since i already have one laptop, planning to sell this one for the same price i got it.... so is the price correct?

which college r u talking about which makes students buy laptops from them out of compulsion ????????? :confuse:

Dr. Shahab, there r lot of colleges who made compulsory to buy laptops from them & take the money in advance at the time of admission. I think specially b-schools are making it compulsory.

never knew this was happening ..... :GirandoOjos:

thats like forcing the school students to buy the books from the school store even if you can use your elder brothers books

thats like forcing the school students to buy the books from the school store even if you can use your elder brothers books

Exactly :Sorprendido:

@poo

wrong topic, wrong post... but still to reply, the price seems right...

What is price of 120 GB 6 Cell AAO?

And whether its Linux or XP by default?